Wasteland 2

regret_sl

shitlord
Spiritual successor to... oh, you mean it is the sequel to Wasteland 1, which served as inspiration to the Fallout series.

I hate to be that guy but damn. Really appreciate the screenies, tho. Thanks man.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking that.

Also, WANT. The final release, that is. I don't think I want to spoil any of the experience by messing around with a beta.

Rime

<Donor>
I missed the kickstarter... have they said how much their target release price is going to be?

Spiritual successor to... oh, you mean it is the sequel to Wasteland 1, which served as inspiration to the Fallout series.

I hate to be that guy but damn. Really appreciate the screenies, tho. Thanks man.
Hehe yeah good point. Np.
tongue.png

Also, WANT. The final release, that is. I don't think I want to spoil any of the experience by messing around with a beta.
Yeah same here. I'm not big on beta testing either but couldn't resist trying this.

Gorestabb

Bronze Knight of the Realm
That looks so awesome, exactly what I've been waiting for! Here's hoping for a pre Christmas release.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The gui needs a little love and the camera needs some work, but other than that the engine is rock solid (ran it with full bells and whistles on my quad core system). Balance is going to take some time, though.

faille

Molten Core Raider
looks like they're expanding beta to all backers now. Can't wait to give this a try!

After playing Original Sin and its success with Kick Starter , got me thinking of other games and remembered this one. Soooo how is it going on the people that have the beta , it worth jumping into because i read the Steam page with the new dev post on how they are able to make the game 2x bigger then they originally had planned and how they are learning as they go along and that bothered me.The learning as they go along thing , really love turn based combat games , well good ones that is. So really on the fence on this one and of course it being sold at $60 for a kick starter game is rather greedy to be honest. So is it awesome like how Original Sin was in the early access , cause the few months prior to release they polished the shit out of it and added tons of cool shit.

This anywhere close to that , or is it still a clunker and better off just waiting till release and reviews?

Helldiver

After playing Original Sin and its success with Kick Starter , got me thinking of other games and remembered this one. Soooo how is it going on the people that have the beta , it worth jumping into because i read the Steam page with the new dev post on how they are able to make the game 2x bigger then they originally had planned and how they are learning as they go along and that bothered me.The learning as they go along thing , really love turn based combat games , well good ones that is. So really on the fence on this one and of course it being sold at $60 for a kick starter game is rather greedy to be honest. So is it awesome like how Original Sin was in the early access , cause the few months prior to release they polished the shit out of it and added tons of cool shit.

This anywhere close to that , or is it still a clunker and better off just waiting till release and reviews?
Wait until release. There's a few game breaking bugs that'll require a full start over (unless you don't care about story). Current game features most of "Arizona" (what ever that implies) while the full game supposedly covers Nevada as well (I think they mean in terms of content blocks). Either way, I have a hunch it'll require that you start over since the way their mission flagging system works is really buggy (visiting a place before you're supposed to can break the quest or fudge up flags).

Lots of small little bugs (area triggers, dupes, water not really working) but nothing too serious aside from the above mentioned story/main quest breakers.

Character customization for a game boasting limitless customizability is rather lack-luster. Overall I'm kind of meh in the presentation. Story has caught my interest though. Feels a lot like Fallout Tactics.

Intelligence builds way overpowered, causing melee focused or hybrids to blow. Not that melee is any good anyhow.

Heckler_sl

shitlord
Is this game still expected to release in August? I kinda want to jump into Divinity, but with this on the horizon, I don't want to end up being burned out on crpg's.

Also, kinda tangentially related, what's the deal with "dead state", that other apocalyptic crpg that's supposed to release this summer?

Helldiver

Is this game still expected to release in August? I kinda want to jump into Divinity...
Divinity is where it's at it seems, going off reviews though. Not only is a lot more complete but the devs have added a ton of stuff between beta and what you get now. Was going to pick it up but my gaming buddy wants to hitWarMachine Tacticsinstead. So I'm holding off for that. I'll definitely pick up Divinity eventually.

I'd go with Divinity for now. Wasteland 2 seems like something that needs to stay on the backburner for a few months at the very least. Particularly if/when they open it up to the modding community.

I've only heard bad things about Dead State (hence I got Wasteland2 a while back). Extremely short game, and development has been at a snails pace. Also from what I've been told it's "canned" and not as open ended as say Divinity or Wasteland. I'm cool with a main story, but I prefer more of an open world feel.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Release date announced, Sept 19th.
https://twitter.com/BrianFargo/statu...11116226654210

I have not played beta/early access but I have read that the combat can be a bit underwhelming. Can anyone confirm this?
Depends on what you want from it. It is similar to Fallout 2 or the more recent Shadowrun Returns. AP controls movement, ground/elevation matters, can use cover and so on.

I only tried the beta version a little bit a while ago, but from the forums on the steam page, it seems to be the same now. There is only so much you can do with that system. Complaint, if you can call it that, is that there seems to be limited progression in terms of mechanics. Strategy you employ for the initial encounters will be fairly similar to later on. Only then you will face stronger enemies, but also using stronger weapons. You don't really gain new abilities as much as skill ups makes you able to keep up with stronger encounters.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Not many new abilities doesn't sound very fun. Shadowrun Returns had a fuckton of progression especially with all the different classes, and you ended up really having different setups and stuff, but with the more realistic approach of this it sounds like the main differences are gonna be what weapon you use and how well you use them(spray and pray automatic weapons, sniper for long range shots and such). Sounds ok but meh don't know.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Well, was Fallout/2 really much more than that? Aside from the VATS thing, which devolved in to 99% groin/eye shots most times anyway, the entirety of combat was based around whatever weapon you happened to be using. It's really not a problem if the weapons are varied enough in the function/power to be able to mix things up.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Not many new abilities doesn't sound very fun. Shadowrun Returns had a fuckton of progression especially with all the different classes, and you ended up really having different setups and stuff, but with the more realistic approach of this it sounds like the main differences are gonna be what weapon you use and how well you use them(spray and pray automatic weapons, sniper for long range shots and such). Sounds ok but meh don't know.
Was thinking that after I posted it, but was too lazy to edit. Regarding Shadowrun Returns that is.

The difference there is

Shaodowrun = Lots of stats you can put points into, where progression unlocks abilities and spells, not just direct power in %.

Wasteland 2 = Lots of stats you can put points into, but progression (at least that I can remember seeing) was purely in a % based form. You start off with abilities to use all the stats, but when you increase them, you increase stuff that is in the background. Less chance for jams, ability to use higher level items, ability to unlock higher level items, more proficient in use of higher end weapons. I have no idea if this changes much later, as I said, I haven't played it much, but I never got new ways to kill people, just got better at it. Not sure if it still works, but editing the savegame config file in a normal text editor also lets you increase the stats any way you want. I remember doing it, and the difference between an edited OP level 1 vs a normal level 1 was the removal of any need to using tactical stuff, and just blast away.

Weapon diversity that I saw was more in the line of old school fallout. Burst weapons have a larger chance to hit friendlies, shotguns fire in a cone, and grenades and such also have AE/friendly effects.

I will still get it though, because the atmosphere and storytelling was very Fallout 1/2ish as well, and I loved those games.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
The devs add and fix a ton of shit every patch, this game will get better and better. They are doing it right with the betas and seem to all be in n the same page to make a fair but unforgiving combat system, positioning is king and lobbing nades into windows is very satisfying. Can't wait to see what else they add.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yep I love it. Game is a Fallout fans dream and Mark Morgan is a musical genius.