Watch Dogs: Legion

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I don't know if this works later in the game but I road around on a cargo drone and collected all the tech points in Camden yards. All I did was hover and drop my spider to get them all. You can get a lot of places if you can get a cargo drone and just hop on and ride around.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
So this game is nothing but a massive wet dream for antifa members?

Can I play as the state and crush them?

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So this game is nothing but a massive wet dream for antifa members?
Nowhere near as much as the last game. Aside from the way they deal with immigrants the bad guys behave pretty much as leftists do in RL, like what would happen if a big tech company also ran the world's largest PMC. DedSec is like a bunch of libertarians who got to see first hand what happens when you privatize everything.

The only other thing that really sticks out in a glaringly obvious way is how "diverse" this London is.

Last edited:

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
The game is beautiful. Love the city and how busy it is. But the game is easy and pretty boring.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Can I play as the state and crush them?

Actually that would be fun, building out and managing assets/facilities/counter-DedSec personnel, protecting artifacts and prisoners, mitigating intrusions.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
The game is beautiful. Love the city and how busy it is. But the game is easy and pretty boring.
Ya, it's like it was designed by an A.I.

The most uncompelling, boring, plodding game I've played it recent memory. The recruitment was fun for me for a while but ran its course pretty quickly and once you lose the interest in that hook this thing comes apart at the seems. Ubisoft... Fucking Ubisoft

• 1Like

Vorph

Yeah, that's the biggest problem with the game. You clear all the boroughs, which takes very little time at all, get all the "+" operatives who are generally superior to any you'll ever find on the streets.

There's a few exceptions, like Hacker+ which is actually quite shit at the job because the best hacker skill set would be 6G Data Plan, Faster Hacking, and Key Steal. Sadly I've only ever found two of those three things on anyone, and if you're really lucky you might get a third perk that's something like one of the special guns. There's a "skilled" hacker that spawns next to MI6 HQ that will always have three skills, but I've never seen one that didn't have at least one shit skill like electrify or viral....usually both.

Only other notable replacement I made was that the football hooligan is useless for fist fights compared to the first BKL champ I recruited (with shockwave, faster KOs, and less melee dmg taken).

I did find one interesting character though: an albion employee who has unlimited key range in addition to the usual disguise and baton.

Basically all you really need to complete the game efficiently is a decent hacker (Key Steal + either 6G or Faster Hacking), a 4-perk construction worker, an Albion employee (the contractor I recruited had a disguise that didn't actually work at all), the professional hitman+, a Kelley clan member (Captain with an AK is ideal so you can replace that with a better rifle like the G36, along with a bat and something else useful like Skilled Investor), and maybe a getaway driver (+ has the same perks as every random one I've seen).

I also think deep profiling is too strong. Once I unlocked that I basically never did another recruitment mission again. Just open up deep profile instead and do one of their tasks--many of which are so easy that you don't even need to get out of your car to complete them--and you're done. If they had a thumbs down to start you just have to do two of the tasks.

Once you have all the operatives and the useful tech, which you can get plenty of points for while doing the first part, actually plowing through the game takes little effort and the whole thing isn't particularly interesting. The story/main villain is so insanely over the top that I just sit there rolling my eyes during every cutscene. Not actually done yet, but I kind of doubt it's going to get better by the end.

Edit: It also doesn't help that the spiderbot so vastly outclasses every other skill, or that there's little point in using any guns besides the silenced DedSec pistol.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Is this game actually good? I installed it but I can't express how much I hate modern British parlance so I only spent like 10 minutes in it.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
I spent about 5 hours on it and just got bored.

• 2Solidarity

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
It's a fun and often pretty sandbox, but im not powering through it or anything.

Vorph

Is this game actually good? I installed it but I can't express how much I hate modern British parlance so I only spent like 10 minutes in it.
No, it's pretty much the definition of mediocrity. They had some interesting ideas, but followed through with them in the laziest way possible. Only play it if you got it for free with a GPU or are subbing to a month of Ubi+ for AC:V.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The only high point of the game I've seen is when a streamer I watch and their chat got really attached to one of the agents he recruited - some deadpan sounding east-european contruction dude named Vid - that had a lot of highlights until he died to some carelessness and everyone got bummed out.

Overall it seems to be a pretty bland openworld game mixed with Ubisoft depth(lackof) and a watered down reverse nemesis system

spronk

FPS noob

WD1 was boring as hell, i can't imagine anyone saying that was a better "experience"

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, this is so much better than the first game, at least for me. My biggest problem with the first game is once you cleaned each hideout or whatever it was called out, they were all gone and I had to do other things I wasn't as interested in.

Vorph

1 was a better experience because I actually liked Aiden, but unfortunately everything else was average at best and the writing pissed me off. 2 improved the gameplay, but just about every character was insufferable which made the game unplayable. 3 has everything riding on one big gimmick, and the more I play it the more I hate that gimmick.

1>3>2, but none of them are above a 7/10 so who cares, really?

• 2Like

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
I mean this is kinda the standard for Ubi overall right. They seem to always be between a 6.5 and a 7.5 and the high points are never game play related. There are obvious exceptions like AC Black Flag( I loved the ship stuff) Odyssey and Siege but not much else very recent. I have high hopes for Valhalla at least. I am sure I missed some especially if you go back through the catalog like Rayman Origins but drawing a blank beyond that.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
AC2 was great, but like you said it wasn’t really for the gameplay so much.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Okay, I just got this game for the price of on the house due to my graphics card so I didn't spend any money on it, but I have to say, the sheer number of people who blend into a black background is staggering to the point of shattering any sense of disbelief I could suspend to engage in this farce of a plot. Additionally, if London were really populated by this many strong females of a diverse background, the population would have died out due to lack of breeding anyway. Some ugly cunts.

I know no one cares and diversity is our strength but when the only white person I can find in a game set in fucking bloody LONDON is an olive Irishman, I weep for the stupidity of our generation. Again, I wouldn't even be playing this but for the price of free, but holy SHIT can I not find a single white zebra stripe in all of her majesty's realm. It's weird and deliberate and highly distracting.

Oh well, I'll be able to tattoo my unitar's horse schlong in Cyberpunk here in a week or so and it won't matter. Just remember, their idea of "diversity" is a poison.

• 1Like