Watchmen

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Another “background” episode up until the last 15 minutes and then oof.

No way. Say what you want about Lindelof, but this is how you move a plot forward. SO many things uncovered, confirmed, or explained in this episode.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Just fucking flabbergasted. What an episode. Veidt's story has to just be the Dark Freighter of this season right? How could they pull him in at this point?

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Just fucking flabbergasted. What an episode. Veidt's story has to just be the Dark Freighter of this season right? How could they pull him in at this point?

I kinda think the statue is somehow him, rather than a statue of him. Maybe using memory stuff?

But yeah, this episode, wow.

Hosix

All labs matter!
So as soon as Angela got that hammer and started talking about amnesia? I was like ya hubby about to get bashed. That was pretty cool and the blue glow that came up.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
It's really weird, they have been hinting at this for awhile now with Cal but I certainly wasn't seeing it. Thinking back you have to think Laurie Blake seemed to know or think she knew. "Cal is hot", her going to see him alone. The blue dildo brand name is Excalibur((Ex Cal Abar)Got this off reddit)

And grandpa has been saying the truth the whole way so why wouldn't Angela be even more freaked out about him saying Dr Manhattan is here in Tulsa pretending to be human. She just shrugged it off like nothing during their first encounter.

Really curious where Looking Glass is now.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Really curious where Looking Glass is now.

Looking Glass stole a 7K mask and is at their headquarters now. There was one unmasked corpse in his bunker.

Lady Trieu says she is saving the world. The last time that happened a giant squid was dropped in New York. I wonder how she is going to outdo that plan!

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Alright. I loved the comic and I loved the director’s cut version Snyder put out.

Is this really good or is it just “white men bad?”

I’ve avoided it because I figured they were retconning Rorschach into a racist rather than a right wing moral absolutist.

Sterling

El Presidente
Alright. I loved the comic and I loved the director’s cut version Snyder put out.

Is this really good or is it just “white men bad?”

I’ve avoided it because I figured they were retconning Rorschach into a racist rather than a right wing moral absolutist.
It's legit good.

• 6Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Well given our board aren't morons and jettison sjw nonsense quick. I would say it's probably not as bad as most and a decent show from the reaction here.

Caeden

Ok. If watching with the wife who has neither read nor seen the adaptation, will she be able to catch up in series or good idea to plow her through it?

Sterling

El Presidente
Ok. If watching with the wife who has neither read nor seen the adaptation, will she be able to catch up in series or good idea to plow her through it?
It's probably fine on it's own. You won't have some backstory for some of the characters but that might actually make things a bit of a surprise which might actually be interesting.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
They haven't retconned Rorschach into a racist. I don't think a group using his mask says anything specific about him or his beliefs. It hasn't even been explained why they are using his mask, and probably won't be because it doesn't matter.

This show is really excellent, best thing I've seen since the boys (ok so not that long). Very interested to see how Veidt is going to fit in to it all.

Sterling

El Presidente
If you want to go out of your way and claim anything to do with race is SJW you can certainly find it but it's all done in a way that makes sense with the story and not some arbitrary bullshit that's just hamfisted in. All of the characters have legit flaws and the story has been excellent. So you have a show with a very good cast, good writing, high production value and is just generally entertaining.

Caeden

We’re going to start it this week probably. Wife is trying to watch all of the Marvel movies start to finish so this might be a good one to slide in after the inevitable Iron Man 3 or Thor 2 let down when you need to find something quality to wash the taste out but you don’t want to give up and jump ahead on your marathon.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
How...?? Is it Nielsen only? I imagine the target audience watches with the HBO apps

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Breaking Bad had shit ratings in S1, the Wire never had anything but shit ratings. This is just one contained season so I don't think it can hit those heights but it's been 7 solid to amazing episodes so far. They may flub the landing still on ending this season but what a ride. The Saigon stuff was just really, really well done.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Rime

<Donor>
Watchmen has relatively low live viewership. Estimates are that the majority of consumers are doing it on VOD/DVR/etc.

• 1Picard

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Ya, since it is Sunday's and football season I either watch it later Sunday night or even Monday.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users