Watchmen

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
That was the best episode of the season, for me at least. Really truly amazing in that it gave a huge backstory from the POV of just Looking Glass but it worked really, really well in filing out the world of the last 30 years. The stuff with Veidt and Redford was just awesome.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
Is the whole Redford becoming president a thing from the original source material? Never read it so just wondering. Wonder if we'll see him in the series at all, be kinda odd to play yourself but in a fictional setting like this especially as president. Jeremy Irons looks like he's having the time of his life with the role too.

Sterling

El Presidente
Is the whole Redford becoming president a thing from the original source material? Never read it so just wondering. Wonder if we'll see him in the series at all, be kinda odd to play yourself but in a fictional setting like this especially as president. Jeremy Irons looks like he's having the time of his life with the role too.
Jeremy Irons is the best part of the show. He's great.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider

Redford was mentioned in the comic as looking to run against Nixon.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
69EF566B-FEF0-48E4-B3C6-F78FB528300B.jpeg

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
This is one of the best shows I've seen in years.

There I said it

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
I like the movie ending for the movie. There wasn't enough time to add the squid creation stuff to an already long movie. The Manhattan bombs work as a more believable and immediate threat to end hostilities.

The show does a great job of showing the lasting efforts needed to keep the peace from the squid. I personally like the comic ending better because the art is so iconic. I also think that showing all the people working on the squid, then showing how Ozymandias murdered them showed how Ozymandias was a pretty bad dude. The movie has a brief shot of the scientist at Karnak dead, but there wasn't a lot of investment in those characters.
Initially agreed a live action squid would have looked silly. The show proved it could be terrifying and effective. The show/comic version is full of grim cthulhuian destruction and piles of corpses, decidedly more apocalyptic than the movie.

Regina King as Sister Night is good as is Delmar's Mirror Guy, Silk-Spectre-turned-Eddie-Blake lady and Iron's whack job Veidt.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
So was poking around imdb, the guy playing Looking Glass is actually from Tulsa

• 2Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
He's a character actor I've seen in a bunch of things (notably 'Oh Brother Where Art Thou') before but never as a main role. I am quite pleased with his performance. Also who didn't love the whole bit where he had the mask raised up and eating beans out of the can??

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
A622BAD5-353B-40B4-BC6F-E9B42A5779EE.jpeg

I didn’t know Trent was doing the music for this show. If this has been posted before...sorry!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I have a hard time seeing how they'll wrap this up in 3 episodes now but the Lindelof and crew have delivered so far. Even if they don't stick the landing it's not going to lesson how much fun these episodes have been to watch. Having it turn out Hooded Justice was right from the get go is pretty awesome though where did he stash the flashlight or did I miss Angela having it? Poor Judd....

Xevy

Log Wizard
I have a hard time seeing how they'll wrap this up in 3 episodes now but the Lindelof and crew have delivered so far. Even if they don't stick the landing it's not going to lesson how much fun these episodes have been to watch. Having it turn out Hooded Justice was right from the get go is pretty awesome though where did he stash the flashlight or did I miss Angela having it? Poor Judd....

He still had the flashlight, I believe. She even told him "Turn that off or I'll shoot." I'm waiting for the maganerd outrage over a black hooded justice, but pretty great episode. Dude just goes full rage mode on a bunch of corrupt racist cops. When he walks in just revolvering each one was super brutal. Especially with that weak-ass 1930's era revolver "pop" and each guy just falling over dead.

Hopefully the next episode isn't the same thing with Angela. Flashback episodes are fine, but two in a row is fucking way too goddamn much.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, another flashback or origin story would be a bit much at this point. Think we are all up to speed and it is go time now.

"maganerd outrage" is my new favorite thing.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Yeah , I enjoyed this episode as well. If we didn't know that it's ending soon, I would be optimistic for long 3 year story line...now I am a bit worried.

spronk

FPS noob
The first half was a bit boring, it felt like 10 minutes of story stretched to 30 but after he took his first shot it was fantastic. I still don't really get what exactly Don Johnson did and why Hooded Justice wanted to kill him so bad but I guess we'll find out.

Next week looks like it'll be a lot of Angela's origin story so kinda meh again but looking forward to all the shit with Lady Trillionaire and Ozymandias

The fake TV show inside the show is pretty hilarious

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
He still had the flashlight, I believe. She even told him "Turn that off or I'll shoot." I'm waiting for the maganerd outrage over a black hooded justice, but pretty great episode. Dude just goes full rage mode on a bunch of corrupt racist cops. When he walks in just revolvering each one was super brutal. Especially with that weak-ass 1930's era revolver "pop" and each guy just falling over dead.

Hopefully the next episode isn't the same thing with Angela. Flashback episodes are fine, but two in a row is fucking way too goddamn much.

The preview shows her in the current timeline with Lady Trieu so I think the flashback are over at this point. The trial of Veidt looks hilarious as well.