Watchmen

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
we won't know until 2 more weeks whether they stick the landing or not but so far its really good. so good that i'm forced to admit that maybe Lindelof isn't a giant fuck bag for Lost, and after Watchmen ends I will probably go watch The Leftovers which everyone always says is good but I ignored because Lindelof made it

Fuck The Leftovers. I hate watched every damn episode of that show and hated every single character in the whole damn thing. And I still watched it. Just go read my review in the thread. It is terrible. Just terrible.

This so far has been incredible and am really looking forward to the finale.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
. He told Veidt that the world's smartest man was no more threat to him than it's smartest termite. He intentionally stood in front of the cannon for some reason. Why?

The whole ordinary men defeating literal God annoys me. Maybe technology advanced in the last 30 years

The only logical explanation is that he Obi-Wanned himself

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Not sure how they are going to cram it all next week though.

Lindelof:

dd0.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Veidt I think just signifies that he can't live in a world of perfect happiness. Utopia is not utopia. Veidt needs struggle, strife and the sweet taste of victory to find any reason to do anything. So he defies his prison gets put in the kindest jail cell ever. Then revels at the prospect of tunneling out when all he has to do to be allowed free is to tell the servants he will just stay with them.

Yeah, that's exactly the message, from both Veidt and Manhattan. Both believed they could make a "better man"--both were proven wrong. The conflict in humanity is not a frailty or a grotesque quality--its their best feature. The need to struggle is life itself, its the resistance of entropy. Without it you might have "zen", but for most people "zen" doesn't work, its not fulfilling, its empty. Which of course its supposed to be, its essentially oblivion. Its why eastern religions feel its so hard to achieve, even a sliver of humanity would keep it from you. You genuinely need to be a god. And while Dr Mahattan is very detached and close to being a god, he's still clearly human enough to NOT be one (Which was Veidt's gamble that Jon would still have "morals"--it was another way of saying he was hoping part of Jon was still human).

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Last two episodes: the Vietnam scenes were good. The Veidt trial was great. Elephant was good. A bunch of scenes were good.

The weirdness and mystery in ep 7 was good but they're overdoing it. The white supremacist scenes in ep 7 (joe keene bit and trieu bit) seemed cartoonish, which sucks cos up to now they did a good job. Ep 5 so far is the best episode.

The nonlinear stuff in ep 8 was fine. Would have been better if the clones were of Osterman and Janey Slater. Instead they were childhood memories made up by Lindelof and co. The show was doing a great job setting up the source material's universe. It would have been better if Jon chose to look and sound like Cal before meeting Abar, a simpler and less convoluted solution requiring less awkward exposition. There were a couple of weird plot holes. Dr. Manhattan looked like cheap cosplaying
7c2cf326cc0b62c673a8d1919b698a70--stargate-sg--stargate-atlantis.jpg

Snyder and Crudup's version will now be remembered as the best one. They dropped the ball, maybe due to budget or whatever else but I don't consider that a reasonable excuse.

Regarding plot they could still do a bunch of interesting stuff but Dr. Manhattan sucks ass.

• 2Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
He could have blown up that cannon at any point but obviously he foresaw needed to be sucked in for some reason TBD.

I'm pretty sure what they were going for is that him experiencing every moment at the same time means he can't actually change anything. It's sort of a given for being able to predict the future flawlessly - if you can do that, free will is impossible.

Kind of a shitty life for him ;p

• 1Solidarity

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I think the way Jon perceives time has to connect into Lady Trieu's clock somehow. I'm just not quite sure how and if she is someone we should be rooting for or not. Best guess is that Jon set this up with Will and Will set it up with Trieu but as to the rest of them and the 7th Kavalry...who the fuck knows.

I have to agree that, somehow, what crash landed in that field was Veidt.

Veidt sitting in front of his, now many broken, monitors and being pissed off at how humanity had fucked up after all he did to save it was pretty sweet.

• 2Like

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm pretty sure what they were going for is that him experiencing every moment at the same time means he can't actually change anything. It's sort of a given for being able to predict the future flawlessly - if you can do that, free will is impossible.

Kind of a shitty life for him ;p
This is how I saw it, to john everything we see happening already happened so he cant change it because while it is the present it is also the past and he cant change the past. For everyone around him it would be amazingly frustrating.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Adrian is going to tunnel through a flagstone floor using a silver horseshoe?

• 1Worf

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This episode did a really great job of showing how Dr. Manhattan perceives time. I also couldn't help but miss Billy Crudup's Dr. Manhattan voice.
No way she would have made it six months dating him.

At a random breakfast:
“Where are you now?”
“It is May 3rd, 2008 we are doing butt stuff for the first time”

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Obviously he already set loyal clones to digging an escape tunnel/lab under the prison 3 years ago.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Well the finale was about what I expected...nothing too shocking.

Overall a good first season 8/10 I would say...defiantly better than I thought it would be.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
If they took Dr Manhattan out of the picture that would make things more interesting next season.