Wayfinder -- new Free To Play MMO

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i'm torn on this because on one hand, i'm not into blaming the consumer. developers need to work harder on being competent. on the other hand, it's early access and people are giving reviews that say things like "i'm working with steam to get this game delisted because i took time off of work to play this and i can't" and it just wreaks of entitled stupidity.

if you're going to take time off specifically to play a game that is releasing to EARLY ACCESS you get what you pay for. i'm not going to comment on having to pay for early access when it'll be free at release because, well it is what it is. i get why they are doing it despite not liking it, so i can understand a poor review for that reason. i just think it's hilarious how angry people are about server instability in an early access game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
i'm torn on this because on one hand, i'm not into blaming the consumer. developers need to work harder on being competent. on the other hand, it's early access and people are giving reviews that say things like "i'm working with steam to get this game delisted because i took time off of work to play this and i can't" and it just wreaks of entitled stupidity.

if you're going to take time off specifically to play a game that is releasing to EARLY ACCESS you get what you pay for. i'm not going to comment on having to pay for early access when it'll be free at release because, well it is what it is. i get why they are doing it despite not liking it, so i can understand a poor review for that reason. i just think it's hilarious how angry people are about server instability in an early access game.
Well maybe if there were standards for early access as in you know, some sort of code for the condition of the game that could be referenced to an objective condition that might even have standards which meant your game could be delisted if you weren't transparent to consumers.

Idk just thinking out loud but what about Greek alphabet.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
These companies have an entire set of data points available to them right up to the very point the game launches. They should have the wherewithal in knowledge and money to not only bring up more servers as needed on the spot (Because they set the fucking launch date) but the forethought in how to shed those servers later without inconveniencing any players. Its hard to believe that we had these login queue issues back in fucking 1996 with UO and The Realm, and here it is 2023 and even triple A launches like Diablo 4 had fucking queues. There are plenty of examples of projects that scale out there, so its just screams poor planning and reluctance to spend any money.

Course, this would be made a 1000 times better if the company didnt charge for early access. Who would have thought that charging people for early access and then, they not being able to play, would cause bad reviews.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The issue with calling it early access is that all progress is carried over to "launch" and the presence of a working cash shop. So ppl are paying for a head start in a broken / unfinished launch title.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Been playing this last few days. Queue sucks. Got heroic kyros he’s pretty cool but not sure of long term goals in this game. Just run same dungeons over and over for diff quests.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Been playing this last few days. Queue sucks. Got heroic kyros he’s pretty cool but not sure of long term goals in this game. Just run same dungeons over and over for diff quests.
Is it just a medieval fantasy version of Warframe, or no?

Flake

Golden Knight of the Realm
It's fantasy Warframe.

I've clocked about 60 hours in it. It's decent, be interesting to see what they do with it with more content/release/future.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah seems very similar to warframe. They claim they’ve fixed server stability and queue should go down. 🤷‍♂️

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Queue times have gone down, quite a lot, compared the first few days. Takes at most 30-ish minutes now with a big queue of 3k.

Game is decent, but still clearly not ready for a real launch. I think the studio is to small to reach the goals they've set for themselves in the next 6 months. Worth $20, imo.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user