Wayfinder -- new Free To Play MMO

Qhue

Trump's Staff

Was revealed at the game awards and it feels like the spritual successor to Wildstar with maybe a bit of Battleborn thrown in for good measure. True MMO with lots of randomized craft-based loot gathering. The visuals are darn compelling.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Just looks like another WoW clone to me. Not saying I wont check it out, but at a certain point, everything cartoony looks like a WoW clone. The question is, where does it differ, innovate, and improve.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
It's by the Warframe people and is essentially just Warframe but with a fantasy wrapper and a Wildstar/Arcane design aesthetic

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just looks like another WoW clone to me. Not saying I wont check it out, but at a certain point, everything cartoony looks like a WoW clone. The question is, where does it differ, innovate, and improve.
As long as they dont throw body types and gay storylines in my face ill check it out. Gameplay needs to be more than the usual garbage grind game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Seems more like monster-hunter / dauntless than Wildstar but, ultimately that could be a good thing, considering Wildstar's status. Making this assumption on that video AND warframes concept of an "Open World" setting, which is basically just large zone instances combined with localle phasing.

Will certainly try it, but tempering my expectations heavily.

As long as they dont throw body types and gay storylines in my face ill check it out. Gameplay needs to be more than the usual garbage grind game.

Warframe moderation is heavily SJW but their storylines have been pretty basic. Honestly if they are just pivoting their warframe team into making this, then the game is doomed to be a 3-6 / 10. Warframe has no concept of pacing.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nothing new on the horizon, so will check it out. I like Warframe.

Hate the art style though.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Been watching a friend play this (cbt) on a ps5 tonight. The game looks really nice, if you like the artstyle as I do anyway, like a combo of Battle Chasers and Arcane. Runs pretty poorly though, as I'd expect at this point. Combat is very souls-like, but quick. You have a main city that leads out to a large shared area where you can see other players, and that area has several instanced dungeons which you can solo or matchmake for (the ones I've seen so far are well done), but the shared area runs really bad, like 20-30fps it looked like on the ps5. Game has really high potential from what I'm seeing.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
First reaction: do we still have to call MMOs "WoW clones"? Second reaction: Holy Fuck does that ever look like a WoW clone.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
It's not by the Warframe people. Digital Extremes is publishing it. The developer is Airship syndicate. Battle Chasers: Nightware, LoL RPG Ruined King, some other thing I'm too lazy to google.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some comments from a friend after his second day: Game feels great when you're playing it.. exploring the world / dungeons, fighting mobs, random events, bosses. Game is ass when interacting with the systems via the UI. Gearing system is good! Unlocking new characters / weapons will be very grindy, grindy enough to really tempt ppl into buying them, ala Warframe. Load times are atrocious on PS5 when going from one zone to another, inzone teleports are instant though. Has woke people working on the quest team apparently, has the staple "help gay couple get back together" type shit.

• 2Barf
  • 2Picard
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 5 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Some comments from a friend after his second day: Game feels great when you're playing it.. exploring the world / dungeons, fighting mobs, random events, bosses. Game is ass when interacting with the systems via the UI. Gearing system is good! Unlocking new characters / weapons will be very grindy, grindy enough to really tempt ppl into buying them, ala Warframe. Load times are atrocious on PS5 when going from one zone to another, inzone teleports are instant though. Has woke people working on the quest team apparently, has the staple "help gay couple get back together" type shit.
And then it turned woke and wasn't worth a shit. Thank you. Saved us all from wasting time and/or money on that sort of garbage.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

FarmCheese

Trakanon Raider
Played this for 15 minutes. Game seems C tier in just about every department.

And honestly theres nothing wrong with C tier. Give me something I can kill time and progress in without being complete dog shit. I'll take it!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Week long Closed Beta for PS5 / PC, with cross play starts tomorrow. Can still sign up for it, invites will go out in waves starting tomorrow once servers are up. This will be using the new client vs. the previous Tests, so more content and lots of UI changes along with at least 1 new class. Hopefully the Help the Gays quest is gone, but I doubt it. I wonder if Digital Extremes had some contractual stipulation where Airship had to DEI included in some way.