Wayward Pines

Nimchammund_sl

shitlord
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
dlGyl2HuB1RFHhMtHOI8WKnR5qY.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Wayward Pines[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Mystery[/GENRE], [GENRE]Sci-Fi & Fantasy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2015-05-14[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Imagine the perfect American town... beautiful homes, manicured lawns, children playing safely in the streets. Now imagine never being able to leave. You have no communication with the outside world. You think you're going insane. You must be in Wayward Pines.

Based on the best-selling novel “Pines” by Blake Crouch and brought to life by suspenseful storyteller M. Night Shyamalan, “Wayward Pines” is the intense new mind-bending 10-episode event thriller evocative of the classic hit “Twin Peaks.”[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

"A Secret Service agent goes to Wayward Pines, Idaho in search of two federal agents who have gone missing in the bucolic town. He soon learns that he may never get out of Wayward Pines alive."

Creator:
Chad Hodge

Stars:
Matt Dillon, Melissa Leo

Produced by

Donald De Line .... executive producer
Chad Hodge .... executive producer
Ashwin Rajan .... executive producer
M. Night Shyamalan .... executive producer

Directed by

M. Night Shyamalan

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2618986/...=tt_cl_sm#cast

It's about time Shyamalan get's some T.V. directing under his belt. This should set him up for a 2016 rebound!

Last edited by a moderator:

Column_sl

shitlord
Bumping this up since it's about to air.

M Night has pretty much killed his movie career, maybe he will do better in TV. We shall see

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Watched the pilot last night. I enjoyed it, although not sure of its longevity. Could be another LOST in that regard.

Calling it now - he's in a virtual reality.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I read the trilogy during a business trip the other month.

Good pulp stuff but unlike Lost it is all explained and has an actual ending.

The 10 episode first season should be the complete first book.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Now I know ole MmmKnight isn't well thought of nowadays, but the book this is based one was pretty damn good and he's oddly suited to the material. Starts Thursday on Fox.

It Is Happening Again: Can 'Wayward Pines' Be M. Night Shyamalan's 'Twin Peaks'?

Basically an FBI agent and his partner go to a small town in Idaho to investigate the disappearance of two of their colleagues. Shit goes down, things get weird, and then weirder. Good cast, good source material, only 10 episodes self-contained, and like I said the book lends itself to this format pretty perfectly.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I'm on the fence for this one and my girlfriend is pretty much out (which means I probably won't bother with it). Is the book more like Secrets and Lies or XFiles?

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
It's about a seemingly supernatural mystery that will make you roll your eyes and say "There is no explanation that makes this make sense" only there is and it will and it's actually very good.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Now I know ole MmmKnight isn't well thought of nowadays, but the book this is based one was pretty damn good and he's oddly suited to the material. Starts Thursday on Fox.

It Is Happening Again: Can 'Wayward Pines' Be M. Night Shyamalan's 'Twin Peaks'?

Basically an FBI agent and his partner go to a small town in Idaho to investigate the disappearance of two of their colleagues. Shit goes down, things get weird, and then weirder. Good cast, good source material, only 10 episodes self-contained, and like I said the book lends itself to this format pretty perfectly.
He took what was a great show (Avatar: The Last Airbender) and turned it into a steaming pile of rejected monkey shit, so no I have no faith in what he can do with this even if the source material is excellent...Hes just a turd in the toilet and I am flummoxed as to why he hasnt been flushed yet.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i like this thread better because it warns you about mk shimsham being in charge. i may watch this at some point, but only after its run and if people liked it. the dude is still making suck movies, he hasnt gotten better.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I was going to watch this but after finding out shamadingdong was involved im going to wait

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
It's about a seemingly supernatural mystery that will make you roll your eyes and say "There is no explanation that makes this make sense" only there is and it will and it's actually very good.
sounds like Lost. Will probably suck just as much.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
So.......is this just Twin Peaks?
Similar, but with a coherent ending. Like I said the draw of this should be for people who like the mystery of shows like Lost/True Detective but actually want an ending designed from the beginning to fit the mystery. This one has it. Otherwise I would have hated the book and told people not to watch the show.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
I enjoyed it as well. Juliette Lewis thought it was like 1999 and its 2015. curious to see how that is all explained (have no read the books obviously)

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I enjoyed it as well. Juliette Lewis thought it was like 1999 and its 2015. curious to see how that is all explained (have no read the books obviously)
Yep, meanwhile the missing FBI woman thought she had been there for 12 years, when in fact it had only been 5 weeks. I also haven't read the source material, but I was happy to see that SorrowsEnd post that everything is eventually explained.

I was surprised at how quickly the first episode jumped into all the weird stuff. For example, him finding the cricket-noise box right off the bat. I figured they would kind of draw that out and have him gradually realize that the town isn't quite right, rather than have the weirdness slap him in the face.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Just caught the first episode.

I was expecting it to be more drawn out and mysterious but they are pushing the plot forward very quickly. A few changes from the book here and there but it seems fairly close to the story.