We should start our own hardware blog.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Hardware Junkies maybe? Seems like an awesome way to get a bunch of free hardware from various companies.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
By "we" do you mean the 5500 registered users of rerolled.org? Might be difficult to split up the stuff evenly hehe. You could start one and link it here, but I think you need to get some readers before people start sending you review units, and even then you usually have to return them after the review is done.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
By "we" I mean Draegan should register the domain and put up the CMS and I should run it and you guys can contribute. :p

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll review gold plated monster HDMI cables if the site is providing them for me to sample and evaluate.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
No, that's not how it works. Hardware reviewerss go and beg the manufacturers to send them samples.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I'll review gold plated monster HDMI cables if the site is providing them for me to sample and evaluate.
Make sure your monster cables are virus free!
hdmiantivirus.jpg

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Holy fuck virus noises?!?! And say goodbye to those imperfect images fellows! I'm sold, this review will write itself!

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I just put on some rubber gloves and burned all my HDMI cables now that I know that they are riddled with viruses. I hope it didn't get into my speaker wires.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Man... reading that... my parents would totally buy those cables for that reason. That's some smart-ass marketing.

I'll review all dragon dildos

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Fuck those cables. Gold plated steel connectors? What kind of crap is that substandard wannabe company trying to pull. Your TV picture will be absolute dog shit without solid gold connecters. Everyone knows this. So what if they cost more than your car. You can't put a price on REAL quality.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
To the average human being they believe there is magic between the two connecting ends of the wire. Whatever goes on between those 6-24 feet of wiring is beyond them, for all they know there is magic dust performing miracles. The gold just makes it so the magic happens faster, more clear, and virus free.

Side note. My dad has a older dual core PC. It started blue screening whenever he started doing a lot of stuff on his computer. I took a look at it, and finally determined it was a bad stick of RAM. I think it brought his 2GB down to 1GB, or something like that. Told him I'd show him on Newegg what to order since it would most likely be cheaper, instead he went to Best Buy.. but I digress. With the new RAM in his computer obviously ran a lot faster and smoother.. but then he told me it made it better in another way. His picture was now way clearer and more sharp, from his new RAM. He put in 16GB in his 32bit OS, and it showed as only recognizing 3.5GB. I didn't have the heart to tell him that he 1) wasted money and 2) RAM does not affect your video sharpness and clarity. He's just one of those dudes that is always right and you fight an uphill battle if you argue. Ugh. Sorry to throw the thread off track.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
To the average human being they believe there is magic between the two connecting ends of the wire. Whatever goes on between those 6-24 feet of wiring is beyond them, for all they know there is magic dust performing miracles. The gold just makes it so the magic happens faster, more clear, and virus free.

Side note. My dad has a older dual core PC. It started blue screening whenever he started doing a lot of stuff on his computer. I took a look at it, and finally determined it was a bad stick of RAM. I think it brought his 2GB down to 1GB, or something like that. Told him I'd show him on Newegg what to order since it would most likely be cheaper, instead he went to Best Buy.. but I digress. With the new RAM in his computer obviously ran a lot faster and smoother.. but then he told me it made it better in another way. His picture was now way clearer and more sharp, from his new RAM. He put in 16GB in his 32bit OS, and it showed as only recognizing 3.5GB. I didn't have the heart to tell him that he 1) wasted money and 2) RAM does not affect your video sharpness and clarity. He's just one of those dudes that is always right and you fight an uphill battle if you argue. Ugh. Sorry to throw the thread off track.
Fucking parents! My dad was watching a HDTV get advertised on QVC the other day and asked me if he should buy it because "I can really tell how much better the picture on that TV on QVC looks".

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
This is the same guy that argued with us that his blu ray component cables gave the same picture as our Hdmi cable. Argued for hours despite the night and day difference.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I had to order a new TV from Amazon because my step-dad was convinced that if you got it at Walmart it wouldn't be as good even if it's the exact same brand and model.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Maybe he just refused to give Walmart money and was trying to avoid an argument.

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
I remember a few years (decades?) back a big audiophile website did a speaker wire test. Sample A was 100% pure, uncut Monster Cable brand goodness. Sample B was some cheap off the shelf speaker wire of the same gauge. Sample C was 2 metal coat hangers...

Signal loss between all the samples were identical up to something like 5 feet. It was pretty funny.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The only thing I like about Monster, and this may only apply to guitar cables, was if one broke any store had to replace it free of charge no questions asked. I busted many a guitar cable and got free replacements for life.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I had to order a new TV from Amazon because my step-dad was convinced that if you got it at Walmart it wouldn't be as good even if it's the exact same brand and model.
This is partly true. Because they won't be the exact same brand and model. They usually have 1 letter different and are some inferior model. The flagship models they carry aren't like this, but the other ones sometimes are.