We should start our own hardware blog.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My mom used to always yell at me for getting viruses and breaking her computer. Because she thought computer games gave viruses. She's one of those people that would have 6-7 different toolbars on her browser and install anything she was prompted to.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My family would yell at me if the internet was down.. as if I was some sort of internet demi-god and controlled Comcast from my basement lair. Also she would always switch off the wifi switch on her laptop (WHY IS THERE A SWITCH FOR IT) and call me in a panic that the internet had been down for days. Ugh.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
By "we" I mean Draegan should register the domain and put up the CMS and I should run it and you guys can contribute. :p
I can do both, but I doubt anyone from here will contribute since no one wants their real names revealed to the board.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can do some reviews if this is actually a thing. Lemme know.

edit: why the fuck would you have to use your real name?

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Also she would always switch off the wifi switch on her laptop (WHY IS THERE A SWITCH FOR IT) and call me in a panic that the internet had been down for days. Ugh.
My switch broke off of my old laptop. Was too lazy to open it up and move it manually so went out and bought a usb adapater. But seriously fuck hardware wifi switches. Dumbest idea ever.

edit: why the fuck would you have to use your real name?
Because no one is going to take a site seriously that let's their writers use pseudonyms. I sure as hell wouldn't.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Funny that this thread is here. We're going to be launching junkiesnation.com soonish and I will need people who want to do tech reviews/blogs. Along with people to do TV, Movies, Comics and any other interesting nerd/geek/whatever subjects.

As for real names, you can use them or a fake one. Sutekh can be named Sandy Flowers

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Funny that this thread is here. We're going to be launching junkiesnation.com soonish and I will need people who want to do tech reviews/blogs. Along with people to do TV, Movies, Comics and any other interesting nerd/geek/whatever subjects.

As for real names, you can use them or a fake one. Sutekh can be named Sandy Flowers
Well the whole point of a hardware blog is to get review samples from companies.

But I can start writing reviews of just the stuff I have from doing builds I do for people, so we have some reviews posted, and we'll have something to show companies when asking for samples.

Buf if anyone with deep pockets wants to send some newegg giftcards my way, I'm not gonna object. :p

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
My switch broke off of my old laptop. Was too lazy to open it up and move it manually so went out and bought a usb adapater. But seriously fuck hardware wifi switches. Dumbest idea ever.

Because no one is going to take a site seriously that let's their writers use pseudonyms. I sure as hell wouldn't.
You must not read many tech blogs then, I can name 10 reputable companies that allow people to user aliases, to name a few, Google, Microsoft, Mozilla, HP, Symantec.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You must not read many tech blogs then, I can name 10 reputable companies that allow people to user aliases, to name a few, Google, Microsoft, Mozilla, HP, Symantec.
Ironically, Google won't let you use an alias on Google+.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Fuck those cables. Gold plated steel connectors? What kind of crap is that substandard wannabe company trying to pull. Your TV picture will be absolute dog shit without solid gold connecters. Everyone knows this. So what if they cost more than your car. You can't put a price on REAL quality.
Gold is actually not a great conductor. Silver is the best metal conductor on earth. Copper is a very close second (1 extra electron on its valence shell). The only issue with silver over gold for the sake of plating is that it breaks down much easier. Especially when electricity is flowing through it. Gold , while soft, is a more durable metal.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I can't imagine a traditional review coming out of this site...in a good way...I think.
biggrin.png

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
Video reviews, written, what? I'd love reviews that don't throw a bunch of benchmark statistics at you. Show me the GD screen while playing.

Silence_sl

shitlord
Well the whole point of a hardware blog is to get review samples from companies.

But I can start writing reviews of just the stuff I have from doing builds I do for people, so we have some reviews posted, and we'll have something to show companies when asking for samples.

Buf if anyone with deep pockets wants to send some newegg giftcards my way, I'm not gonna object. :p
You are going to have to foot the bill for the hardware yourself until you get high traffic enough to have companies pay attention to you. You and 900000000000 other small hardware sites trying to do the same thing.