Weather

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I lived 4 miles from one that wiped out an entire neighborhood today. Lots of damage all over the place. Area where I lived got high winds but no twisters.

Tornadoes telegraph themselves. Although you won't know where they will pop up exactly, the conditions that spawn them form hours in advance. The last one, got warnings in the morning and they hit 4PM or thereabouts. Still, there were idiots driving and one guy was on a motorcycle, and people were letting kids play in the street.

If any of you want to have a genuine religious experience, ride through a few hours of tornadoes.

View attachment 526467
I've tried to chase tornadoes before, but never get "lucky." Last time was when I was out in the field, driving to a job and the weather got bad. My co-worker was going nuts about driving toward the storm, so I had to turn around...

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
We are supposed to get it in 4 hours. I hope to see THE DOMINATOR roll through town. I'll probably be asleep though.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Looks like OK is getting it bad today.

When I was about 10 was in OK and the radio was talking about lots of tornados and places we really didn't know where they were. We pulled over and stopped at a lake in a hilly area. All the other people stopping had got out of the car and we could see 3 tornados at once. Then back in the car. It was wild. Wish I had a camera, even if I did pretty sure the only one we had was a polaroid.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Screenshot_2024-04-27_at_11_22_32-3199294.png

guidance_tor_spchazcal_004h_sp_f01400-3199296.png

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
The okie storms last night stayed in one place again for hours. The local weather lady was talking about how strange it was.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Weather warning from electric company about 60+ mph winds expected for the weekend and power might go out.

• 1Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Up close vid of tornado taking out a warehouse with 70 people in it. How they all survived, much less with just minor injuries is crazy

• 3Mother of God
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Up close vid of tornado taking out a warehouse with 70 people in it. How they all survived, much less with just minor injuries is crazy

That's some of the best footage I've ever seen of actual up close and personal tornadic destruction. Fucking hell it was only an E3 too.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Dunno how it snuck into my feed, but got hooked on watching these live Dominator storm chasing streams, and goddamn, is it always this wild for tornadoes, or is this abnormal amount of outbreaks. I know when I think tornadoes, I don't exactly think Michigan, like what's happening right now.