Weather

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Getting to the warm time of the year now. 85F yesterday and 80F today. Won't be long it wil be in the mid 90s. Be better than last year I'm guessing when it hit 104-107 for a few weeks which is way out of the ordinary here. I'm good and actually normally comfortable up to about 101. Past that it gets into screw that territory real quick.

Of course the wind was blowing 40mph today

Last edited:

Borzak

Slidell, LA which is on the north shore of the lake across from New Orleans got 10" of rain in 2 hours this morning. They are saying it's worse than Katrina.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Tornado in Slidell as well apparently. Currently an hour and a half away in MS and we only got a couple of inches of rain.

Seeing that rain total in Slidell reminded me of 2016. 30" of rain in just over 2 days just across a small river from Baton Rouge. It wiped houses off of slabs that had been there a long time. Trump brought in a trailer to give out stuff. Just down the road from my parents a house was washed away in the river when the water came up and the house was listed as having been there a 100 years. Parents live on a hill near the river and it didn't impact them much at all. It wiped out the dam of the lake just down the road and were worried about flooding from the lake water. JFC it is only a 2500 acre lake. The governor came out in helicopter and they were talking like it was going to flood the entire parish lol, and the lake is from 4' to 10' at most in a few places. It's there for the state park.

Last edited:

explosiveMidget

Log Wizard
Call me the weatherman because I just looked outside and my forecast is it's mostly cloudy with a chance of rain, (I can tell because the clouds are much darker in colour than regular clouds)

Borzak

It needs to rain so the humidity would go down. Never had this humidity all day every day for a while this high, no rain. Lived most of my life in Louisiana and a few hours from Houston, TX so I know humidity. But no rain or wind, at 8am it was 97% humidity here. Kind of day you open the door to go outside and your glasses fog up instantly. Never seen it this bad.

Talked to an owner of a fab shop I do a lot of work for. The shop is off today due to the humidity, and they never just take a day off even last year when it was 105. Owner said even the lenses on the welding hoods were fogging up. Of course you run the A/C a lot in the house to get rid of the humidity, which also makes things cool so when things go outside like your glasses they fog. Fun fun.

• 1Solidarity

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Been super humid the last 2-3 days here in Florida, too. Feels like it's the end of June already. Highs are only in the 70's though.

It also hasn't rained in like a week and a half, and before that it'd been a long time.

Borzak

You know it's humid when it's too humid to smoke a cigar outside. 90% humidity at noon which is more humid than my freaking humidor and a cigar sweels and won't stay lit.

Borzak

Nebraska hit pretty hard and more still going on apparenty. Worst supercell outbreak in a decade is what I first read house ago. Just saw they had another bad one. Multiple tornados all day. They predict it for the area all next week now. At least hurricanes you get a warning you can run from normally.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Nebraska hit pretty hard and more still going on apparenty. Worst supercell outbreak in a decade is what I first read house ago. Just saw they had another bad one. Multiple tornados all day. They predict it for the area all next week now. At least hurricanes you get a warning you can run from normally.
I lived 4 miles from one that wiped out an entire neighborhood today. Lots of damage all over the place. Area where I lived got high winds but no twisters.

Tornadoes telegraph themselves. Although you won't know where they will pop up exactly, the conditions that spawn them form hours in advance. The last one, got warnings in the morning and they hit 4PM or thereabouts. Still, there were idiots driving and one guy was on a motorcycle, and people were letting kids play in the street.

If any of you want to have a genuine religious experience, ride through a few hours of tornadoes.

ms2o1ld78ywc1.jpg

Borzak

One of the tornados today in NE derailed two trains. We get small ones, but never anyting like they do in big tornado country. One touched down a few miles from my house once and took out several commercial chicken houses. Giant mess to clean up. I was out of town. Pretty big hit to the pocketbook. All the ones here are normally privately owned and they lease the production to Tyson or Sanderson farms and such. So the person that owns it is on the hook for the structure and contents till delivered.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
:trollface:

Anyway, here are some videos of yesterday's tornadoes:

A (mile+ wide?) tornado in Iowa:

Different view of the same one (probably). He gets rather close, at the end (he also chased 3 other "smaller" tornadoes, on his stream (link: 1:14:56 and 2:51:32):

No sound and all you can see is sheet metal/wood/shit flying around, but this camera rode out a tornado:
2024-04-27 06.00.06 www.youtube.com a81b8b952a00.png

Clips of various tornadoes from yesterday:

Last edited:
  • 1Mother of God