Weather

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Living in Athens Georgia. We got to see winter. Roads were fine Monday morning. We have a possible snow chance again for Friday. That is still to far out though and it could easily be rain by then.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
2.5" which transitioned to sleet for a couple hours and finished with heavy rain overnight that cleared the road and sidewalks. The sun obliterated any remaining traces this morning. Looked pretty yesterday and I didn't have to shovel on a holiday Monday so no complaints.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
2.5" which transitioned to sleet for a couple hours and finished with heavy rain overnight that cleared the road and sidewalks. The sun obliterated any remaining traces this morning. Looked pretty yesterday and I didn't have to shovel on a holiday Monday so no complaints.
my culdesac everyone has a pebble driveway so they just let the snow sit and wait for it to melt lulz, i don't mind not having to shovel snow

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
my culdesac everyone has a pebble driveway so they just let the snow sit and wait for it to melt lulz, i don't mind not having to shovel snow

Man, one of the houses I grew up in had a pebble driveway. I hated that like crazy. We got a lot of snow and had a snow blower. Picking rocks out of the yard was a yearly task each spring.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Rained all morning at about 38 degrees. Temp just plunged under freezing and now it's snow. Roads are going to suck as they ice up.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Rained here all morning and low of 22 tonight. Long enough break I'm pretty sure the roads will dry off from traffic by then. It stopped raining and 35F. Further north looks like it's going to be an ugly ice deal.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It was supposed to be clear all week. I walk outside to put out the garbage and... snow. Look at the app and now it says about 6 hours of snow. Fuckers.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
South Florida and I woke up to ice on my windshield this morning. Bitch I don't have a scrapper, fucking ice.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
South Florida and I woke up to ice on my windshield this morning. Bitch I don't have a scrapper, fucking ice.
doesnt your car's heater have a windshield setting? just turn your heater on and thaw the ice and windshield wiper do the trick. or just get wiper fluid in a sprray bottle and spritz some on and it will melt off.

florida people

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
doesnt your car's heater have a windshield setting? just turn your heater on and thaw the ice and windshield wiper do the trick. or just get wiper fluid in a sprray bottle and spritz some on and it will melt off.

florida people
Yes, to be fair to my bitching it only took like a minute for it to thaw enough for my wipers to be able to handle it. It's more the shock value of it happening in South Florida.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yes, to be fair to my bitching it only took like a minute for it to thaw enough for my wipers to be able to handle it. It's more the shock value of it happening in South Florida.
your shock is triggering Greta.
iu

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm

Know the feeling. 25 years ago went to Florida around spring break time for a professional thing. Near Ocala in the middle of nowhere. Anyway several people were hyped having never went to spring break to head down to the beach and check it out. It froze overnight and the orange growers were spraying all their crops in south FL with water so it would freeze and protect them overnight. Oh yeah let's go to the beach lol.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Know the feeling. 25 years ago went to Florida around spring break time for a professional thing. Near Ocala in the middle of nowhere. Anyway several people were hyped having never went to spring break to head down to the beach and check it out. It froze overnight and the orange growers were spraying all their crops in south FL with water so it would freeze and protect them overnight. Oh yeah let's go to the beach lol.
One thing I see in NY that always amazes me is seeing the ocean freeze. Its just... wrong. The Long Island Sound is protected by barrier islands so the ocean doesnt have much of any waves. Shit fucking freezes on top. I drive over it ever day and am amazed.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
On the coast / Off the coast find out next week on Forecasters Know Nothing On Snow
5SQBQ6HFIFBVNJ6QIQMVLSBTB4.PNG

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That is not what made me laugh. What had me doing a serious Picard in hand was the term "Bombgenesis" given to that system.

Really? Its a snow fall. Its happening on the North East sector of the US. The area gets Snow Fall during the winter every year. Its a normal occurrence. Sometimes it can be a Blizzard. I have yet to hear that word used this year. Instead, we get BOMBGENESIS. Its bad enough that weather forecasters can say there is a 50% chance for a weather event, and that is fine. I just wish they would use the same terminology that has always been used instead of trying to create super anxiety by using a Thesaurus and the latest buzz words of death.

Fucking bombgenesis.........

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That is not what made me laugh. What had me doing a serious Picard in hand was the term "Bombgenesis" given to that system.

Really? Its a snow fall. Its happening on the North East sector of the US. The area gets Snow Fall during the winter every year. Its a normal occurrence. Sometimes it can be a Blizzard. I have yet to hear that word used this year. Instead, we get BOMBGENESIS. Its bad enough that weather forecasters can say there is a 50% chance for a weather event, and that is fine. I just wish they would use the same terminology that has always been used instead of trying to create super anxiety by using a Thesaurus and the latest buzz words of death.

they need buzz words to keep people scared and tuned in to the media for the next dose of their fear narrative. back in the 80s or 90s we got weather forecasts with some predictions of snow and to plan accordingly. over time it became "stay at home! this is bad! you will die!" then they started naming snow. we had other words like snow hurricane , polar vortex and now its Bomb storms. all it means its gonna fucking snow tomorrow. be careful, its nothing different than what people have been dealing with for literally hundreds of thousands of years. up north, snow means its just another day of the week that ends in Y. i can just imagine how many people down south are reacting to the media every time snow is predicted.
iu

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They are telling us we are getting 12+ inches. Somewhere in Fl Folger is jelly he isn't in NY.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

They should use that term for peaceful protests. "Holy shit Alice, it's a Jogger-genesis. Lock the doors and windows".

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Down by me last storm - I got "storm of the century" or 4-8inches called for by most stations on a Tuesday - and come Saturday we have a literal dusting of snow.

These people are frauds and they should all be burned.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users