Web Serials

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Yeah the school arc is suffering but the recent patreon posting looks to imply action will be forthcoming in some capacity...and the author posted about cliffhangers

velk

Trakanon Raider
So - random thoughts on recent stuff:

New one from the Paranoid Mage author. Um, hard to describe - it's like the Zerg invade a fantasy litrpg setting, but the twist that the MC is actually the Zerg.

System Apocalypse that went a little off the rails, starting with the 'God' of the system getting vaporized by an orbital laser during his victory speech and ending with the system quarantining Earth and closing all the gates, but not before the MC sneaks through in a bio-engineered mech body, ready to embark on an extensive campaign of revenge.

Original and good fun.

And the award for most self-aware author on RR goes to this guy, with an author comment that went roughly like 'After getting a huge amount of 0.5 star reviews on getting to the top of rising stars, I read them all and I agree completely, the story is terrible, I have no idea why it is so popular. I have no advance chapters because I would be embarrassed to ask people to pay for it. I have made notes for improvements though !'

This story is bad. It is so ridiculous it is hard to tell if it is actually a parody or serious. It's fun though ? I don't know why.

This is really well written, but the update pace of one chapter every 5-6 weeks is just too slow, I spend the the first half of any given chapter trying to remember what the fuck was going on and who these people are. I'd wait for this one to be finished sometime in 2250 before reading it.

Super Supportive has picked up a lot, the school arc was kind of dragging, so it's a nice change of pace.

Ar'Kendrythist finished ! Was a pretty good ending too. Author has started a new super-hero/magic story which has one of the most fucked up settings for a superhero story outside of Worm. Still reading the 'origin' story for that - it is literally a full book.

From the Journey of Black and Red/Calamitous Bob author. Setting is, uh, cyberpunk/cultivation I guess ? Futuristic tech, with 'gleams' ( cultivators basically ) acting as first line of defense against a world mostly overrun by monsters. SWAT cop discovers that her lack of expected cultivation talents are because she's actually a disguised extra-dimensional invader ( technically spoilers, but I mean, look at the title and cover art ).

I enjoy this one quite a bit, but it is similar enough to author's other stories that if you like them you will probably like this, but if you don't like them, you are unlikely to like this one.

On the downside, Sashimi is probably my favorite 'character', which says a lot about how likeable the characters are in general ;p