Website Content management software

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
So in my current role I made my employer a sort of knowledge base website for all their training documentation. I just use an editor their IT team put in place (ckeditor I think) so it's not a handcoded by any means, but it has a lot of text and embedded videos. It's gotten pretty big over the months. About 150+ pages.

I've been using an Excel sheet to track all the pages, noting what needs to be updated, keeping track of video links I've embedded to each page. Just a way to track the current status of every page and what I need to add, or if something needs to be flagged for updates.

Is there software out there where I can easily track all my pages and make notes on what I need done with each page?

For example there was a small update that impacts a bunch of screenshots I need to replace on multiple pages. Right now I just go into my Excel tracker and highlight those pages in red, and maybe add a comment or "note" cell that details what needs to be changed. Then as I make the updates to each page I'll remove the red highlight, until the tracker is all "green" again.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So in my current role I made my employer a sort of knowledge base website for all their training documentation. I just use an editor their IT team put in place (ckeditor I think) so it's not a handcoded by any means, but it has a lot of text and embedded videos. It's gotten pretty big over the months. About 150+ pages.

I've been using an Excel sheet to track all the pages, noting what needs to be updated, keeping track of video links I've embedded to each page. Just a way to track the current status of every page and what I need to add, or if something needs to be flagged for updates.

Is there software out there where I can easily track all my pages and make notes on what I need done with each page?

For example there was a small update that impacts a bunch of screenshots I need to replace on multiple pages. Right now I just go into my Excel tracker and highlight those pages in red, and maybe add a comment or "note" cell that details what needs to be changed. Then as I make the updates to each page I'll remove the red highlight, until the tracker is all "green" again.
Maybe switch to a legit wiki?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

setup a wiki, wikidot is like 50bucks a month, more if you need more members, or loadup wordpress and use knowledgebase, thats just a 40$ plugin wiki.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Nope. Stuck with this ghetto site. It's one of those "make it work with what we gave you" deals.

If I had my way I'd be using JiveSoftware for this thing.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Then yeah I think your method is pretty good actually. If you used sharepoint you could do some scheduled emails maybe.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
There used to be a product called interwoven teamsite that was this weird flat file "CMS" that basically did exactly what you are asking. If it still exists it's probably expensive and non-trivial to set up. I did however develop a script way back in the day that would look for a "last updated" meta tag and would spit out a report of all the HTML pages that either didn't have the tag or the date was older than 6 months. Problem of course is that you have to remember to use the tag on every page or it doesn't help much.