Weekend Roadtrips

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
In an effort to hoard away my vacation time for bigger things, I'm wondering what kinda fun Fri-Sat-Sun roadtrips I can take stateside within this area. I put the radar at Detroit and Buffalo because those are my border crossin' points, both two hours from home Canadaside.

rrr_img_63713.jpg

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
You could go to Cedar Point or Put-in-Bay in Ohio. There really isn't much else worth seeing in the state. Both are in the same general area.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Cedar Point is fucking awesome. Definitely the best roller coaster park in the country. They waste no space or money on a kid's area. Only coasters. Leave the children at home.

The obvious city choice on the map is Chicago - which is great. Top notch city.

Not sure if you're a sports fan, but the Football and Baseball HoFs are within that radius too. Never been to Canton, but I have been to Cooperstown is it's a pretty cool old school baseball town in the middle of nowhere.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Good stuff
Good stuff

I'm also down for retarded roadside attractions. Any famous murder houses or World Largest _____ ?

Edit: Cedar Point vs Canada's Wonderland. I've only been to CW.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Ausible Chasm upstate NY
Lake George
I'd second cedar point as well
If you want to try an interesting steak go to the Bone in the Stone (hope its still open) near Niagra
Hershey park PA

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Its towards the southern part of ohio so it looks like its one of the further spots you want to go to, but if you want a relaxing getaway. The Hocking Hills area is nice, some caves and other cool shit to see or you know, you could just smoke out a remote ass cabin all weekend.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Hocking Hills is awesome. Also in Ohio, I always enjoyed going to Clifton Gorge. The waterfalls are nice and it's kind of crazy that you can find that kind of terrain in Ohio. It's also really close to Yellow Springs which is a cool hippy town (also atypical for Ohio plus Dave Chappelle lives there and is always hanging around) which has the wondrous Young's Dairy Farm for some ice cream. It's a good place to visit in the fall because they have a bomb corn maze. You can also canoe down the Little Miami River. I believe they have organized start and end spots.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For you and Mrs Adebisi I can recommend South Haven in Michigan. I don't know what there is for kids but Im sure something.

And then yeah, Chicago obviously.

Neph_sl

shitlord
New York City and Washington DC are just outside your green circles. Both are great for weekend trips and they have specific threads.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Just on the western edge, but outside, of your circle is Door County, Wisconsin. It's beautiful, and tons of sight-seeing. I believe there are 13 lighthouses on the peninsula.

Also... how did you make your little radar image?

nate_sl

shitlord
Cabrewing down the Little Miami... This hit me in the feels bros. Strongly recommended if you're in the Cincinnati area, can't say I would travel from Canada for it but it's a good time.