Weight Loss Thread

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good work bud! I've lost about 13lb in the same timeframe. Still pretty happy with my results!

At about 222lb and still have another 30 or so to go.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
had a brilliant idea today - use my empty garage as a gym. Picking up a bench and barbells tomorrow!

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I've dropped 12% body fat in just three weeks on keto!

kappa

But anyway I'm getting off keto cause I'm breaking out like crazy on it so yeah fuck that. Feel like I'm back in high school.

calla_sl

shitlord
i started keto a few days ago. i'm ending up with left over calories by the time i hit my macronutrient cap. do i suck it up? also with veggies, i know that the reddit site says eat a lot of green leafy types, but am i still suppose to be counting those towards my carb cap?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yes, all carbs count as carbs. You just subtract the fiber from the amount of carbs to get your "net carb" amount.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
You'll find most greens have anywhere from 50 to 75% of their carbs in fiber. Also, they're not calorically dense like starches and other foods so you could eat tons of it and most likely still be fine when it comes to net carbs.

My plan right now is to increase my carb intake with even more vegetables and especially fruits, but still try to keep it relatively low. There's no doubt keto works, even after only 3 weeks I can see a difference (though how of a difference would it be if I were in a high carb/low fat system I'm not sure).

But as I've voiced a couple times already, keto doesn't really seem to suit me mainly because I feel there's a dependency on dairy, which is what I believe has led to a rebirth of high school acne. It can also be a bit more expensive with attempting to get fattier cuts of meat, etc.

Khane

There's a dependency on dairy? You don't NEED to eat butter. And the only other dairy products without tons of sugar are heavy cream (who uses that?) and cheese (well cheese is delicious, I feel for you)

calla_sl

shitlord
definitely the downside is the cost factor. its easy and cheap to get high protein low carb foods, but high protein + fat is going to get expensive for me

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
There's a dependency on dairy? You don't NEED to eat butter. And the only other dairy products without tons of sugar are heavy cream (who uses that?) and cheese (well cheese is delicious, I feel for you)
Sour cream man. Although I guess a 20:3 ratio isn't the greatest but...

But honestly, it could have been constipation as well. All those toxins sitting inside me couldn't have been good. I'm going to up my greens intake and try to offset the immense amount of fat just clogging my butthole.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Sour cream man. Although I guess a 20:3 ratio isn't the greatest but...

But honestly, it could have been constipation as well. All those toxins sitting inside me couldn't have been good. I'm going to up my greens intake and try to offset the immense amount of fat just clogging my butthole.
First month or so on Keto really screws up your stool. The Acne thing is a real bummer, as it's pretty rare for Keto to make acne worse. Cutting dairy might help. Use coconut oil / nuts for fat sources and continue to rely on meat and vegetables until you're full.

But Keto isn't for everyone and if you don't want to continue that's cool.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
The results are great. Either way I'm going to stay low carb so I may just bounce in and out of ketosis honestly, or perhaps my body will adapt and a higher carb intake can be accounted for.

Who knows.

Khane

The best natural way to relieve the constipation that comes with ketosis is to eat a shitload of iceberg/romaine lettuce. You'll be poopin like a champ in no time.

And yeah, how could I forget about sour cream. I love sour cream.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yep, going to be eating basically over 500g of salad per day. I usually eat spring mix, which I figured since it's leafier it has more fiber. Am I wrong here?

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Leafier than fruit salad, sure. What's your measurement for "leafiness"?
I mean greener, darker forms of lettuce: Arugula, Baby Green Oak, Baby Green Romaine, Baby Red Oak, Red Baby Romaine, Baby Spinach, Fris?e, Green Chard, Green Tango, Lola Rosa, Mizuna, Red Leaf, Tat-Soi, Curly Endive, Green Leaf, Radicchio, Red Tango, Mache are all the variations listed.