Weight Loss Thread

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Adam12 told me I had to keep this name or he would put ricin in the stevia that my wife likes to use.

Noodleface is good

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I keep getting headaches that I think are linked to drinking too much water. I drink a fuckload of water, I don't measure it but I would imagine it is at least 6-8 liters per day on days when I work out. Reading up it seems that is well within normal realms (although twice the recommended) but a couple of places mentioned something about not drinking too fast, that drinking more than 8 oz in an hour can be ad and I sometimes drink much more than that in an hour. I am going to try cutting back and see what happens.
6-8 liters is a bit on the high side. Usually too much water is only a problem if your diet lacks sodium. If you really are just incredibly thirsty all the time one of the diabetes is a pretty common cause

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Well I really hope I don't have diabetes. I doubt it, I mostly drnk a lot to stay awake when working weird shifts or whatever. It only really happens if I drink a lot in a short period, I guess I will try not doing that. I've been drinking a lot of water since boot camp, it is just habit now. But the headache thing is relatively new.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I think the thought here is that if you drink a lot of water in a short time period your kidneys will have trouble keeping up. Whether or not that gives a person headaches I don't know. Not a doctor, but I have watched a lot of ER.

Other signs of diabetes would be blurry/loss of vision, tiredness, frequent urination, extreme hunger (mccheese), slow to heal cuts/bruises, and weight loss.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Outside of the sodium, if your kidneys can't handle all the extra fluid you end up with swelling in your ankles/calves and possibly into your lungs if it gets bad enough. That doesn't happen very often unless you're old or in very poor health.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I don't wear glasses, I don't think I need them either. I haven't had trouble seeing or anything, anyway.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I don't wear glasses, I don't think I need them either. I haven't had trouble seeing or anything, anyway.
When's the last time you saw an optometrist? Even if you don't have noticeable vision problems, there could be something going on with your eyeballs that is related to the headaches. Even if you don't wear glasses, it's a good idea to go see one every 3-5 years to get checked out.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I mostly drnk a lot to stay awake
Pretty sure you mentioned elsewhere you were working an early shift or a different one.

Maybe you're just tired?

You might notfeeltired, but if you're forcing yourself past the normal mechanism, then you just might be ignoring it.

It could be stress too, lord knows you've been aggressive on the forum lately.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
8 liters of water is a shit ton, that's more than 2 gallons in a single day. You don't even need to drink 1 gallon per day unless you're sweating heavily.

Not once has anyone ever died from dehydration during the Boston Marathon according to my google-fu. Several have died from over-hydration.

The New York Times Study Cautions Runners to Limit Their Water Intake

Those who drank 3 liters of water during the race (over the span of 4 hours)were found to have dangerously low sodium levels in their blood. You're potentially drinking twice that, every single day.

But the marathon runners were simply following what has long been the conventional advice given to athletes: Avoid dehydration at all costs.

"Drink ahead of your thirst," was the mantra.

Doctors and sports drink companies "made dehydration a medical illness that was to be feared," said Dr. Tim Noakes, a hyponatremia expert at the University of Cape Town.

"Everyone becomes dehydrated when they race," Dr. Noakes said. "But I have not found one death in an athlete from dehydration in a competitive race in the whole history of running. Not one. Not even a case of illness."

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Not every day, 8 liters was a pretty heavy day I would say. Typical is more like 4-6 probably. I may be overestimating, because I drink a lot of tea also and I was trying to include that in the total. That day that I posted that I do believe I drank about 8 liters, though. I have a 1 liter water bottle and I drank 4 of those at work, I drank about 1.5-2 liters of tea and then another 24ish oz of water in between school and the gym. Plus a little more right after workout, probably less than 8 oz.

But yeah I have decided to pretty much chill with the drinking fluids shit before I die from being too retarded to drink water right.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You're drinking a lot.. it's something you might want to bring up to a doctor. Even if you don't think you got the betes, it could be something else.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Even if you don't think you gotthe betes, it could be something else.
0.jpg

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
If I had diabetes I am sure I would have more symptoms than drinking a ton of water to stay awake at night. It is just a thing I picked up in boot camp back when they forced us to drink 10-12 canteens per day, it works, so I've done it ever since. I can't think of any other common thread with these headaches that I was getting so I thought it might be that. idk, I've backed off (drinking maybe 4-5 liters per day) and I haven't had any headaches since last week.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Can someone link a site with a good breakdown of what you can and cannot eat on the Keto diet, also looking for a site that has a lot of good quick recipes for work.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
8 liters of water is a shit ton, that's more than 2 gallons in a single day. You don't even need to drink 1 gallon per day unless you're sweating heavily.

Not once has anyone ever died from dehydration during the Boston Marathon according to my google-fu. Several have died from over-hydration.

The New York Times Study Cautions Runners to Limit Their Water Intake

Those who drank 3 liters of water during the race (over the span of 4 hours)were found to have dangerously low sodium levels in their blood. You're potentially drinking twice that, every single day.
To be fair, when you sweat you lose sodium so people running a marathon isn't a great example. You can actually see salt crystals on people who push themselves too hard running marathons and get low on sodium.

If you've been drinking that much for many years then it's probably not diabetes, or it's the slowest progressing diabetes ever