Weight Loss Thread

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
OK so I wanted to update my progression quick recap first in December of 2013 I weighed in 330lbs for all my life I've been wedging a war with my wright. I've spent countless amounts on diet plans I finally broke down in 2010 just said fuck it was depressing nothing seemed to work one night I saw a commercial for bow flex and I bought xtreme 2 se i spent about 1700 in total and for the first 3 month of 5 days a week workout schedule I was loosing weight and gaining energy feeling good about my self well not to long after that a month or two it was getting harder to find the motivation to keep working out and then a one week break suddenly became a monthird then a year and before I knew it my bow flex was a 1700 clothes hanger. Now that brings me to DEcember 2013 I was in the hospital visiting my grandfather and he had this amazing new bed that had a lot of built in features including the ability to weight you while you laid there. I hit the voice read out and I hear it say 330lbs.I couldn't believe it I became a 300lbs fatass but my body hid it well. I got back on diet I got back on the bow flex and I started to run which sucks monkey balls when your 300fucking pounds. My workouts started out slow 3 timed a week 20 minutes. Month 2 & 3 i started to do longer workouts i was up to 30 minutes. Monthes 4 & 5 i was upto 45 minutes to an hour. Mothes 6 + its 45 minutes + 4 days a week. As far as running goes i started out slow first i walked alot and for distance. I would walk an hour to the beach then home. I would try and key phrase here Is try to run around the block slowly but surely I made some progress finally I remember the night I was able to jog around the block fuck yeah.
My diet is simple no sugary drinks. Water only. Proton shake as meal replacement and after workout drink. 3 eggs per week no more. Lots of vegetables. No pastas no rice.90 calorie bread 12 grains 1 slice per day. 2 meals per day with 8 Oz peace of meat any kind. Very little to no seasoning. Spenich is your best friend but a box load for 3 bucks in any market and snack o handfulls in between meals. I like low fat yogurt as a snack. That's it.

Well here is the updated as of 7pm est I weight in @ 238 lbs am 8 lbs from 100 lbs lost. However my goal weight is 170lbs for my hight I think that is the weight for me(5'11) but I was so excited when I weight myself I only look at the scale once a month. Well thank you for reading and I hope this helps keep you going the lbs do come off.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
OK so I wanted to update my progression quick recap first in December of 2013 I weighed in 330lbs for all my life I've been wedging a war with my wright. I've spent countless amounts on diet plans I finally broke down in 2010 just said fuck it was depressing nothing seemed to work one night I saw a commercial for bow flex and I bought xtreme 2 se i spent about 1700 in total and for the first 3 month of 5 days a week workout schedule I was loosing weight and gaining energy feeling good about my self well not to long after that a month or two it was getting harder to find the motivation to keep working out and then a one week break suddenly became a monthird then a year and before I knew it my bow flex was a 1700 clothes hanger. Now that brings me to DEcember 2013 I was in the hospital visiting my grandfather and he had this amazing new bed that had a lot of built in features including the ability to weight you while you laid there. I hit the voice read out and I hear it say 330lbs.I couldn't believe it I became a 300lbs fatass but my body hid it well. I got back on diet I got back on the bow flex and I started to run which sucks monkey balls when your 300fucking pounds. My workouts started out slow 3 timed a week 20 minutes. Month 2 & 3 i started to do longer workouts i was up to 30 minutes. Monthes 4 & 5 i was upto 45 minutes to an hour. Mothes 6 + its 45 minutes + 4 days a week. As far as running goes i started out slow first i walked alot and for distance. I would walk an hour to the beach then home. I would try and key phrase here Is try to run around the block slowly but surely I made some progress finally I remember the night I was able to jog around the block fuck yeah.
My diet is simple no sugary drinks. Water only. Proton shake as meal replacement and after workout drink. 3 eggs per week no more. Lots of vegetables. No pastas no rice.90 calorie bread 12 grains 1 slice per day. 2 meals per day with 8 Oz peace of meat any kind. Very little to no seasoning. Spenich is your best friend but a box load for 3 bucks in any market and snack o handfulls in between meals. I like low fat yogurt as a snack. That's it.

Well here is the updated as of 7pm est I weight in @ 238 lbs am 8 lbs from 100 lbs lost. However my goal weight is 170lbs for my hight I think that is the weight for me(5'11) but I was so excited when I weight myself I only look at the scale once a month. Well thank you for reading and I hope this helps keep you going the lbs do come off.
That's fucking awesome man. I went from 210 -> 170 a few years back (also 5'11) and it's definitely doable, took me about a year and I was on a diet similar to what you describe so don't get discouraged if/when the weight starts coming off slower, you can get there!

Edit: Would also add that when I started running I found this programThe Couch-to-5K ® Running Plan | C25K Mobile Appand had amazing (for me) results with it. If you had asked me three years ago if I'd ever be able to run 3 miles I would've laughed at the idea.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
More on the "not all carbs are bad" topicLow-Fat vs. Low-Carb: The Winner is Neither | Civil Eats

"Whole, or minimally-processed carbohydrates-vegetables, whole fruit, beans, and whole grains-are very different than highly processed ones (think soda, donuts, instant mashed potatoes, white flour bagels, Pop-Tarts, and candy). Not only do the minimally processed carbohydrates offer more fiber (which in turn helps to keep blood sugar levels steady), they also offer vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, and antioxidants."

Ignoring fruit and vegetables because pizza and soda made you fat = MADNESS
The conclusion from the study:
Conclusion: The low-carbohydrate diet was more effective for weight loss and cardiovascular risk factor reduction than the low-fat diet. Restricting carbohydrate may be an option for persons seeking to lose weight and reduce cardiovascular risk factors.
For more information, here are the results of a video about a similar study (The A to Z study)

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider

Keep working at it! Motivation is hard... and fleeting... as you've fond out, healthy habits on the other hand are much easier to maintain. You don't take a break from eating, or sleeping, why take a break from exercise... if it's just "something you do no matter what" you'll continue doing it.

Anyway, Back down to 190. I figure most of my 10lbs gain was water weight from heavy amounts of carbs, I look a million times better at 190, I actually also have a goal of 170, but I'm only 5'8".

Bought a Basis Peak, I figure it should be good enough/equivilent to the iwatch... and then I'll probably switch to the iwatch 2 when that comes out. The iwatch doesn't seem to have any features that I'll miss out on the basis peak. I think the fact that I will only have to charge it once every 4-5 days will actually put it ahead of the iwatch since I'll still be able to do things like apple pay using my phone itself.

Only worn it for about 6 hours now, It told me I burned about 230 calories during 20 minutes of sex though, so I guess that's a good thing.. (It's estimating my resting calorie burn at around 2/minute while I'm driving and 1.3/minute relaxed in bed).

Funny how I thought google glass would be the first wearable technology to be introduced... I'm just hoping the smartphone-like notifications of the peak are intuitive/easy to read when it's introduced later this month...I'm pretty happy as it is, seems to give pretty good heart rate monitoring for a wrist device now that I have it adjusted (tight around my wrist and a little higher up than I used to wear a watch). I think that will "most likely" be the biggest thing improved upon/fiddled with on the iwatch after this first generation, the device is only as good as the people using it, and people are going to complain if they can't wear their watch where THEY want to wear it and still get full functionality from it. I almost went with the microsoft fitness band, but most reviewers seemed to not like the microsoft device.

Funny how regulations always lag behind technology, cell phones at my work are banned from being turned on... but soon people will be wearing watches with almost as much technology packed into them... Are they going to ban watches next? They banned anything that could play videos/movies too actually, kindle readers are allowed, but not kindle fire devices, it's a definite regulation grey area, are they really going to ban certain types of wearable computing when theoretically some day your watch could save your life if they can begin to detect a heart attack in progress... Why require yearly ekgs if soon every single person will be essentially broadcasting it full-time.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
congrats on not reading the article Himeo, you moron.
I read the article. In it, he referenced a study to support his agenda. I merely quoted the conclusion of the study HE used. Here it is again, in case you missed it:

Conclusion: The low-carbohydrate diet was more effective for weight loss and cardiovascular risk factor reduction than the low-fat diet. Restricting carbohydrate may be an option for persons seeking to lose weight and reduce cardiovascular risk factors.
As for the agenda of the person who wrote the article:

Andy Bellatti, MS, RD is a Las Vegas-based nutritionist with aplant-centric and whole-food focuswho takes an interest in food politics, deceptive food marketing, sustainability, andsocial justice.
Well, shit. Who would've guessed?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
if you really think fruit and veg have the same effect on body composition as soda and dominoes, you're a moron.

Lustig put it best when he said: "What Bazzano et al. should have studied was real food versus processed food."

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
if you really think fruit and veg have the same effect on body composition as soda and dominoes, you're a moron.

Lustig put it best when he said: "What Bazzano et al. should have studied was real food versus processed food."
Vegetables are great! I eat spinach every day even though it has carbs.

Fruit isn't healthy. Fruit is natural candy. If your goal is weight loss, fruits that spike blood sugar are just as bad as soda and Dominoes.

Khane

Got something right about marriage

Fruit isn't healthy. Fruit is natural candy. If your goal is weight loss, fruits that spike blood sugar are just as bad as soda and Dominoes.
Have you ever actually read up on that? Just because you shouldn't eat most fruit while trying to stay in ketosis in the true ketogenic phases of a low carb diet doesn't mean it's unhealthy.

Certain fruits have very little nutritional value. Watermelon for instance. Other fruits are delicious, healthful and nutritious, like berries and avocado. You need to actually read past the first chapter of whatever manifesto you've dedicated the rest of your life to.

It's actually a little frightening how easily indoctrinated you are.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Lol, if body composition is the goal - achieved via calorie and macro tracking, most people won't even bother tracking green veg because its effects on body composition are minimal.

I'm talking about sweet potato, carrots, peppers etc

And no - fruit is not even close to soda or dominoes. The fruit has fiber, soda and dominoes have none. Either you're trolling now, or you aren't as informed as you think you are

Daelos

Guarding the guardians
Himeo is correct. That's why seamen have stocked up on soda and sugar to fight scurvy, for hundreds of years.

(/sarcasm)

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Himeo fits the cliche of the morbidly obese sub-standard IQ retard so perfectly.

rrr_img_83984.jpg

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I may be dumb, but I'm not fat anymore!
You're a good sport man. People are teasing you because candy is nutritionally void, while most fruits are pretty goddamn good for you (many micronutrients that most Americans are deficient in), and the fiber in them tends to curb any chance of over-eating. I mean, I could smash 1200 calories of donuts in like 3 minutes flat and STILL be hungry, but have you ever seen anyone eat 1200 calories of apples? That'd be like, 10 large apples. The minimal chance to over-eat alone is why calling them "nature's candy" is retarded.

Obviously, if you're on some ridiculous 1600c/day cut then you need to be pretty careful with where you partition out your calories if you don't want to feel hungry 24/7... but EVEN on a hard cut I suspect 200 calories of fruit is a good thing.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I still think he's a moron.

The relationship between carbs/fiber is well documented amongst the keto community, and knowing to subtract the amount of fiber from the amount of carbs to get a net total carb amount was keto 101, or at least so I thought?

"Foods that are low in Net Carbs are foods like nutrient-dense vegetables and fruits that don't have a significant impact on blood sugar and therefore don't cause you to gain weight. Sometimes we call these foods "good carbs."http://www.atkins.com/Science/Articl...--%281%29.aspx

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Keto 101 is actually to stay away from most fruits because of the sugar content, but he's hinging every single belief of his on that one principle of staying in ketosis, when he doesn't need to stay in ketosis.