Weight Loss Thread

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I get that some people struggle with weight and I can't completely relate to that because I've always naturally been thin. But I do keep myself in shape and make sure now that I'm at my 30's not to let myself be fine with putting on some excess fat. To me there are only two things to worry about: Eat right, exercise. If you do the two and you are still gaining weight: Eat better, exercise more. There isn't some magical formula or silver bullet. You can't apply an MMORPG spreadsheet of min/max to the problem. I find what you consider eating right to be a personal choice. Eat what you enjoy but opt for the healthier options. If someone tells you to eat Kale with Lemon juice ontop of that because it works for them thats great. If you hate Kale and Lemon find something else you do enjoy that is healthy. Similarly if someone just is in love with doing squats at the gym but you find it tedious and boring do some other workout for your legs. If you hate going to the gym then buy a dog and he'll force you to walk him. If you hate all of this then accept being a fat lazy fucker and don't whine. I just don't find it very complicated.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I don't think anyone here would argue that it's "complicated." However, it is certainly difficult for many people, which is not at all the same thing.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I don't think anyone here would argue that it's "complicated." However, it is certainly difficult for many people, which is not at all the same thing.
I don't really belong in this thread but I can agree that lifestyle shifts are pretty difficult but not all that complicated.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Keto 101 is actually to stay away from most fruits because of the sugar content, but he's hinging every single belief of his on that one principle of staying in ketosis, when he doesn't need to stay in ketosis.
one banana isn't gonna kick anyone out of ketosis

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
So a while ago we were talking about idiot personal trainers and today at the gym, some trainer was having a guy do cable pull exercises in the squat rack. There are only two full squat racks at the gym and the cable machines were open. My jimmies are rustled.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
one banana isn't gonna kick anyone out of ketosis
Actually, one banana can kick someone out of ketosis. Especially if they are a completely sedentary lardass. The risk is real. So why risk it? Fat people aren't known for their undeniable lust for fruit anyway.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I love me some fruit juice in the morning, sometimes I'd order a large McDonald's orange juice on top of a breakfast meal, pretty sure that's 32 ounces of sugary deliciousness. Google tells me 57 carbs, 250 calories.

Progress is so slow, I love food, restricting what I eat and how much I eat is very difficult for me psychologically. But I do it, because I'm more addicted to sex than I am food. And the best way to get more of the former is less of the latter.

That said, my sex drive really goes away when I'm purposefully cutting my calories. It really kills me drive/motivation as compared to when I'm just eating whatever comes naturally to me (a calorie surplus). Maybe I'm cutting too much, but my progres is slow, which tells me I'm not... Just wish I could get to a level where I could be happy to maintain sooner.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I love me some fruit juice in the morning, sometimes I'd order a large McDonald's orange juice on top of a breakfast meal, pretty sure that's 32 ounces of sugary deliciousness. Google tells me 57 carbs, 250 calories.

Progress is so slow, I love food, restricting what I eat and how much I eat is very difficult for me psychologically. But I do it, because I'm more addicted to sex than I am food. And the best way to get more of the former is less of the latter.

That said, my sex drive really goes away when I'm purposefully cutting my calories. It really kills me drive/motivation as compared to when I'm just eating whatever comes naturally to me (a calorie surplus). Maybe I'm cutting too much, but my progres is slow, which tells me I'm not... Just wish I could get to a level where I could be happy to maintain sooner.
Maybe not getting enough fats in your diet? #coconutoil

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I realize this thread is more for you younger working out guys, but I was wondering if anyone has used a pre-made meal plan such as Nutrisystem, Jenny Craig, BistroMD, etc?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I realize this thread is more for you younger working out guys, but I was wondering if anyone has used a pre-made meal plan such as Nutrisystem, Jenny Craig, BistroMD, etc?
Follow @thebodycoach on instagram for meal ideas and diet advice

McCheese

I don't know much about those plans, but aren't most of those basically just frozen foods? I can't imagine those would be very healthy in general (i.e., lots of sodium, preservatives, etc.). Also, I never found those little portions they allow you very filling. I think anyone would be better of spending 2 or 3 hours on Sunday and cooking/freezing a bunch of meals for the week at home from scratch. Probably cheaper, too.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I don't know much about those plans, but aren't most of those basically just frozen foods? I can't imagine those would be very healthy in general (i.e., lots of sodium, preservatives, etc.). Also, I never found those little portions they allow you very filling. I think anyone would be better of spending 2 or 3 hours on Sunday and cooking/freezing a bunch of meals for the week at home from scratch. Probably cheaper, too.
Yeah, I'm worried about the sodium content, and as of right now I haven't really dug into their nutrition info for sodium and carbs. I think you are probably correct about making my own pre-made meals.

matsb84

Silver Knight of the Realm
Skip em, they're trash. They aren't healthy and they aren't sustainable. You're better off spending your time/money learning to cook/prepare your own meals.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I spend about an hour every Sunday making my lunches for the week, just learn four to five different recipes that still taste good when microwaved and rotate week to week so you don't get burnt out.

As others said, I'd worry about the pre packaged crap with loads of sodium for a snack.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My microwaving skills kill me when it comes to reheating healthy food. We need a thread on this.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
My latest recipe has been refried black beans, Spanish rice, yellow peppers, onion and chorizo. Super simple to make and just bring some tostadas and you are set.

McCheese

I don't own a microwave so I'm forced to cook on-demand. My two standard weekday meals are:

1.3 pounds of ground turkey, salt, pepper, 2 whole onions diced, all cooked with a bit of olive oil in a pan or
2 chicken breasts boiled, salted/peppered after

I've found the best success for me in controlling appetite is to basically eat one giant meal a day. I generally will have a banana or orange when I wake up, then not eat again until 9 or 10pm when I cook one of the above meals.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Boiled chicken breast... I'm sad. You've saddened me so early in the morning.