Weight Loss Thread

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Lol at ice cream as a (daily, I inferred) bed time snack. Even I don't do that. Soda + ice cream daily is massive amount of calories removed from your diet, so it's not a big surprise that you've dropped that much. The fact that you've fallen off the wagon a few times but still managed to more-or-less maintain it is a good sign that it's more of a lifestyle change than a temporary diet adjustment.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Lol at ice cream as a (daily, I inferred) bed time snack. Even I don't do that. Soda + ice cream daily is massive amount of calories removed from your diet, so it's not a big surprise that you've dropped that much. The fact that you've fallen off the wagon a few times but still managed to more-or-less maintain it is a good sign that it's more of a lifestyle change than a temporary diet adjustment.
Man that's a supersized burn. Even McCheese DOESN'T DO THAT.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
First of all, no way in hell I'm taking shit from a guy with the outrageous claims the likes of you!

It was daily for a long time though, you're right. It was for my wife too, but she was more dedicated in exercising plus she works a physical job and kept it off. Also, diabetic - so that is a strike against me.

For the soda I only drank diet soda, so while there weren't the calories the insulin spikes were very bad for me.

Definitely more of a lifestyle change that's for sure. That doesn't stop me from eating pizza once a week or hitting up Wendy's when I "forget" my lunch though.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Fast food isn't inherently bad in and of itself, ie: soft taco fresco is just grilled chicken, pico de gallo, tortilla.

A jr roast beef is like 200 calories, 2 of them make a relatively cheap and not "terrible" meal.

A mc double is a relatively cheap way to get good amounts of both protein and fat.

The biggest problem is that most people can't stop there. They add in a frosty or mcflurry, or some curly fries because curly fries are delicious(let's not mention Apple turnovers). Or Baja blast mt dew... because lime.

Source: I do each of those things. I try not to as much.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
For the soda I only drank diet soda, so while there weren't the calories the insulin spikes were very bad for me.
If you're drinking the diet soda with food, you're probably not getting a spike. IIRC, it's the sweetness on the tongue that causes the body to release insulin to digest the sugars its not actually getting. But they will be in the food, so not really a big deal.

Diet soda by itself might be a bad idea, but in the bigger scheme, it's probably quite small compared to weight and actual sugar intake.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Well, with the diet soda I usually didn't drink it with food. If I was playing a game or watching tv I'd always have one in front of me. Also I don't like feeling caffeine dependent, which you know is the case when you don't drink soda for a day and you feel like your head is going to explode.

I occasionally enjoy a no-sugar Monster if I'm really tired in the morning as I hate coffee, but otherwise soda free. Definitely not drinking that shit for the taste.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Just get some uppers. Or some meth. No sugar intake or nasty taste.

I can't say I've ever experienced the caffeine withdrawal problems. I mean, I get headaches maybe once every 5 years, so that might be it. But if I don't have my caffeine in the morning, I just yawn more, so whatever.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
tldr; crushed a 315x2 deadlift at the end of a workout. contemplating buying liquid chalk.

Today was my deadlift day; did easy squats, 4 sets of 135/165/205/205 then OHP then deads. Deads were 165/205/245/285 x5 I decided to try a 3 plate pull after all of that because I never have before and it was easy. Grip is the biggest issue I'm having but I'm still pulling overhand with no belt so I have definite "room" for aids. I don't see anyone pulling 315 beltless over hand in my gym so I feel like I hit a milestone, even though I know a 1.5x bw deadlift isn't anything cool.

BruuceWarduck_sl

shitlord
My DL grip sucks dicks too. I bought a hand gripper like a year ago and kept it at work but that lasted like a month. I used to do a little 1 second deload between every rep and my grip was always first to go so now I just let them bounce like everyone else and am actually seeing some progress but am still only pulling 255 "comfortably". My OHP sucks even worse. I should prob see what Im doing wrong but I always forget

Still eating like a fucking faggot. Lost 5lbs this month. Feel like I cant lift shit. afk cutting
Gained 12 lbs since this post oops

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I did some research on hand grippers and stumbled across some stuff saying they can be bad for you, something about the tendons and ligaments in the hands not prepared to deal with that constant stimulus. Decided against it.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
More and more beers are popping up with calorie contents on them and I don't like it. Last night I drank 600 calories, abs are over rated.

Lohk_sl

shitlord
A bit of a rant.

I've been on a weight loss journey for about a year. I'm 5'10, starting weight 225, down to 176, have a bit to go but making progress so yay.

Today was our office's annual Christmas pot luck. I chose not to go because the food in Oklahoma, especially ones brought to a pot luck, is all pretty much fucking awful for you. So, instead, I decided to go home and eat like I usually do. When I got back, I was pulled aside from my boss and was told that, "If hisdiet is preventing him from work activities, he wouldn't be on it." I told him my weight loss and my health is a serious aspect of my life and I don't want to set myself back.

This attracted more people where I was berated stories about how their so-and-so ate too much protein and now has liver damage. Or their blah-blah tore his blah-blah and now he can't walk or some shit. One person even told me it's not worth it to exercise because of all the health risks involved.

Keep in mind that this an office of fat-fucks who are all at least 50lbs over weight. My boss, at least 150lbs over.

Jesus fuck, do I hate this office with a passion. Keeping diet under control during holidays is rough enough, but to then get browbeaten for being healthy just makes me want to eat a dozen donuts and lay in bed all weekend.

Thanks for reading <3 I love this thread.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
tldr; crushed a 315x2 deadlift at the end of a workout. contemplating buying liquid chalk.

Today was my deadlift day; did easy squats, 4 sets of 135/165/205/205 then OHP then deads. Deads were 165/205/245/285 x5 I decided to try a 3 plate pull after all of that because I never have before and it was easy. Grip is the biggest issue I'm having but I'm still pulling overhand with no belt so I have definite "room" for aids. I don't see anyone pulling 315 beltless over hand in my gym so I feel like I hit a milestone, even though I know a 1.5x bw deadlift isn't anything cool.
Sigh, my friend pulled 435 double overhand the other day with me.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
My DL grip sucks dicks too. I bought a hand gripper like a year ago and kept it at work but that lasted like a month. I used to do a little 1 second deload between every rep and my grip was always first to go so now I just let them bounce like everyone else and am actually seeing some progress but am still only pulling 255 "comfortably". My OHP sucks even worse. I should prob see what Im doing wrong but I always forget

Gained 12 lbs since this post oops
Bouncing will cause you to stall at the bottom of your lift. Reset every time. Don't be a bitch.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
You would love /r/fatlogic.
I hate taking to the people in the office, all of them are over weight and pull the "I only eat 800 calories a day bit still gain weight " bullshit. Some customer dropped off a party tray of cookies, between maybe six people it was gone in two days.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
A bit of a rant.

I've been on a weight loss journey for about a year. I'm 5'10, starting weight 225, down to 176, have a bit to go but making progress so yay.

Today was our office's annual Christmas pot luck. I chose not to go because the food in Oklahoma, especially ones brought to a pot luck, is all pretty much fucking awful for you. So, instead, I decided to go home and eat like I usually do. When I got back, I was pulled aside from my boss and was told that, "If hisdiet is preventing him from work activities, he wouldn't be on it." I told him my weight loss and my health is a serious aspect of my life and I don't want to set myself back.

This attracted more people where I was berated stories about how their so-and-so ate too much protein and now has liver damage. Or their blah-blah tore his blah-blah and now he can't walk or some shit. One person even told me it's not worth it to exercise because of all the health risks involved.

Keep in mind that this an office of fat-fucks who are all at least 50lbs over weight. My boss, at least 150lbs over.

Jesus fuck, do I hate this office with a passion. Keeping diet under control during holidays is rough enough, but to then get browbeaten for being healthy just makes me want to eat a dozen donuts and lay in bed all weekend.

Thanks for reading <3 I love this thread.
Threaten to sue for harassment. That'll shut the fat fucks up.