Kuriin

Just a Nurse
yDbvjU9.gif

18f572e51937078938363abe465427d1.gif

xgHnX.gif

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
rrr_img_88049.jpg
2 weeks of IF, small progress. Pretty happy with my body except my gut, just going to try staying super strong and dedicated to this for a while. Picture was taken at night, I do look a little leaner in the morning, but not enough to make a giant difference.

BruuceWarduck_sl

shitlord
Down 10lbs since dec 28th. 20 more to go. I gave myself till may 1st to lose 30. If I get there early Im probo gonna maintenance around 150-155 and learn how to do pullups.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Nailed a 315 squat for a triple today. PR. I know my depth was solid too but the last one was a grinder on the way up. Whatever -- still feels good. I don't see many guys in my gym working with 3 plate+ squats and half of the ones that do are filthy half-reppers.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
The internet doesn't believe you. Let's have a competition!!!!
I claimed a 1.5x body weight squat after 8 months of work, you claimed a 2x body weight bench press after a year of work and losing 100lbs of body weight. That's top .01 percentile shit man.

I know you're just kidding (about the competition) -- and honestly maybe I'm just a little salty given how shitty my bench press is. I'm 30 and have never bench pressed seriously in my life until now and its annoying watching people way younger than me put up two plates when I'm still at least a few months away from that, lol.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nailed a 315 squat for a triple today. PR. I know my depth was solid too but the last one was a grinder on the way up. Whatever -- still feels good. I don't see many guys in my gym working with 3 plate+ squats and half of the ones that do are filthy half-reppers.
Did you bleed through your nose? It wasn't a true grinder if you didn't!

But a 315 squat is very nice. I just reached the 1/2/3/4 goal myself with a 405 pull on Friday night. 1000 pound club is very close.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Grats man -- I'm a while away from that. I think 5 years in the USMC gave me a headstart for lower body, and obviously the beginner routines (SS, SL) hit it hard too. I'm still about 2 months away from a 2 plate bench though. Super concerned about shoulder injury so taking it very slow.

I pulled 325x5 last Wednesday, starting to hit the point where it feels better to switch to mixed grip for my top set, otherwise I have to wait too long in between reps to let me hands prepare themselves. Still have a lot of newb gains to go on the DL.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I have an irrational issue with any accessories right now -- there are far too many men in my gym belting up for a 1 plate squat or strapping up for the 225lb dead. My attitude has been a: I'll go belt/strapless for as long as I feel like its working, then I'll look into it. I get the impression some people treat it as a crutch; I'd rather it be an option for me when I start closing in on a 4 plate squat/pull, rather than get used to it now.

If that makes sense.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The belt/strap crutch thing is really only an issue if you just care about the numbers.

I prefer the added safety, even if it feels like it pads my numbers a bit.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yesterday was my leg day. Looked like this : 4 set of 25 squats. 4 sets of 10 leg press. Loaded lunges. 25 box jumps.

I have a hard time sitting and getting up today. I think having the box jumps at the end was a mistake. Requires too much power for ending the workout. Gf nearly tripped / face plant on the jumps at the end.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have an irrational issue with any accessories right now -- there are far too many men in my gym belting up for a 1 plate squat or strapping up for the 225lb dead. My attitude has been a: I'll go belt/strapless for as long as I feel like its working, then I'll look into it. I get the impression some people treat it as a crutch; I'd rather it be an option for me when I start closing in on a 4 plate squat/pull, rather than get used to it now.

If that makes sense.
Just strap up dude. You're going to hurt yourself because you perceive others are judging you? Are you fucking kidding me? And yes, a mixed grip puts you at a much higher risk for injury than a double overhand. It also creates imbalances. Deadlift isn't a forearm exercise, do fucking farmer's walks if you want to at the end to make up for it.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yesterday was my leg day. Looked like this : 4 set of 25 squats. 4 sets of 10 leg press. Loaded lunges. 25 box jumps.

I have a hard time sitting and getting up today. I think having the box jumps at the end was a mistake. Requires too much power for ending the workout. Gf nearly tripped / face plant on the jumps at the end.
What kind of weight are you squatting 4x25? And why? Lol.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
When I hear 25 squats I think of some strange Crossfit exercise, but the mere fact that his post didn't mention Crossfit 37 times leads me to believe otherwise.