Weight Loss Thread

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
That's genetics at work. I could curl all day every day and not bench and my chest would still be big. It always has been

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
What difference does the absolute body fat % number make? So you're at 8% or 12% or 15% or whatever, grats. All that matters is how you think you look, if you're happy with it, great. Arguing over the internet about our body fat numbers which vary wildly depending on the measurement method anyway is just stupid.
You're right, it is just a number. Anyone who thinks the number applicable to me is 15% probably got dropped on their head too much as a baby

Its not really hate for being thin, he just seems to have kinda disproportionate arms.

Ossoi, do you do primarily arm/shoulder workouts or a lot of isolation exercises? Or primarily bench/incline/military and pull-ups/rows/etc and your chest just does what it does?
What do you think is more likely:

a) I only do arm/shoulder workouts
b) I took that pic with the pump after an arm or shoulder workout

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
You're definitely around 10% based on the second picture. You do lack mass, however.

But who cares.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I since my wife started having kids over the past 2 years I have gotten fat as fuck and it is time to seriously drop some of the weight. I am using lose it again but n in the past I have mostly used it to bulk and was wondering if anyone knows what nutrient breakdown I should be aiming for to lose fat most efficiently.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
So I since my wife started having kids over the past 2 years I have gotten fat as fuck and it is time to seriously drop some of the weight. I am using lose it again but n in the past I have mostly used it to bulk and was wondering if anyone knows what nutrient breakdown I should be aiming for to lose fat most efficiently.
less carbs and limit calories

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
High fat low carb high protein if you're lifting. No need to go full keto but I'd say 10-15% of calories from carbs max.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Down 40 so far, 10-20 more to go to get to my fighting weight and ready for this summers beeches, bitches.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
What about fat intake ?
Calorie Calculator - Scoobys Home Workouts

This will get you in the ball-park. Logeverythingin MFP. Weigh yourself every morning after your first piss, and adjust calories as necessary to continue a 1-2lb / week loss. Calculators just get you in the right area; you need to take actual readings of both intake (by a food log) and result (body weight) to calibrate properly.

Some people don't need this stuff; they just "eat a little less" and get results. Some people need to log meticulously. Only you know which type you are.

edit: When it comes to weight loss, calories are the most important aspect. Watching macros can be helpful, but quite frankly, if you eat healthy and nutritious meals then you'll likely have no problem with macros... if you don't know what that is then post some example daily logs. If you eat like a dickhead, then yes, results will suffer and you'll have gaping holes in your macros.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I think weighing yourself every morning is a surefire way to make yourself crazy. Weight fluctuates every day just based on if you drank a lot of water and ate a lot of salt the day before. You could be down one day and up the next even if you're sticking to your routine hardcore. I wouldn't recommend weighing yourself more than once a week.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Down 40 so far, 10-20 more to go to get to my fighting weight and ready for this summers beeches, bitches.
You don't need to wait till summer to hit the beeches. In fact, it's probably easier in the fall when the leaves won't get in your way.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think weighing yourself every morning is a surefire way to make yourself crazy. Weight fluctuates every day just based on if you drank a lot of water and ate a lot of salt the day before. You could be down one day and up the next even if you're sticking to your routine hardcore. I wouldn't recommend weighing yourself more than once a week.
This is why you look for trends, not freak out over the exact number. You weigh yourself every morning for two weeks and if the number isn't trending the way you want, you adjust.

This is a much better system than the "weigh yourself once a week" bullshit.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
This is why you look for trends, not freak out over the exact number. You weigh yourself every morning for two weeks and if the number isn't trending the way you want, you adjust.

Yea, I thought that was implied.

Khane

Got something right about marriage

How is that better since you can see the same trends either way?