Weight Loss Thread

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Out of sight, out of mind really is applicable to food. I used to constantly be grabbing oreos and cookies when they were around. I have no willpower, I've come to accept this.

That's why there's literally nothing "unhealthy" in my house. Obviously I'm being very black and white here, but if you want to eliminate processed bullshit from your diet, remove it from your shopping list.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Out of sight, out of mind really is applicable to food. I used to constantly be grabbing oreos and cookies when they were around. I have no willpower, I've come to accept this.

That's why there's literally nothing "unhealthy" in my house. Obviously I'm being very black and white here, but if you want to eliminate processed bullshit from your diet, remove it from your shopping list.
Yes, I don't buy any treats or anything like that. The simple reason is I just can't trust myself to have those things in the house.

I discovered a recipe for "protein bombs" a few weeks ago - coconut oil, natural nut butter, honey, oats, vanilla essence and whey protein - all natural ingredients. I made a batch and took into work. Then I made some more with different types of nut butter. This coincided with the end of the reddit transformation competition and after a few batches of making the "bombs", I had graduated to making the mix and just eating it straight out of the jug - did this for about 5 days straight. Eventually I had to physically throw out the remaining jars of nut butter to stop me making the mix. I was also occasionally taking a tsp of nut butter straight out the jar but this would easily become 2 tsp, 3tsp and oh look the whole jar is gone.

By the time I got to my senses my weight had gone from 73kg to 75kg.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
I think weighing yourself every morning is a surefire way to make yourself crazy. Weight fluctuates every day just based on if you drank a lot of water and ate a lot of salt the day before. You could be down one day and up the next even if you're sticking to your routine hardcore. I wouldn't recommend weighing yourself more than once a week.
Weighing in more than once a week kicked in my gamer min/max habits and I found it counterproductive. I cut back to weigh-ins on pay days (I get paid twice a month) and that works fine.

Something can be simple while still being extremely hard. Losing weight (for someone who has been very fat most/all of their lives) is simple but it can also be hard.

You know you shouldn't eat the bag of pizza rolls. You don't want to eat the bag of pizza rolls. You'll regret eating the bag of pizza rolls. But somehow you end up eating the bag of pizza rolls.
The hardest part is getting started. Once you're over the six week to two month hump, it's as easy as eating the way you're eating now. At least, that was my experience.

Then again, I tried and failed on a lot of diets before keto finally stuck. In the last two years, I've had one cheat day. That sounds hard, but it really wasn't after the momentum took over.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The hardest part is getting started. Once you're over the six week to two month hump, it's as easy as eating the way you're eating now. At least, that was my experience.

Then again, I tried and failed on a lot of diets before keto finally stuck. In the last two years, I've had one cheat day. That sounds hard, but it really wasn't after the momentum took over.
This has been my experience too. Hard as hell to start, but once youre there it gets easier and easier. Your body just gets used to you eating less and more healthy shit. But its also easy to slip back to old habits too so you constantly have to be vigilant, it truly is a lifestyle change.

Ive never been overly fat, about 260 is my tops, but that still puts me into the obese category 30%+ body fat considering my height, 6'2" and age, 42. Im not addicted to food, but I fucking love food. I think about it all the time, I think about what to buy how to prepare it...I love most of the foreign cuisines, lately my kick has been Indian. I think about all the good restaurants and shit, plus food comforts me. So yeah, maybe I am addicted to it. throughout my life weight has been a challenge for me. I get fat, then get lean again and its a constant vicious cycle. Hopefully this time it sticks.

But today I weighed in this morning and im down to 215. Fucking proud of that shit. I still want to get down to like 190-200. I think that would be good.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
This has been my experience too. Hard as hell to start, but once youre there it gets easier and easier. Your body just gets used to you eating less and more healthy shit. But its also easy to slip back to old habits too so you constantly have to be vigilant, it truly is a lifestyle change.
I think a lot of people don't realize how much they are over eating. I know I didn't before I started a lifestyle change and I was eating out constantly. Looking back now I was probably eating ~2500 calories a day, before I even started working out and "dieting" I restricted my diet for about 3-4 months where I probably ate ~2200 calories a day, still overeating, but looking back now I think that period before starting my lifestyle change where I just dialed it back a bit really helped. I think a problem for people who "diet" is they go from eating ~2400 calories a day to trying to restrict themselves to ~1600 and to cut that much out overnight is likely going to lead you to not sticking with it.

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
I saw my abs last night in the bathroom mirror if I turn just right and get the proper shading. I am now motivated as fuck to get them to pop normally. I'm 6'2 182lbs.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nice, one day I might have visible abs, but at 5'9" 180, I would have to gain about 5 inches apparently
wink.png

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Im officially down 50lbs now. 210 down from 260 in the spring. Being 6'2" myself I would like to be down in the 180-190 range so I still have a ways to go. Shit is definitely slowing down now but still trending down.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I saw my abs last night in the bathroom mirror if I turn just right and get the proper shading. I am now motivated as fuck to get them to pop normally. I'm 6'2 182lbs.
Jesus christ. I'm 6'0 and like 202 at the moment and my abs are showing. I couldn't imagine being that thin. Are you very narrow?

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Lot of genetics involved with abs. It's substantially easier for some people who can have them visible starting at higher bf than others who need to be well under 10%. Works just like any other muscle group that some people have bigger or smaller abs naturally as well. At least that's my excuse.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Genetics is the reason I can't see my abs. Beer and cheeseburgers make me gain weight faster than anyone else I know.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Swim trunks with cargo pockets. For when you want to skip leg day.

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Time to hit them weights mo fucka. Solid frame.
Haha yea. I've only been working out about a year, and no bulking yet. I've lost a lot of fat and gotten more defined and stronger, but I know I'll have to bulk to make any real gains. So far I've been happy just getting leaner.