Weight Loss Thread

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I do kind of have bitch tits. Need to work on my chest.

XQC74Xe.jpg
If you had said 210 lbs at 6' at 15% bodyfat, that's about what I would have pictured. lbs and height are much harder to visualize but when combined with bodyfat % can show you how much muscle someone has... for example, 210lbs and 15% bodyfat is a LOT of lean mass.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you had said 210 lbs at 6' at 15% bodyfat, that's about what I would have pictured. lbs and height are much harder to visualize but when combined with bodyfat % can show you how much muscle someone has... for example, 210lbs and 15% bodyfat is a LOT of lean mass.
Well that's more what I was wondering -- what bf% people just assume someone is at. And I have no idea what bf% I'm at in that picture. Maybe 15%, maybe 12%, I doubt any lower than that.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
I use MyFitnessPal. I almost bailed on MFP during the Free / Premium annoyance but persevered. There is another app called Joy that works reasonably well but, for me, the MFP database has been the most solid. My wife uses whatever app came on her Samsung Galaxy and it works for what she needs.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
That's heavy for 6'. I picture a bit pudgy but not necessarily fat since I know you train. If you're under 15% that's actually pretty fucking good.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
I wouldn't guess 210 from the pic, bf% who knows but not under 15 I wouldn't think. You can see that you have abs under there but you probably have big abs and store bf pretty evenly. The kind of guy we all hate on.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Eh, I'd guess pretty close to 15%, possibly under but more likely right around that mark. There'd be a lot more visible vein action (even at rest) if he was at 12%. Either way he's at the point where it takes greater effort than just moving a few calories around to stay in that shape, so pretty awesome. Also completely proves my point that BMI is retarded and bodyfat% is way more indicative of how someone looks at a certain weight/height. Good work, sir.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
So I don't know how active I'll be in here. Girlfriend and I recently got a pair of Misfit Flash activity trackers. Really awesome for the 29.99, tracks activity and sleep, also uses leds for an analog clock. Uses a computer cmos battery (CR2032) good for 6 monthes rather then a charger.

Amazon.com: Misfit Wearables Flash Fitness and Sleep Monitor (Wave): MP3 Players Accessories

Definitely helping motivate us to be more active. Parking away from stores in parking lots, using staircase instead of elevators. Doing 2-3 laps of our street each night. (.5 miles per lap) Nothing crazy, but I'm fine with little gains.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Definitely time to get serious losing weight. Went and bought some new tubes for the bike and oiled up the chain. Bike is in serious need of a tune up so might just buy a new one altogether.

Plan is ease back into riding and after a couple weeks do 10-15 miles a day. Right now im sitting at 225-230 or so at six feet.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Just tune the bike. Its kind of relaxing to do... if you want to get into such things. I have three bikes and their maintenance is park of the fun. Replace the chain and cassette and its probably fine and much cheaper than a new bike.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Definitely time to get serious losing weight. Went and bought some new tubes for the bike and oiled up the chain. Bike is in serious need of a tune up so might just buy a new one altogether.

Plan is ease back into riding and after a couple weeks do 10-15 miles a day. Right now im sitting at 225-230 or so at six feet.
Bike is good if you find it fun and want to add it to your weekly routine. But the majority of your effort should be on MFP and logging everything scrupulously. You don't hit a 31 BMI without bad eating habits and you can't bike that off.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
I did my first bike maintenance myself over the weekend. Outside of not having a bike stand and getting grease everywhere it was pretty relaxing. I didn't do anything crazy, but I did degrease / lube up my chain / cassette, tightened up my brakes, and put on some of the commuter components like my rack, bags and tire pump. Overall the bike shifts much more smoothly and I didn't die on my way into work this morning so the brakes are fine. Not the fastest / lightest bike, but it gets the job done.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Do you neglect your chest at all or does it just not want to grow?
It's a major weak point for me both in terms of strength and hypertrophy. My delts seem to have no problem growing, but my chest is just lagging. I also just started incorporating more "iso" chest work like dumbbell bench and flyes instead of just benching and doing bench accessory work (namely CGBP and OHP). I'm currently running Bulgarian method where I squat and bench every single day. The only thing I can say is that I was perhaps not pulling the barbell into my chest enough to fully activate my chest, as my past few sessions have been absolutely insane in terms of "feeling" the chest being activated and I'm beginning to push through my chest and triceps a lot better.

As for strength, I'd say it's comparatively weak to my posterior chain. My current maxs (tested) are 365/250/425. I'm definitely more lower body dominant.

As for not looking 210, you can't see my legs or my fat ass. I'm also pretty thick through my back. Again, my chest is my biggest weakness so looking at me from that angle I could understand thinking I weigh less.