Weight Loss Thread

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
you do restrict your carbs, especially the high glycemic stuff that turns to sugar in a nanosecond when it hits your stomach. we were just not made/evolved for consuming that shit.
Sigh, yes, nobody is denying pizza washed down with soda is bad for you - but newsflash, not every carb comes in a dominoes box or a plastic bottle. Nobody should be restricting their vegetable intake to just green leafy veg a la ketogains, it's just nonsense.

I can show you hundreds of before/after pics from people that started on a TKD and had bread/rice/pasta post workout - according to ketogains you should stay on a regular keto diet for 6 months to "adapt" before you even consider looking at a carb.

It's just a nonsense sub, and yes of course you are going to find lots of studies in /r/ketogains saying how good keto is. If you really want some fun try posting a study that debunks keto in /r/ketogains and watch them rip the study apart - do you think they dissect pro-keto studies as rigorously as they do anti-keto studies?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Good ole genetics. I'm the exact opposite. I'll never be good squatting with long ass skinny legs but I walked in to the gym with an upper chest.
Yeah my calf muscles refuse to put on weight. I've got tiny bird legs. I don't know why. I grew up playing hockey exclusively year round so you'd think my legs would have gained from that. But nope. They're still tiny. Its annoying, really.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm going to be honest, when I down some carbs preworkout I definitely get into my groove a lot quicker (which is important when you're squatting and benching every god damn day). Could be placebo affect, I honestly don't know.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Neither does consuming carbs before or after your workout, lol.
You do realise carbs are converted to glycogen which is stored in the muscles and is the primary fuel source for heavy physical activity?

And when I say keto doesn't give you superpowers, I mean all the nonsense ketogains spouts like "I THINK CLEARER". There are no performance benefits of note for keto over carbs.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
As is protein converted to glycogen when no carbs are present. Glycogen levels are 1/2 that of a carb consumer but you also use 1/4 of your glycogen when under heavy excercise because you are adapted to burn fat as a fuel source. As to performance gains, yes there is performance gains in shit like long distance running and biking, read the fucking studies bro, before you spout out nonsense.

rrr_img_108282.png

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm going to be honest, when I down some carbs preworkout I definitely get into my groove a lot quicker (which is important when you're squatting and benching every god damn day). Could be placebo affect, I honestly don't know.
It's not placebo effect, carbs break down faster and thus can be used as energy much sooner. But they aren't more efficient. If you have fats to use as energy because no carbs are available for the body to burn as fuel the fat will go further than the same amount of carbs will (in grams).

If you haven't eaten anything yet that day, right before a workout, and you know you need some energy you have to eat carbs because the fats won't get broken down quick enough to be used as fuel for that workout (if you eat them right before).

Tenks

I usually eat a banana maybe an hour before my workouts. But then again I'm actually in shape and I don't min/max and read articles about getting in shape. I just go to the gym.

Khane

I usually eat a banana maybe an hour before my workouts. But then again I'm actually in shape and I don't min/max and read articles about getting in shape. I just go to the gym.
So then why do you bother eating a banana?

Tenks

Fuels me up without slowing me down. I think it is something about bananas being a fast carb or some shit. I don't recall. My wife was talking to me about it. But back when I was actually concerned about gaining I ate a banana beforehand and a can of tuna afterwards. I tried tuna before and it didn't work as well as the banana. So now it is just kind of my routine. I've removed the post-workout tuna, though.

Khane

Fuels me up without slowing me down. I think it is something about bananas being a fast carb or some shit. I don't recall. My wife was talking to me about it. But back when I was actually concerned about gaining I ate a banana beforehand and a can of tuna afterwards. I tried tuna before and it didn't work as well as the banana. So now it is just kind of my routine. I've removed the post-workout tuna, though.
And if you had read about the difference between carbs and fats and proteins you wouldn't have even needed to try it. You would have already known why a banana gives you energy right before a workout where a can of tuna will not.

Tenks

And if you had read about the difference between carbs and fats and proteins you wouldn't have even needed to try it. You would have already known why a banana gives you energy right before a workout where a can of tuna will not.
I'm sure reading that article would be the difference between a life of health and fitness and laying around on the couch

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
As is protein converted to glycogen when no carbs are present. Glycogen levels are 1/2 that of a carb consumer but you also use 1/4 of your glycogen when under heavy excercise because you are adapted to burn fat as a fuel source. As to performance gains, yes there is performance gains in shit like long distance running and biking, read the fucking studies bro, before you spout out nonsense.

rrr_img_108282.png
You're a keto zealot, /r/ketogains is the right place for you.

I already said at your bf% keto is a solid approach. There are no reasons for anyone to be on perma keto

Khane

You said:

Then you said:

So you tried different things to min/max your workouts and realized one was better than the other when you could have just read about how the body burns different types of foods and where it looks for energy and actually known why. Instead of saying "I don't know, I heard something somewhere"

Tenks

And what would I do if my body didn't metabolize the food exactly like how the article says? I've known people who took fats prior to workout, protein prior to workouts, carbs prior to workouts. It is whatever works for you. Fitness is a product of putting in the time and effort in the gym not the time and effort on reddit.

Khane

Well if you're eating well and being healthy you don't actually need to eat anything right before a workout. You already have enough energy to burn through from eating your regular diet. But it's important to know how the body works. Your body isn't different from anyone else's. You don't metabolize food differently. Everyone's body burns food in a carbs -> fats -> proteins manner.

I like the "listen to my body" approach you take. Your body has an uncanny knack for craving the foods it needs in that manner. But it's still good to know how your body works.