Weight Loss Thread

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
I just checked my loss numbers. Largely keto, minimal exercise (yoga) to start, so similar to mkopec. Went ~283 lbs. to 227 lbs. in ~5.5 months but 265 > 195 in 11 months. Blasted holiday season, gets me every time.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
So everything I read says get at least 8 hours of sleep to lose weight.. between the kids, wife, job, house chores and trying to work out .. I'm lucky if I get 5 hours on average. Am I fucked ?

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
So everything I read says get at least 8 hours of sleep to lose weight.. between the kids, wife, job, house chores and trying to work out .. I'm lucky if I get 5 hours on average. Am I fucked ?
No, you'll lose weight if you maintain a caloric deficit. But 5 hours of sleep isn't healthy and will lead to other issues. I'm no doctor but I believe sustained sleep dep will interfere quite heavily with hormones, repair, building muscle... essentially, every favorable adaptation to exercise other than reducing body fat.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Thanks we are going to try sleep training the baby this weekend and if that works out I should be able to move everything including my bed Time up. And once he fully slept through the night I'll get another 30 min to an hour so I'm predicting in maybe another month I should be back up to 7 hours.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I average around 6 a night on weekdays but get a full 8 or 9 on the weekends. I feel drained some days but usually only after a heavy day of bike work.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Going to start today back at the gym to lose some weight. Currently at #182 , 5'-9.5' Goal is to go to #170.

After several weeks of patella tendinitis and some other minor health issues, I'm going to head back today.

Lets see how long can i go before my knee starts giving me issues again.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just take it easy on your legs. Instead of heavy weights, go light. Instead of running, ride a stationary bike. Good luck.

Also, lots of stretching.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Seconded on the stretching if you are having knee trouble. I don't understand how everything in the body connects and pulls on each other fully. However, I do understand the world of difference regularly stretching my hips, hamstrings, and lower back has made in my knees quality of life.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Roll out your lateralis if your knee cap is being pulled. Most common cause of your patella shifting is an overactive lateralis in comparison to your medialis.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Going to start today back at the gym to lose some weight. Currently at #182 , 5'-9.5' Goal is to go to #170.

After several weeks of patella tendinitis and some other minor health issues, I'm going to head back today.

Lets see how long can i go before my knee starts giving me issues again.
What type of exercise was causing knee issues? There may be a way to build up your knee tissue/muscle without stressing it in the same manner.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I've got a vacation coming up and want to get my body fat down a bit more so I can feel great and look great on the beach/pool/etc. I'm fine now but just want to get a tiny bit more lean before I go.

Sticking to a 1950 calorie diet, hitting 150g of protein per day and just trying to minimize carbs (not eliminate). I was 184.5lbs last Monday, this morning I was 182.5. Workouts are basically 4 days a week lifting for about an hour, alternate between a combined upper body day and a leg/abs day, and I'll throw in cardio once a week either PlyoX from P90x if the wife wants to work out with me or I'll go do the stair climber at the gym for 45 minutes.

Simply cutting out all snacking has allowed me to hit the 1950 easily while eating real meals for all my meals. Takes some willpower, but it's fine. I want to see how I look at 175lbs.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wore size 33 pants today.

The last time would have been approximately 20 years ago. Nothing like breaking up a girl to give you the free time to get your shit together and achieve your goals.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
What type of exercise was causing knee issues? There may be a way to build up your knee tissue/muscle without stressing it in the same manner.
Olympic Weightlifting is the main culprit,and crossfit.
Ill do more the lateral stretch.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Wore size 33 pants today.

The last time would have been approximately 20 years ago. Nothing like breaking up a girl to give you the free time to get your shit together and achieve your goals.
Nice job man. I have a whole section of my closet that I can't wear anymore. I wore up to a 36 waist at one point when I was ~200lbs. Now I'm 182lbs and can wear 30's! Although I'm probably more comfortable in 32's with most brands.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Same, had to bust out the 90s work shit, and even thats too big. Im probably a 32-33 now, down from a 40, lol.

I finally broke the 195 platou. I was stiuk there for like a month. Now registering 192-3 for the past few days. Feels good.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Olympic Weightlifting is the main culprit,and crossfit.
Ill do more the lateral stretch.
I'd talk to a professional before pursuing anything just to cover all bases... but Crossfit is known to cause injury -- doing olympic lifts for speed is more risky than taking it slow and focusing on form.

Have you considered doing light squats/lunges to try and build up your knees? Maybe goblet squat if you don't like barbell?

BruuceWarduck_sl

shitlord
but Crossfit is known to cause injury -- doing olympic lifts for speed is more risky than taking it slow and focusing on form
fuck you talking about? I dont have time to go to the gym for 1 hour waiting 3 minutes between each set
funny-gifs-weight-lifting-on-a-motorcycle.gif

CROSSFIT