Weight Loss Thread

lower case g

Lord Nagafen Raider
Down 11 pounds in 3 weeks. The sample size is small, but if you subtract the 7 pounds I lost the first week doing Fast Five+, I'm losing 2 pounds a week. That seems to be the universal number for safe, healthy weight loss, so I'm happy. Today was my "free" lunch day, so I went to Subway and got a 6" Turkey breast on whole wheat, and a bag of baked lays.

Looking at the nutritional information for fast food, it is mind boggling how many calories are in a hamburger. My weight started to balloon seven years ago, when I worked for a minor league basketball team. Our office was in a mall, and the only options I had for lunch were your typical mall fast food items. Soda has also been a major factor. I stopped drinking it for a couple of years, when I was doing Atkins, but when I stopped, the soda gradually crept back into my life. I started drinking only caffeine free stuff, like Sprite and Sierra Mist, but eventually the caffeinated stuff came back. I do still drink the occasional diet soda, but I plan on giving those up as well. I've tried switching to coffee, but I can't drink it black, so to me it's basically soda with some antioxidants.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Just train yourself to drink it black. No one likes black coffee at first. Eventually you'll learn to love it.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thanks Ossoi, I'll start giving the HIIT a shot and see how it goes for the rest of the month. I'd take you up on the program, the problem with me and programs is that the nature of my schedule is so random and unpredictable, so I usually have a very hard time sticking to strict diets and routines. You would probably just end up wasting your time, but I do appreciate the offer.
You should take him up on the offer, if you're looking to retain muscle mass, you'll also want to lower your rate of weight loss, 36 lbs in 3 months is good but if you want to retain muscle you need to get your diet under control to the point where you can lose 12 lbs in 3 months. Anything more than 1lb a week and you're going to be losing some muscle.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
%s don't really matter, unless you're doing something drastic(keto, etc.)

I personally have my macros as fats .5 g/lb and protein g/lb, fill in the rest with carbs.

So right now I'm at 450c, 200p, 100f. Roughly.

Fiber is the most important thing for me. When you're eating this much, and you can't shit? Hoooooly fuck.
Thanks for the response I am not looking to go full Keto but am thinking that limiting carbs more could help shedding some fat. Are you bulking. I have tried to do 1g/lb of protein before but am not sure how I could get in 300g of protein unless I'm just eating protein powder. I have heard you should do 1g/lb of your goal weight which might be more attainabale.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ok trying to set up my fitnesspal again and I was wondering what % of my diet I should set each macro to in order to lose fat. I'm sitting at 6'4" 297 @ 27%bodyfat. Getting back into running both HIIT and distance alternating along with some weights to get back in the groove after 8 months off.
I couldn't imagine trying to run long distances at 300 lbs, even at 200, shit sucked and was hard on my knees. It's a little better at 180.

Fix your diet, keep doing the HIIT, and weights, IMO.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thanks for the response I am not looking to go full Keto but am thinking that limiting carbs more could help shedding some fat. Are you bulking. I have tried to do 1g/lb of protein before but am not sure how I could get in 300g of protein unless I'm just eating protein powder. I have heard you should do 1g/lb of your goal weight which might be more attainabale.
1g/lb of lean body mass, so for you, 200g of protein a day, and even then the "actual" ratio In the scientific studies was no benefit after .7g/lb of lean body mass, which means you probably could do just fine with 150

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ahh, well it's g/lb of lean body mass typically. If you're 300 pounds, I highly doubt you're a mass monster lol.

I'd just shoot for 200 honestly.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
If your going low carb, replace the carbs with more fat, rather than protein. Ive also heard that anything past .8g/lb if lean muscle mass is overdoing protein. Getting 200g from whole foods without supplementing like 1/2 of it is hard to do.

I would shoot for <100g carb (good carbs low glycemic), 150g protein and the rest in fat.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't understand people who say that. I hit 200g of protein like its a fucking joke.

Chicken breasts are $1.99/pound. I typically buy about 10 pounds for the week plus another 5-8 pounds in ground beef/turkey.

Also, look for sales. Boneless pork chops $1.99? Fuck yeah. Chicken thighs $.69? Stock up!

Steak is so damn expensive.
frown.png

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Protein+Veg+Fats before a workout and on days you don't workout.
Protein+Veg+Carbs (bread, rice, pasta) post workout

The advantage of carb cycling is that you are using fat for energy the majority of the time and "refuelling" with carbs post workout. I'll extend the same offer I made the other guy, a 12 week program of nutrition, recipes and exercise plan

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
He's fucking obese. As long as he just cuts down on the amount he eats and does some moderate exercise daily he'll see consistent weight loss. It isn't that complicated.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
for the love of god, stop.
Stop what, bro? Whats he supposed to eat then on a low carb diet? You have to replace the fucking carbs with something, right? Your bro science is oldschool. Yeah, eat more pasta and rice to loose that weight. YEAH!

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Stop what, bro? Whats he supposed to eat then on a low carb diet? You have to replace the fucking carbs with something, right? Your bro science is oldschool. Yeah, eat more pasta and rice to loose that weight. YEAH!
or more protein, kretin.

And if I really need to post the progress I had with 90 days of carb cycling, then I will. But for now keep drinking the keto kool aid

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Osso I'll take you up on the offer. Resources I have: I have good running trails and a park around my house, a full cage with dumbells/kettle bells and free weights up to 400lb. It also has some pulley parts... can also hang up the heavy bag.

Edit... also I know how to do pretty much all lifting exercises correctly. I lifted regularly from 14 through my 20s and then off and on the last 10 years.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Osso I'll take you up on the offer. Resources I have: I have good running trails and a park around my house, a full cage with dumbells/kettle bells and free weights up to 400lb. It also has some pulley parts... can also hang up the heavy bag.
ok, its 1015pm so I will pm you tomorrow