Weight Loss Thread

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
So breakfast: 3 hard boiled eggs. 3 strawberries. Diet Pepsi. Starving.
Lunch: 9oz of baked buffalo chicken. Diet Coke. Hunger gone for 10 minutes. My fat ass is hungry again.
Dinner will be 5 drumsticks and a couple diet root beers.
Snack will be a sugar free lime jello.
During the day I will drink about a gallon and a half of water.
Gym will be rep day for chest all phases.
I've offered to help with a diet plan and training plan. It's painful reading your posts because I weigh almost half your size and successfully cut on more food than you're eating right now.

I guarantee after 2 weeks on my plan you will see results and want to continue

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A little?

Just for your info, I weigh 170-175lbs and cut on more than that.
Activity level, age, and metabolism play a big part in that, however. During my cut months I'll drop to about 2,300-2,400 calories. During bulk, I'll eat almost 3,500 calories. I'm 6' and 185. Everyone is different. Brahma has to just find that sweet spot for him, which could take time and dedication.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Activity level, age, and metabolism play a big part in that, however. During my cut months I'll drop to about 2,300-2,400 calories. During bulk, I'll eat almost 3,500 calories. I'm 6' and 185. Everyone is different. Brahma has to just find that sweet spot for him, which could take time and dedication.
Yeah, he's got 100lbs on you. I'm pretty sure he could cut on close to 3k calories, which is why seeing that he's eating 3 eggs for breakfast is so frustrating

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, he's got 100lbs on you. I'm pretty sure he could cut on close to 3k calories, which is why seeing that he's eating 3 eggs for breakfast is so frustrating
Yup, but the right kind of calories.

Best part of this whole discussion, however, is that we're all here to help each other. No homo.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I know the subject isn't settled science, but I've read that you can have a significant negative impact on your metabolism by eating at an extreme calorie deficit. Just like anything else, your body eventually adapts to the calories you're eating and you will stop losing body fat and have to eat at an even higher deficit to lose weight again. The example is usually chicks who do 2 hours of cardio a day and only eat 1000 calories but still can't lose a single pound. That's why I'm personally focused on measuring and logging since UNDER eating can be just as counterproductive as OVER eating.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I've offered to help with a diet plan and training plan. It's painful reading your posts because I weigh almost half your size and successfully cut on more food than you're eating right now.

I guarantee after 2 weeks on my plan you will see results and want to continue
Ok...I accept your offer. I can NOT cook. I have just started a couple months ago.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Lunch: 9oz of baked buffalo chicken. Diet Coke. Hunger gone for 10 minutes. My fat ass is hungry again.
I drank about 3/4 a gallon of water when I got home from the gym. That filled me up. Had 3 drum sticks instead of 5. Now sipping on a couple diet root beers.

Not to turn this into a weight lifting thread. ZERO stamina today on benches. Reps were a problem.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
No vegetables? Drink two cups of water and eat a few servings of broccoli and you won't feel hungry. You'll still crave disgusting food but maybe your issue is you're accustomed to eating a large volume of food.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Well here's the problem, if he doesn't cook then a lot of the vegetables he has immediate access to (canned, microwave, etc) are going to taste like dog assholes. Learningsomecooking skills is pretty essential, you don't have to be a master chef just to roast up some broccoli. Or learn to eat things like slaws, raw stuff.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I drank about 3/4 a gallon of water when I got home from the gym. That filled me up. Had 3 drum sticks instead of 5. Now sipping on a couple diet root beers.

Not to turn this into a weight lifting thread. ZERO stamina today on benches. Reps were a problem.
Where the fuck are these mystery drumsticks coming from? are you just able to buy like 5 kfc style legs from the grocery store?

Dude, oven roasting your own chicken is the easiest shit.

First some whole chicken terminology, you'll come across 3
Broiler, Fryer, Roaster chickens, these are basically how old/young they are and their weight, of course older is more weight, but older meat, if you can't remember the names, remember the first letter, as that also coinsides with how young they are B-F-R. (in terms of the alphabet)

You're gonna learn how to make EASY AS SHIT, beer can chicken, you only need 2 things.

1. beer can
2. oven temp probe

1. take out a baking pan, take out a beer(soda) can, open it if you want to go fancy throw a few herbs in there, stick the chicken ass right on top of it. This costs almost no money, you should have this on hand, if however you want a dedicated beer can chicken stand (you either don't have cans around or you're afraid of it toppling over), amazon got you covered
Amazon.com: beer chicken stand(i have the steven raichlen set up)

2. set the oven to 400, stick an oven probe into the chicken breast meat vertically (like you're stabbing it from the neck, just like Bronn here)
vardis1.gif
, set the temp to 165 (that's when it's done)
if you have bomb ass oven, they would include one that you can use, if you don't, again amazon
Amazon.com: oven probe(i've used the Polders, and currently have a Famil)

Stick the chicken in, don't open the oven again until it's done

This'll take like 90 mins, this is BARE minimum to having perfectly oven roasted chicken, all your fat/grease and shit will collect on the tray, pro-tip it's gets hella greasy and sometimes a bitch to clean, cover the tray with aluminum foil, should make clean up much easier.

Wanna go one step further? make a rub, salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, whatever spice shit you like, combine and rub all over that chicken.

Wanna go further? get some mash up garlic and some rub and stick it underneath the skin of the chicken.

Wanna go further? one day before you cook, get a brine ready, a simple brine is 1 part sugar, 1 part kosher salt, so a cup of each, dissolve, boil, cool and let whole chicken sit in it for a day.

Do you wanna also instead roast and cook vegetables at the same time?, skip the beer can, place 2lbs of celery, carrots, squash and whatever other vegs you plan to eat (you might want to skip starches like potatoes) put it all in a roaster pan

butterfly the chicken, this just means, take some kitchen shears and cut straight down the spine
Butterflied-Chicken-1-Chef-John_small-resized.gif

then lay the chicken on top of the vegs, stick the oven probe in game of thrones style, and cook
Apple-Cider-Roasted-Chicken-Final-Photo2.jpg

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Well here's the problem, if he doesn't cook then a lot of the vegetables he has immediate access to (canned, microwave, etc) are going to taste like dog assholes. Learningsomecooking skills is pretty essential, you don't have to be a master chef just to roast up some broccoli. Or learn to eat things like slaws, raw stuff.
Yea no shit broccoli and water aren't going to taste good to a man trying to dig himself out of the hole he dug over 3 decades. I'd always rather eat some gutbomb fast food than vegetables. The idea is: "well this is good for me and it might stave off hunger pains since my totally complete and nutritious diet of drum sticks and diet soda isn't working."

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Ok...I accept your offer. I can NOT cook. I have just started a couple months ago.
Get a glass pyrex dish big enough for a few days/ week worth of chicken breasts. 375 for like 45-55 minutes. Spices / maybe some sauce or siriacha. Easiest meal ever.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Where the fuck are these mystery drumsticks coming from? are you just able to buy like 5 kfc style legs from the grocery store?
The grocery store. There is like 12 in a pack. I thru them in a fuckin brownie pan, added some seasonings the ex had left here, and set the oven to 325. Took more than an hour. Came out...tasted like ass. Added fuckton of Frank's Hot Sauce.

I'm now a fuckin chef.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
The grocery store. There is like 12 in a pack. I thru them in a fuckin brownie pan, added some seasonings the ex had left here, and set the oven to 325. Took more than an hour. Came out...tasted like ass. Added fuckton of Frank's Hot Sauce.

I'm now a fuckin chef.
We have to help this man

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
"I can not cook" is functionally the same as saying "I'm too lazy to google and follow 4 steps that most children could follow."

lindz

#DDs
I know the subject isn't settled science, but I've read that you can have a significant negative impact on your metabolism by eating at an extreme calorie deficit. Just like anything else, your body eventually adapts to the calories you're eating and you will stop losing body fat and have to eat at an even higher deficit to lose weight again. The example is usually chicks who do 2 hours of cardio a day and only eat 1000 calories but still can't lose a single pound. That's why I'm personally focused on measuring and logging since UNDER eating can be just as counterproductive as OVER eating.
I'm one of those chicks doing 1000 calories, so when you guys are talking 1k calories for a single meal it seems bonkers! Tho I only workout for 45 min a day. 20 cardio and 20-30 with resistance bands. Zero fluctuation on weight in a month and it's driving me crazy. Clearly I need to switch shit up to get over this plateau and be ok with the positive chages to my body I'm seeing, but still I want results on the damn scale too!

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Science is most definitely not agreeing with people who say they consume 1000 calories a day and aren't the size of a 6 year old and unable to lose weight. I know that Layne Taylor guy(or whoever) talks about it being a thing, but since science pretty much says "no, it is not" I'm more inclined to believe science than anecdotal evidence. Even the Layne guy says that the people trying to cut those lbs are ridiculously fit to begin with. If you are even moderately overweight (or even above 10% bodyfat for that matter) unless you are sedentary and the size of a child, you are most likely eating more than 1000 calories a day if you can't lose weight. Or you have absolutely no muscle mass and are somehow in newbie gains mode from exercise and it is counteracting your fat loss. Even then? I'm incredibly skeptical about anyone who is legitimately eating 1000 calories and doesn't sleep 15 hours a day being unable to lose weight.