Weight Loss Thread

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
If you're more of an endomorph kind of guy, I'd try to keep your carbs as low as comfortable (I'm at 140g/day with 1800 calories and feel great doing 2 20 min HIIT days and 2 30 min LISS days per week). Same deal with fat, 30-40g range should be comfortable and not too restricting. The rest of your calories you would obviously get from protein.

Emphasis on endomorph advice above. If you're an ecto then you should have this contest in the bag already with what you've said you're doing.

Edit: I will say that 1700 might be too low for you depending on your current level of fitness. 1800 works for me because I'm still 25+% body fat and probably still in beginner gains territory. It's been a few days now, but we discussed how overall body fat can only utilize a certain amount of stored fat for calories per day (and if you eat less than that threshold your body starts using lean mass for energy). Anyway, just something to consider. If you don't care about some lean mass loss, then 1700/day should be mostly comfortable for you.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Ok guys, I've been maintaining at 183-187 for almost 2 years now, and on a bet with a co-worker we're going to see who can decrease our body fat percentage more in the next 29 days. We both used the same scale to measure body fat (doesn't matter if it's accurate, we're both using the same one and will use the same one to determine the winner) and I was 186lbs, 14.5%. He was 195lbs, 16.5%.

I've got myfitnesspal set for 1700 calories, I'm gonna go lift 4 days a week and do 2 days of cardio, and try to do one 30-40 mile ride per week. Should lose ~2lbs/week on that routine.

Winner gets a free sit/standing desk so this is some serious shit. Haha.
You trust him not to cheat? Those BF scales are pretty easy to manipulate. Pretty sure if he just gets super hydrated prior to testing it'll drive his percentage down artificially low. And surreptitiously making sure the bottom of his feet are somewhat moist.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
You trust him not to cheat? Those BF scales are pretty easy to manipulate. Pretty sure if he just gets super hydrated prior to testing it'll drive his percentage down artificially low. And surreptitiously making sure the bottom of his feet are somewhat moist.
Shrug. The office is buying the desk either way. And I'm only planning to lose ~8lbs. Not a big deal and I needed motivation to go on a tear anyway.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
If you're more of an endomorph kind of guy, I'd try to keep your carbs as low as comfortable (I'm at 140g/day with 1800 calories and feel great doing 2 20 min HIIT days and 2 30 min LISS days per week). Same deal with fat, 30-40g range should be comfortable and not too restricting. The rest of your calories you would obviously get from protein.

Emphasis on endomorph advice above. If you're an ecto then you should have this contest in the bag already with what you've said you're doing.

Edit: I will say that 1700 might be too low for you depending on your current level of fitness. 1800 works for me because I'm still 25+% body fat and probably still in beginner gains territory. It's been a few days now, but we discussed how overall body fat can only utilize a certain amount of stored fat for calories per day (and if you eat less than that threshold your body starts using lean mass for energy). Anyway, just something to consider. If you don't care about some lean mass loss, then 1700/day should be mostly comfortable for you.
I'm 6'2 ~185lbs, I'm not endo unless those definitions have changed a lot. I'm only planning to lose 8lbs so I don't think I'll have too much issue.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
You gotta be a real piece of shit to bulk up right before the weigh in to make it look like you lost a ton.
Black-Guy-Meme-Question-Marks-Que-02.jpg

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah I didn't experience it either. I did experience getting drunk in the hot tub at 10 in the morning.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't know what my weight will be on Sunday, but I've been lifting weights and doing some mild cardio all week as well as completely changing up my diet.

Blood sugar is way down and I feel a lot better and not so bloated, so I guess that's a plus. I think the worst part for me is my before-bed snack. I used to eat ice cream and it being summer is really making me crave it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Well first week of eating right, new meds, and exercising and I lost 4 pounds. I'm not doing keto or anything, just eating a lot of salads with chicken for meals (or brown rice, my old tried and tested diet) and more vegetables. Cut out energy drinks and late night snacks. While 4 isn't a great amount, for me it feels really good.

Been in a bad way for a long time. Doctor scared me enough that I'm gonna stick to it.

Ideally I'd like to hit 185 or 190,but I'm also going to start weight lifting so that goal will shift upwards too.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Eh, 4 is a lot for one week. That's the equivalent of eating 2000 less calories per day, which means you would be literally cutting the diet of a normal sized person out of your eating habits. That's a shitload.

Now, for a first week, it's not Crone's apparent loss rate. But the same factors apply: simply less food in your system overall and water weight loss are going to be the majority of that amount. No idea what you were eating beforehand, but make sure that you aren't starving yourself either. Cutting out sodas (energy drinks, unless they're the 0 cal ones, are basically soda) and random sugary snacks will always go a long way towards keeping your calories in check. Since you're type 2 diabetic (if I remember correctly) you may actually want to look into a ketogenic diet. It could reduce your medication needs and combat the majority of issues associated with the 'beetus.

Either way, good job~

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Keto is something I am considering but I'm on new meds and my sugar is super low because of it. I want to normalize my sugar first and then go for it.

I was drinking rhe 0 sugar 0 carb ones but I definitely felt it affecting me in other ways with crashes and dependency. Just feels better not having them. And I dont drink coffee so I'm going cold turkey on caffeine.

As for what i was eating before it wasn't insane but I think my portions were a lot bigger than most people plus a lot of snacking.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
2 weeks and I am stuck at 287. Guess it's time to bring my portions down AGAIN.
I don't know how low you can safely go Brahma. It might not be just the food. Throwing this out there, but have you spoken with a physician about your weight concerns?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Dude, just give it some time. Don't expect results every week.

I mean yeah, monitor your portions carefully and log everything. But give it some time as well.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I was stuck at 225 when I was huge into weight lifting 10 years ago. My best guess is i was gaining muscle and burning fat because I was turning into a beast.