Weight Loss Thread

Caliane

Actual goal is eliminate spare tire. Weight is more of a system/measure of progress in that goal as far as I care.
6ft tall.
Weigh ins were: 190 on July 15th. 185 on July 22. 182 on 29th.

This week some flux. bumped up to 184 a couple days. Down to 181 today.

Friday checkin. aug 5th. 181. increased daily calorie intake, then had a few cheat days out with friends. 180 this morning, so back on track, well enough.

Caliane

3.8lbs/week is very high still. And, was in the target you had previosly wasn't it? trying to accelerate that more is silly.

Checking old posts, around 330 now?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Nah I don't know why I said I was around 350, no point in fudging. Here's my last 90 days. Started back up right around 420 in mid May.
tfSqhJH.png

I also think I said I was over 450 at my highest point, which while technically true is not the whole story:
M5BMyyt.jpg

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I'm 6'2 and ~260 pounds. I decided to start playing pokemon go for exercise and I've walked/biked ~200km in the last 3 weeks, which I would estimate is about 198km more than I walked in the previous 3 weeks. My diet isn't perfect but it's much better than it has been, I took an intro to kinesiology class some years back so I understand the basics of diet/fitness pretty well. My weight has gone up and down throughout my adult life, and my past experiences from when I let myself turn into a lardass is that as soon as I get away from the computer and start being consistently active, the first 10-20 pounds just melt right off. So three weeks of activity in, and I haven't lost a pound. It's getting frustrating as hell and I'm kind of clueless as to why I'm not losing weight this time around.

Caliane

gilg-
3.8lbs is a 13,300 calorie deficit/week. 1900/day.

basal rate for you, of like 18,900/week. 2700/day.
little exercise- 22,500/week, 3200/day. (I know you said you were doing some exercise. but at that size, I have to assume its quite light really. not your fault, exercise must be ramped up into as you get into shape.)

which, means you are probably eating around 1300cal/day.

Sounds about right?

Expecting more is a bit silly. and dangerous.

Caliane

So I'm 6'2 and ~260 pounds. I decided to start playing pokemon go for exercise and I've walked/biked ~200km in the last 3 weeks, which I would estimate is about 198km more than I walked in the previous 3 weeks. My diet isn't perfect but it's much better than it has been, I took an intro to kinesiology class some years back so I understand the basics of diet/fitness pretty well. My weight has gone up and down throughout my adult life, and my past experiences from when I let myself turn into a lardass is that as soon as I get away from the computer and start being consistently active, the first 10-20 pounds just melt right off. So three weeks of activity in, and I haven't lost a pound. It's getting frustrating as hell and I'm kind of clueless as to why I'm not losing weight this time around.
Appetite probably increased with increased activity. and/or justifying more snacks/treats in relation to having just done biking. "oh, I biked 10miles today, I can have that icecream."

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Appetite probably increased with increased activity. and/or justifying more snacks/treats in relation to having just done biking. "oh, I biked 10miles today, I can have that icecream."

No. I generally don't even buy sweet stuff from the grocery store in the first place and I don't drink soda. Fast food 0-3 times a month, don't buy junk meals like frozen pizza/etc. My diet has plenty of room for improvement of course, but it's still better than the diet of 95% of America.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
gilg-
3.8lbs is a 13,300 calorie deficit/week. 1900/day.

basal rate for you, of like 18,900/week. 2700/day.
little exercise- 22,500/week, 3200/day. (I know you said you were doing some exercise. but at that size, I have to assume its quite light really. not your fault, exercise must be ramped up into as you get into shape.)

which, means you are probably eating around 1300cal/day.

Sounds about right?

Expecting more is a bit silly. and dangerous.

We've tried telling the rererolled teenage girls gymnast squad that they're eating substantially below what their body needs but they don't seem to care

Sub 1500 is retarded but less of an issue for someone like Aladdin who doesn't exercise, but Caliane is exercising six days a week which is even worse.

It's the metabolic equivalent of trying to drive across the country on half a tank of gas

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Aside from potentially getting gallstones what are you so fucking worried about? Starvation mode doesn't exist, I'm taking a multivitamin, I have 6 months of food attached to my body to survive on if push comes to shove. What exactly is this terrible thing a super low calorie diet is going to do?

Caliane Caliane I do the same exercise every day. 15-20 minutes on the elliptical when I wake up, between 130-160 heart rate. Then I do 5x5@140 bench every night when I get home, I do 5x5 body weight squats, then I will do deads, overhead dumbbell presses, or legs depending on how I feel. I also do dumbbell hammer curls every night whenever I'm on my computer. Just do a set of 15 with 25 lbs every 30 minutes(between LOL games, whatever) or so with each arm. My arm muscles are significantly more defined than they were when I started this in early June. I don't know if I can actually build more muscle mass, but to this point it looks like I am. This is on only 100 grams or so of protein a day. Will be more now that I am full keto. 99% of this is fasted, either when I wake up in the morning or when I get home while I am thawing/preparing food.

Last edited:

Caliane

No. I generally don't even buy sweet stuff from the grocery store in the first place and I don't drink soda. Fast food 0-3 times a month, don't buy junk meals like frozen pizza/etc. My diet has plenty of room for improvement of course, but it's still better than the diet of 95% of America.
well, 124 miles over 21 days by bike is, not a ton either honestly.
1lb is 3500 calories.
6'2", 260lbs, 30ish?, 6 miles/day, at 6min/mile ~120cal/day. x21=2520 calories. less then 1lb lost.
Walking 6m, at 20min/mile-330 calories. 6920cal, 2lbs lost.

Start logging in time and distance.

Last edited:

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Aside from potentially getting gallstones what are you so fucking worried about? Starvation mode doesn't exist, I'm taking a multivitamin, I have 6 months of food attached to my body to survive on if push comes to shove. What exactly is this terrible thing a super low calorie diet is going to do?

Caliane Caliane I do the same exercise every day. 15-20 minutes on the elliptical when I wake up, between 130-160 heart rate. Then I do 5x5@140 bench every night when I get home, I do 5x5 body weight squats, then I will do deads, overhead dumbbell presses, or legs depending on how I feel. I also do dumbbell hammer curls every night whenever I'm on my computer. Just do a set of 15 with 25 lbs every 30 minutes(between LOL games, whatever) or so with each arm. My arm muscles are significantly more defined than they were when I started this in early June. I don't know if I can actually build more muscle mass, but to this point it looks like I am. This is on only 100 grams or so of protein a day. Will be more now that I am full keto. 99% of this is fasted, either when I wake up in the morning or when I get home while I am thawing/preparing food.

Look, I understand you're new to weight loss/body composition - but some of us have been training, dieting and researching before you decided to join this thread. Multiple people, not just myself - all of whom are regular long time contributors to this thread, have questioned the teenage girl calorie intake.

It's just absolutely retarded to be exercising every day and not giving your body the fuel it needs. You guys are literally missing out unnecessarily on at least one generous meal a day. I don't believe for one second that what you guys are doing is sustainable and it certainly isn't optimal.

With the right diets and workouts you could be gaining muscle whilst losing fat and getting stronger - instead of coming home and doing 25 body weight squats. Now of course, strength isn't a motivator for everyone and it wasn't for me when I started, but there's no way you're building muscle on 1400 calories a day.

Again, not everyone wants to get a six pack and big guns, but more muscle = higher metabolism.

According to TDEE calculator:

a 200lb dude at 5ft 11 and 10% body fat has a maintenance calorie intake of 3300 calories a day.

a 200lb dude at 5ft 11 and 25% body fat has a maintenance calorie intake of 2800 calories a day.

so the 10% guy can eat more food and not put on weight.

You guys seem to only care what the scale says but the reality is that body composition is about more than what the scale says

Caliane

Lets repost important information from old thread.
Calculating the Daily Calorie Deficit For Maximum Fat Loss | High Intensity Training by Drew Baye
290 kilojoules = 69.31 kilocalories and 1 kilogram = 2.2 pounds, so 290 kJ/kg = 31.4 kcals/lb

In other words, the authors claim the maximal daily calorie deficit for fat loss is approximately 31.4 cals per pound of fat, give or take about three calories, and if your daily calorie deficit exceeds this the difference is going to come from other tissues, including your hard-earned muscle.

Tdeecalc itself.
TDEE Calculator: Learn Your Total Daily Energy Expenditure

for me, for example. 180lbs, at about 20% body fat, 36lbs body fat, 1130.4cal/day max deficit before other tissue is used.
~6.4miles/day running, 60min or so, heavy exercise. 900-1300cal burned. 1800basal metabolic rate.
2700 on light days, 3100 on heavy days.
Thus, min caloric intake should be 1700 on light days, 2000 on heavy.

Last edited:

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Keto isn't a magic bullet, 1450 calories on keto isn't going to be faster than 1450 calories of non keto.

I can't remember your current weight but I'm guessing you're another one of the recent influx of people eating like bulimic catwalk models

It's north korean prisoners, get it right.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Ossoi, it's standard crash diet where you starve yourself for 3 months to lose weight only to slip once and then rebound super hard and then shoot back up.

I personally can't believe people are being active on sub 1500 calorie/day, I eat like 2500 a day (with carbs even!) and still go to bed feeling slightly hungry often.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Got official weigh in today on snazzy scale...

284.0lb
fat% 32.4
fat mass 92lb
ffm 192lb
muscle mass 183lb
tbw 134.4lb
tbw % 47.3%
bone mass 9.4lb
bmr 2666kcal
bmi 35.5

I decided to take a real close look at exactly my usual eating for the day. Works out like this (most days, some days might add 300-400 more calories depending on my dinner, as sometimes I exceed the 8oz meat, or eat some veggies that are higher calorie in higher quantities).. obviously a general estimation here. I've been doing this for 3 weeks straight, though.

Breakfast - usually a protein shake
110 cal
1g fat
9g carbs (2g fiber, 4g sugar)
18g protein

Lunch - today I had what I call protein potatoes + 2 cups of broccoli and 2 cups of cauliflower
216 cal, 0 fat, 29 carb (12 fiber), 27g protein

100 cal (potatoes) + 62 (broccoli) + 54 (cauliflower) = 216cal
0g fat
7g carb (2 fiber - potatoes) + 12 (5 fiber - broccoli) + 10 (5 fiber - cauliflower) = 29 carb
18g protein (potatoes) + 5 (broccoli) + 4 (cauliflower)

Dinner
8oz white chicken breast with spices (trivial) and a salad with cucumbers, spinach, and iceberg lettuce with 0 cal/0 fat/0 carb dressing

281 cal (chicken) + 42 (salad) = 323 cal
6 carbs (salad stuffs)
11g fat
44g protein

Nightly snack - usually atkins bar, etc
180 cal
6g fat
15g carbs (1 fiber, 10 sugar alcohol, 4 sugar)
15g protein

So in a typical day, assuming zero cheats (which is most days for me) it ends up being...

~800 calories
~18g fat
~59g carbs (about 30g fiber or so)
~105g protein

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
And you feel ok?

If you do, hey go get'em. But that's under what a 100lb 8 year old needs to consume to not die. I get that you have some reserves to work from, but that process is almost 100% across the board sort of debilitating. Theoretically you should feel like complete shit and barely be able to get out of bed.

You might actually be a wonder of the modern medical world. I'm not saying that sarcastically, as you could legit be doing all of that and not feeling hunger pangs/weakness at all. Like I said previously; interesting.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I feel great. My BMI was almost 40 when this shit started. From my understanding when my BMI gets under 32, he's going to adjust my diet to intake more than 800ish.

I'm not sure I would call myself a wonder of the modern medical world. 800-1000 calorie diets for people with 30+ BMIs are fairly commonplace. Not super common, but there are quite a few. All the jokes about eating like a teenage girl that's anorexic are those that eat these kind of diets with very little fat to begin with.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
All the jokes about eating like a teenage girl that's anorexic are those that eat these kind of diets with very little fat to begin with.

No you fucking idiot, multiple people have told you that your diet is retarded. And fyi, I was at 23% body fat when I started, got down to 10% in six months whilst also adding 6kg of muscle mass.

I know you're used to jumping on the Ossoi hate wagon every time I post in politics, but I've been posting in this thread a lot longer than I have elsewhere on this forum. As have other people that are telling you that you aren't eating enough.

Did you miss me and Rezz going at it a few days ago, yet we both agree on your calorie intake. I think that's indicative that the informed people on this thread can both agree your diet is retarded

Look at the bmr info you received, 2666 calories. You have so much room to eat more. I mean,, protein potatoes, what the actual fuck are they?

When's the next scale visit, I can't wait to see how much muscle you've lost.

Last edited:

Caliane

Look at the bmr info you received, 2666 calories. You have so much room to eat more. I mean,, protein potatoes, what the actual fuck are they?
Must be a bean?

A potato is like 160cal, 4g protein, 4.7g dietary fiber per 200g.
hes claiming, 100cal, 18g protein, 2 fiber per ?

hrm, even that, I can't find any bean that would give 18g protein at only 100cal.

hrm, protein shake is close to that. Making a paste out of the protein shake?

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
No you fucking idiot, multiple people have told you that your diet is retarded. And fyi, I was at 23% body fat when I started, got down to 10% in six months whilst also adding 6kg of muscle mass.

I know you're used to jumping on the Ossoi hate wagon every time I post in politics, but I've been posting in this thread a lot longer than I have elsewhere on this forum. As have other people that are telling you that you aren't eating enough.

Did you miss me and Rezz going at it a few days ago, yet we both agree on your calorie intake. I think that's indicative that the informed people on this thread can both agree your diet is retarded

When's the next scale visit, I can't wait to see how much muscle you've lost.

This post was directed at Ala but I still think you are being absurdly myopic in your world view. I'm extremely curious what you would have me do. I told you I dieted before. I lost over 100 lbs. It took me almost a year, and that was around 2000 calories a day with pretty high levels of discipline. I don't buy the "I HAVE A GLAND PROBLEM" bullshit but I am telling you I don't tend to lose as fast as I "should" for whatever reason. This time is different, because I am not dieting. I am not following a plan. I am simply eating less and exercising more, while paying attention to what my body tells me. If I don't feel up to working out, I don't work out. if I feel hungry I eat a little bit more. If keto makes me feel like shit I'll go back to carbs. I have been over 2000 calories twice in the last two months, and I've been under 1300 about 8 times. Neither extreme seems to bother me. I haven't noticed any reduction in strength, in fact I feel better than ever. I choose, coherently, to reduce my caloric intake in order to speed up the weight loss. This is not a 3 week thing for someone's wedding. This is an 8-15 month thing to put this phase of my life behind me forever. If I lose a little muscle in the process that's fine, when I get to 200 lbs and I start bulking back up I do not anticipate it being that difficult considering the work ethic I will apply to that objective, just like I am to this one and just like I do to my professional life.

I just hit the dating pool again and quite frankly I'd rather lose the weight faster to make that aspect of my life easier again than lose it the "right way" and have it take two years. I don't care about being jacked right now, all I care about is feeling good and being able to chase women without being disqualified right off the bat because I'm 350+ lbs. I have, over the last three years, established a level of discipline and dedication in all other areas of my life that was previously unthinkable for me. I don't think a lack of willpower will be an issue here. I am a driven motherfucker, and unless there is some tangible health concern I'm missing I plan to proceed full speed ahead.

Cheers.