Weight Loss Thread

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
This made me think of this...must have been the hair.
kiss-my-grits-leave.gif

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I had some pretty great shrimp and grits when I was near Nashville for work 5ish years ago. They had a great beer selection too.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I have a hard time believing that eating very low carbs all the time is a good idea. Until you're reaching the weight you want, or for some specific cases maybe, but the human race is definitely made to occasionnaly eat carbs, at least from fruits.

I believe you gain more from diversifying with fruits than you lose with carbs, especialy if you're in keto regularly

Think what we evolved to eat. The carbs we have today weren't available through most of history and most people think that any diet that doesn't include daily twinkies is very low carb. It's about resetting your expectations.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Think what we evolved to eat. The carbs we have today weren't available through most of history and most people think that any diet that doesn't include daily twinkies is very low carb. It's about resetting your expectations.
This is the entirety of the Paleo concept.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
This is the entirety of the Paleo concept.
I think it's also a little bit of the blood type diet. Though I've only heard the executive summary of the blood type diet so it might be crazypants when you get into it. They say that your blood type indicates what part of the world your ancestors came from and people in different parts of the world evolved to eat different diets. But only slightly different, there isn't a blood type that evolved to handle a box of twinkies a day.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think it's also a little bit of the blood type diet. Though I've only heard the executive summary of the blood type diet so it might be crazypants when you get into it. They say that your blood type indicates what part of the world your ancestors came from and people in different parts of the world evolved to eat different diets. But only slightly different, there isn't a blood type that evolved to handle a box of twinkies a day.
I have honestly never heard of this one.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I remember hearing about that years ago. Just one of those absolute BS ideas someone came up with to get some clicks.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
They say that your blood type indicates what part of the world your ancestors came from

There's some variance in blood type by ethnicity, but nothing at the level where a random individual could make dietary decisions based on it.

And in any case:

"Does It Work?

One study found that adults eating the type A diet showed improved health markers, but this occurred in everyone, not just those with type A blood type. In 2013, a major review concluded that no evidence exists to support benefits of blood type diets."

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I have honestly never heard of this one.

Yeah I can't even find much about it on the internet. I basically talked to 2 people who read the book. My guess is the numbers don't add up due to too much intermingling and not enough blood types. But that discussion is what first got me to thinking about the diets of our ancestors and it kinda clicked for me because of what I already knew about super grains and the food pyramid scam.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah I can't even find much about it on the internet. I basically talked to 2 people who read the book. My guess is the numbers don't add up due to too much intermingling and not enough blood types. But that discussion is what first got me to thinking about the diets of our ancestors and it kinda clicked for me because of what I already knew about super grains and the food pyramid scam.
I remember when Paleo first hit the streets and I was like "hey this sounds pretty good. Eat like we were designed to eat". They I saw it said "grass fed beef" because thats what the animals ate back then and grass fed was like 2x the price of regular beef and I noped the fuck out.

• 1Like

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I remember when Paleo first hit the streets and I was like "hey this sounds pretty good. Eat like we were designed to eat". They I saw it said "grass fed beef" because thats what the animals ate back then and grass fed was like 2x the price of regular beef and I noped the fuck out.
It is tastier and apparently healthier.

I assume it’s similar to farmed vs wild caught fish.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
It is tastier and apparently healthier.

I assume it’s similar to farmed vs wild caught fish.

most beef aficionados prefer grass fed grain finished beef, as opposed to all grass

we finish the ones we've fed out in the pasture on high quality grains and they’re wonderful

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users