Weight Loss Thread

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Well for instance, I just ate some sushi. I have no fucking idea what the calorie, protein, carb, or fat content in any of it is, especially when you get into specialty rolls with a ton of shit in them.

And do you weight your shit at home? Or do you just look at a sweet potato and somehow know all the content within it? Because I've used myfitnesspal and a lot of their info and data on there is completely off. I had to manually put everything in.
I have been tracking some of my eating habits with myfitnesspal.com. It is good for the unknown items purely due to the crowdsourced data that is already input by other users. Arguably, the data may not be the best or you may not have the exact thing listed, but there is generally something close that can help you get the data approximately close.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
That's why I've never counted macros. I just make sure I hit my protein, and hope that I get about 80g of calories from fat. Otherwise, I could give a shit. It's hard enough taking foods that aren't labelled (e.g. restaurant, or if you're cooking something with several mixed ingredients) to calculate total calories. Fuck trying to break everything down into macros and tracking those too.

It wouldn't be too bad if you're always eating the same things, but I vary my diet too much.
Now that I'm not actively trying to lose a large amount of weight (I'm 195, I'd like to be 180, but I'm also fairly content at this weight compared to when I hit 240) That's basically all I do.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Well for instance, I just ate some sushi. I have no fucking idea what the calorie, protein, carb, or fat content in any of it is, especially when you get into specialty rolls with a ton of shit in them.

And do you weight your shit at home? Or do you just look at a sweet potato and somehow know all the content within it? Because I've used myfitnesspal and a lot of their info and data on there is completely off. I had to manually put everything in.
Yeah, I weigh my stuff. But eating balanced or counting, you should be weighing your food either way. How was the sweet potato off? Did you just go looking for "1 large baked sweet potato"? And the entry had the wrong amount of calories, etc? Not surprising if you're going to do it in vague sizes and such. I personally don't find weighing all my food that annoying. I'm an engineer and I like being in control, weighing gives me that. Plus, while I was decent at estimating after eating a food for a while, it wasn't exact. I was underestimating my foods by about 5-10% and it caused some unintended weight loss after a while.

Elurin, you know you can make recipes in a lot of the apps? Annoying at first, but most people have varied but ultimately cyclical diets. I rarely have to add recipes anymore, maybe 1 a week?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The amount of effort some of you put into figuring out your exact calorie intakes is dizzying. It's commendable that you try so hard to keep yourselves from eating like shit but goddamn, eating right isn't as difficult as some of you make it out to be.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I think calorie counting and weighing food is great to do a for a while because it makes you aware of how many calories are in things you eat frequently. However, I can't imagine doing that for a lifetime. Then again, I've never been a "data" kind of guy, but I know lots of people who workout and keep meticulous logs of weights, reps, body fat trends, weight trends, calories, macros, etc. Different strokes for different folks. As long as something works for you, more power to you!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The amount of effort some of you put into figuring out your exact calorie intakes is dizzying. It's commendable that you try so hard to keep yourselves from eating like shit but goddamn, eating right isn't as difficult as some of you make it out to be.
Understandable. Former fat kid, so I always have the specter motivating me from gaining extra weight. But I honestly don't think it's that much work.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Oh Himeo, I wasn't arguing. Seriously if it works for you, keep doing it. I was merely trying to make a funny about your ingestion of garlic sauce.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Fucked up my other shoulder at the gym last night. It hurts the worst when I just leave my arm hanging straight down or when I reach across my body and the bone is really tender. Overhead hurts a bit too but not as bad as when I leave it hanging at my side. All that ice hockey, baseball and football is starting to catch up to me I guess. I'm really hoping rest and physical therapy exercises work this time, I do not want to have surgery again.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
So Deathwing, do you even track shit like salad? I have a salad every night, and when I'm just thinking about numbers I really only care about the avocado and the oil... those are the only two things with substantial calories. Tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, and peppers are the other ingredients, btw, generally.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Remember all you fat fucks talking about the different ways you ate pizza rolls? Try this...

rrr_img_40220.jpg

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So Deathwing, do you even track shit like salad? I have a salad every night, and when I'm just thinking about numbers I really only care about the avocado and the oil... those are the only two things with substantial calories. Tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, and peppers are the other ingredients, btw, generally.
EVERYTHING! I'm a meticulous asshole like that. Accurate record keeping means more dessert. Also, the other ingredients might have vitamins(which I don't care about meeting daily), protein, and fiber.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
EVERYTHING! I'm a meticulous asshole like that. Accurate record keeping means more dessert. Also, the other ingredients might have vitamins(which I don't care about meeting daily), protein, and fiber.
Yeah cucumber, tomato and onion don't have many calories but they do have a lot of nutrients and shit but I don't have time to keep fucking track of that. All I care about are macros and calories, and if I'm 30 calories and 2g of protein or whatever fucking useless amount of shit these foods contain, well then I'll just be a fat pig in 10 years after overeating 30 calories a day.

Someone do the math, idk.

McCheese

Remember all you fat fucks talking about the different ways you ate pizza rolls? Try this...

rrr_img_40220.jpg
That would be a lot easier to eat if it were folded in half into a giant P'zone.

I know what I'm eating on my next cheat day!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah cucumber, tomato and onion don't have many calories but they do have a lot of nutrients and shit but I don't have time to keep fucking track of that. All I care about are macros and calories, and if I'm 30 calories and 2g of protein or whatever fucking useless amount of shit these foods contain, well then I'll just be a fat pig in 10 years after overeating 30 calories a day.

Someone do the math, idk.
Just counterbalance it by fucking your girl harder.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That looks pretty legit.

When you have a chance to spend $500 on unidentified pink goo I think you've got to take it.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I had 165g of asparagus for dinner, which is a fucking ton of asparagus... and it was 36 calories? Are you fucking kidding me?

McCheese

So I had 165g of asparagus for dinner, which is a fucking ton of asparagus... and it was 36 calories? Are you fucking kidding me?
You're going to have some nasty smelling piss.

It's pretty amazing how easily you can fill up on vegetables and yet not really get many calories. I LOVE veggies and I've found myself undereating on occasion because I'll stuff myself with vegetables which, although insanely filling, don't actually provide many calories. Sometimes I'll grill a chicken breast and along with it I'll eat an entire large onion, an entire green pepper, and an entire red bell pepper. I'm absolutely stuffed afterwards but in terms of calories it's barely anything at all.