Weight Loss Thread

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
You're going to have some nasty smelling piss.

It's pretty amazing how easily you can fill up on vegetables and yet not really get many calories. I LOVE veggies and I've found myself undereating on occasion because I'll stuff myself with vegetables which, although insanely filling, don't actually provide many calories. Sometimes I'll grill a chicken breast and along with it I'll eat an entire large onion, an entire green pepper, and an entire red bell pepper. I'm absolutely stuffed afterwards but in terms of calories it's barely anything at all.
I eat asparagus all the time, I don't even care about the piss smell anymore.

And yeah, looking at vegetables it's basically eating like a bird. I have to force myself to eat the sweet potato and the 6 oz of chicken tonight cause I was so full just from salad and asparagus.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Little bit of olive oil in the pan if I don't grill it, perhaps. I don't think I've ever even had garlic oil sauce.

I know you're joking, I'm just wondering wtf garlic oil sauce even is, and why it comes with anything.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It comes as an included beverage with pizza.

For real Papa Johns has some garlic sauce and it is fucking godly.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So apparently my shoulder is sprained. The clavicle dislodged a bit and raised up a few inches. The PA (doc wasn't in) told me there was nothing I could do except take an anti-inflammatory and try not to move it too much. She said it would take 3-4 weeks to heal. Anyone have any experience with this? Is there anything else I can do to try to hasten recovery? I have a golf tournament the 23rd and 24th that I really don't want to miss.

I was really starting to hit my stride again with my workouts and being out 3-4 weeks is going to kick the wind out of my sails. Even running on a treadmill bothers it.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
So apparently my shoulder is sprained. The clavicle dislodged a bit and raised up a few inches. The PA (doc wasn't in) told me there was nothing I could do except take an anti-inflammatory and try not to move it too much. She said it would take 3-4 weeks to heal. Anyone have any experience with this? Is there anything else I can do to try to hasten recovery? I have a golf tournament the 23rd and 24th that I really don't want to miss.

I was really starting to hit my stride again with my workouts and being out 3-4 weeks is going to kick the wind out of my sails. Even running on a treadmill bothers it.
Just out of curiosity, how exactly did you hurt your shoulder? I mean, were you doing a specific exercise and suddenly felt/knew "Shit, I just fucked up my shoulder" or was it more of a gradual thing that you didn't notice till later?

Khane

I hurt it snowboarding in February, it hurt pretty bad for like 2 days but then was fine so I never got it checked. I aggravated it on Monday (knew it right away) doing a flat bench press of all things. Doc said it was probably just never fully healed and it just popped back out.

I hurt myself years ago doing military press on my other shoulder and ended up needing surgery (rotator cuff) so I don't do any overhead presses at all anymore.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Going for a beach vacation in 2 weeks so I'm starting up a cycle of UD2.Lyle's Ultimate Diet 2.0. I've never done it but I hear good things. I'll see how it goes.
I did one cycle of it and the short story is I feel like it worked as advertised. It's a big calorie restriction so no surprises really but at least I feel like everything is tighter. Who knows how much of the loss was water, fat or muscle. At the start of the week I was 185. Today I stepped on the scale and it said 179. Mirror confirms I'm leaner.

I still have more to lose but I was at roughly 14-15% and now I feel like I'm closer to 12% in a week. That's pretty good.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I did one cycle of it and the short story is I feel like it worked as advertised. It's a big calorie restriction so no surprises really but at least I feel like everything is tighter. Who knows how much of the loss was water, fat or muscle. At the start of the week I was 185. Today I stepped on the scale and it said 179. Mirror confirms I'm leaner.

I still have more to lose but I was at roughly 14-15% and now I feel like I'm closer to 12% in a week. That's pretty good.
race you to 10%? I was 11.9% as of yesterday 75.7kg down to 75.2

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk

That's a pretty big body fat drop in one week. How much coconut oil did you have?

Khane

I highly doubt it was just fat lost... probably a ton of muscle. Or brain cells.
I'm no scientist but, isn't muscle loss a very gradual, slow process? It's far more believable that it's fat loss is it not?

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's probably a good amount of water weight but I do look and feel leaner. I think 1-2% is possible to drop this quickly. Still more to go but that would be really good for when you're at 10 or 11% trying to really get into the single digits.

EvilLurker_sl

shitlord
If you change your diet drastically you can lose or gain quite a lot just due to changing the contents of your intestines. Try to disregard the first 2-3 days.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
Today has been a terrible day. I had coconut oil with my breakfast yesterday. Weighed myself this morning and gained a pound.