Weight Loss Thread

Khane

Got something right about marriage
6000 calories probably isn't possible without working out a couple hours a day on the cruise in addition to everything else. But 4000-4500 should be doable. And 4500 calories of food is a lot.
What about all the booze dude? Lots of booze on every vacation I've ever taken and 4500 calories gets really easy to hit.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I was gonna say, on the couple all inclusive weddings I've gone to, I would easily be hitting 4,000 calories a day on booze alone. 15+ beers plus half a dozen to a dozen mixed drinks adds up extremely quickly. And when it's buffet style, it's all too easy to load up your plate too much at every meal. To say nothing of late night munchies and 24 hour room service. The last one I went to in the spring I put on close to 10 lbs in 7 days, at least according to the first weigh in when I got back. Luckily 5 lbs of that disappeared within a few days after a few good dumps and getting my hydration back to normal, but the other 5 lbs has only recently been addressed.

It's pretty easy to put on 0.5-1 lb a day on vacation in my experience, even if you're not a total glutton.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I realize it puts me in a minority but I don't drink on vacation. I don't see why you need to get hammered to have fun on a cruise ship. But yea, obviously if you're drinking 15 beers a day plus eating buffets and desserts and having 6 minute sex, you're going to gain weight. Not going to dispute that one bit.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
To be clear I was talking about a beach resort, not a cruise ship. But all in all, not much difference between the two diet/weight wise.

Khane

I don't see why you need to get hammered to have fun on a cruise ship.
You don't need to get hammered to have fun anywhere, but it makes the fun way better. Wiffle ball is fun without beer, but way more fun with it. Besides, you know you don't have to work and can just start drinking as soon as you wake up to alleviate any hangover you might have. Though I will say, I don't typically get hammered when I'm on vacation, I usually just keep a nice day long buzz going. And when you're drinking from 11am to 3am it's pretty easy to have 15 drinks and still not be wasted.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Starting a workout plan tonight after work. Haven't been to the gym in years and currently sitting 5'7" and 210 lbs of fat fuck from a peak of 220 lbs about 4 months ago. Might post some before pics later so you guys can break my balls and give me some motivation.

I used to lift a lot about 10-12 years ago when my only motivation was to get bigger and get laid. I never did cardio cause I didn't need to to get big and I fucking despise cardio. Now cardio is what I need the most. I hope I can push through it.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I dont think you need cardio, you need to eat good food and be active. As for motivation you'll probably see quick initial changes if you get your shit together.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I'm going to ease back into it with 30 min cardio 5 days a week and lifting 3 days a week. Lifting will be 10 sets per workout day. Mainly squats, dead lift, bench, rows, and a little bicep and tricep shit. Mainly compound exercises to get my metabolism kicking again.

Eating right is where I struggle. I'm going to start reading this thread from the beginning to get a better idea. All I did before was eat 1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight. At the time I could eat whatever else I wanted. My initial thoughts are 150g protein and 1800-2000 calories a day. Any changes I make will be an improvement, but like I said I need to read through this thread to get a better idea.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Been slacking myself. I need to drop 20lbs. We are the same height Julian. I'm around 180 tho. I still lift/run but my diet is shit. I'm guess we will probably have a similar calorie intake.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm going to ease back into it with 30 min cardio 5 days a week and lifting 3 days a week. Lifting will be 10 sets per workout day. Mainly squats, dead lift, bench, rows, and a little bicep and tricep shit. Mainly compound exercises to get my metabolism kicking again.

Eating right is where I struggle. I'm going to start reading this thread from the beginning to get a better idea. All I did before was eat 1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight. At the time I could eat whatever else I wanted. My initial thoughts are 150g protein and 1800-2000 calories a day. Any changes I make will be an improvement, but like I said I need to read through this thread to get a better idea.
2000 is really low I would say. You'd screw your metabolism up. I'd go for 2400ish especially if you're lifting etc. Maybe a bit lower on off days. Just my 2 cents. But yeah eating right will do the job for you without even counting calories in my experience. Good luck, post updates.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Gaming Ghost>
Starting a workout plan tonight after work. Haven't been to the gym in years and currently sitting 5'7" and 210 lbs of fat fuck from a peak of 220 lbs about 4 months ago. Might post some before pics later so you guys can break my balls and give me some motivation.

I used to lift a lot about 10-12 years ago when my only motivation was to get bigger and get laid. I never did cardio cause I didn't need to to get big and I fucking despise cardio. Now cardio is what I need the most. I hope I can push through it.
What are your goals?

Fat loss
Muscle gain
Strength gain?

I'm traveling on business at the moment so I'll write a full reply when I get back.

Briefly, eat less on days you're not working out and keep carbs low. Make sure you get enough fat to sub for carbs and keep protein at 1.5-2g+ per kg

Eat more on days you're lifting weights and eat carbs after a workout. Lower the fat and keep protein high.

If you want to focus on weight loss then you can eat at a high deficit on rest days (-30% maintenance) and a smaller deficit on workout days (-10%).

If you want to cut but are concerned about muscle loss or want to keep making strength gains then keep the -30% deficit on rest days and eat at maintenance or +10% over on workout days.

The cardio isn't essential, lifting the weights is, the cardio is just a bonus.

Make sure you're using my fitness pal or similar to track your calories intake. Track your weight weekly but don't make any changes until you have three weeks to make an accurate assessment.

Khane

You don't need that much protein...
You don't NEED to eat the way most people in this thread suggest to lose weight. This thread can be very scary for someone who just wants to lose weight and be healthier in general. The level of detail some people suggest taking your diet to is daunting. It's almost like it should be renamed "The Health Nut Thread" half the time.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
1 - 2 tbsp of coconut oil per pound of body weight a day for maximum fat loss and muscle gain.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Gaming Ghost>
Isn't Ossoi the coconut oil dude? Makes sense.
I'm also the guy that's cut his body fat more than half this year and is presently sitting at 10.9% body fat.

Yeah, maybe my protein was a bit off in that post... I typically eat 300g+ per day and thought that was considered high.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Gaming Ghost>

Start off with 2600 as your maintenance figure. If you want to guarantee fast weight loss then eat 1800 (30%) calories on a rest day and 2300 (-10%) calories on a workout day. If you lose more than 1lb a week over 3 weeks then you know 2600 is a bit low.