Weight Loss Thread

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I doubt he did it while squatting, it's just affecting him most during his squats.

I have the same issue, especially when I low bar. Like Khane, I'm "working through it." In reality I need to see a fucking PT and do some corrective exercises.

My left shoulder will literally burn after a set sometimes, it's pretty terrible. No issues high bar or front squatting. Issues with OHP, not benching. So yeah.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Sounds like an impingement. That's exactly what happened to my shoulder and I ignored it and "worked through the pain" for a few years until I couldn't even put a coat on correctly anymore. Had to use my other arm to slide the coat sleeve up and onto my bum arm. Needed surgery.

How the hell did you do that with squats though? It's more likely you did it with chest or shoulder exercises than on squats. Arm exercises could have easily fucked it up too because most tricep and bicep exercises put a lot of stress on shoulders, especially if not done correctly.
It literally just started a day after my workout so I don't think it is anything medically serious I probably just tweaked it. I'm taking a few days off from doing anything to see if it gets better. Its not like a gradual slide into pain it was absent prior to my workout then showed up the day after.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It literally just started a day after my workout so I don't think it is anything medically serious I probably just tweaked it. I'm taking a few days off from doing anything to see if it gets better. Its not like a gradual slide into pain it was absent prior to my workout then showed up the day after.
That's how injuries happen. I don't know what's wrong with you, obviously I'm not a doctor. But mine was a "fine today, fucked tomorrow" kinda thing and I ignored it and it got progressively worse.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I lost just over 3 lbs this week. Not bad at all with Thanksgiving thrown into the mix. That means I'm down over 13 lbs since starting. My clothes fit much better and I feel a lot better. My wife and I are doing this together and both of our sex drives are way up. Bonus :)

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I agree that using a single source when it comes to exercise and nutrition generally isn't a good idea. Do you have a recommendation for someone else I should be paying attention to as well?
Amazon.co.uk: Nick Mitchell: Books, Biogs, Audiobooks, Discussions

I have his latest book on pre order, he runs a chain of Personal Training gyms that has expanded from 2 gyms in London to gyms in Asia and one in Spain.Best Personal Trainer London | City of London | Mayfair

The best way to judge someone is by the results they help their clients achieve and UP definitely get results, if I lived in London then I would probably train there. Worth checking out his blog tooBest Personal Trainer London | City of London | Mayfair

Khane

This DDP yoga routine is really helping my shoulders and I can actually lift again, including OHP without any issues. Just finished week 6 back at the gym and week 2 of the low carb diet.

Down 8 lbs in the last 2 weeks.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
DDP Yoga kicks all sorts of ass. Well right up to the point I had my heart attack. Not done it since and I am getting fat again but I am too scared to push to hard until my next cardiologist visit. Also Gravy's story scared the shit out of me since I was at 15% EF.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
DDP Yoga is great. I haven't done any of the extreme discs, just the normal workouts. It is great for rest days on my schedule. Gets the blood flowing and keeps me flexible.

It is the one constant through my weight loss journey. I started with DDP and will most likely always be doing it in some form.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When doing presses, especially overhead/incline, make sure the weights aren't in a perfect line across your body. That position closes your shoulder, giving your rotator no room to operate. Open your hands up slightly to give your rotator more room to move.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I gave my shoulder a week off. It still didn't feel great going into today's workout but I think the workout helped relieve some of it. I'm actually starting to think it maybe more something to do with my muscle connecting the shoulder and neck because when I had the squat bar on it the pain went away completely. So I may try and massage out the kink. It does feel better now, though.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Support muscles are some of the most easily injured. If you aren't already, when the pain goes away I would work with more free weights and get the non-primary muscles some work. This may alleviate your issues, and help to prevent further ones.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I gave my shoulder a week off. It still didn't feel great going into today's workout but I think the workout helped relieve some of it. I'm actually starting to think it maybe more something to do with my muscle connecting the shoulder and neck because when I had the squat bar on it the pain went away completely. So I may try and massage out the kink. It does feel better now, though.
I don't know how common this practice is, so forgive me if this is insultingly obvious, but I use a lacrosse ball to work out knots in my muscles, especially in my shoulders and back. (In case you were wondering, I find tennis balls are too soft and golf balls are too small and hard). You look kind of silly, like a bear scratching himself on a tree, when you're working out the knots, but it is super effective. I picked one up off of amazon for less than $10 with shipping.

Basically, if I have an aching muscle (almost always my shoulder/neck area) I put the ball between that muscle group and a wall and roll it around with firm pressure until I feel a knot. With the knot located, I roll back and forth in every direction (this ranges from exquisitely delightful to a nauseatingly painful) until I feel like it's sufficiently worked out. For my legs and easier to reach places I use a foam roller, but those are a bit more expensive.

Anyway, give it a shot if you haven't. That lacrosse ball made dumbbell shoulder flys possible for me for the first time in ten years.

Khane

What the shit are dummbell shoulder flys? A lat raise?
2.-standing-dumbbell-flye-30-best-shoulder-exercises-of-all-time-shoulders.jpg

Khane

It's called both a fly or a lat raise. Itlan is just being obtuse.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Calling me fat bro?

I've never heard it called that. WHICH IS WHY I ASKED. Sheesh.