Weight Loss Thread

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I problem is viewing weight loss like a math problem. The issue is that emotions play heavily into factor here. If someone simply can't give up carbs they need to find another solution instead of trying to advocate it as "the one true path" to weight loss. Often times for individuals the best diet and weight loss plan is the one that works for them.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can give up most carbs but I love my Paleo Pancake or a sweet potato after lifting. I can't imagine not eating something like that after a good lift!

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I can give up most carbs but I love my Paleo Pancake or a sweet potato after lifting. I can't imagine not eating something like that after a good lift!
If your goal is fat loss then that's the optimal time to be eating carbs

It really is funny reading a keto-zealot forum like /r/ketogains (the keto idiots I referred to earlier), especially when they reply to posts that say "Just started keto and feel sluggish in the gym and my lifts went down" then to see them reply "YEAH YOU HAVE TO WAIT 6 weeks TO GET FAT ADAPTED". Wait, so I have to endure six weeks of feeling like shit at the gym just because you say carbs make you fat? Ok then idiots

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Stop throwing shade, bro.
To cut a long story short, I had a housewarming BBQ over Summer and ended up throwing out a friend of a friend. His excuse for the behaviour that prompted me to eject him was that I "had been throwing shade all day", first time I'd ever heard that expression

Khane

Got something right about marriage
aaaand that's where we can all stop reading.

Have a good one, Himeo. Hope Santa brought you lots of piss strips so you can check your ketones, you wierdo.
You're really wrong on this Bisi. Ketogenic diets work, have been around for far longer than you're apparent "fad" estimation (they've been used to treat epilepsy in children since the 1920s) and are perfectly healthy if you do them correctly.

I'm assuming you've never actually read up on them and just assume it means bacon and mayonnaise all day, which is apparent by your bacon comment.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Keto worked for me to lose the last 20 lbs. My sticking point was around the 200lb mark. And keto was the thing that broke this platou. But most of my diet was low carb in the beginning probably in the order of 100-150g per day. Starting weight 270, right now im at 190, thats 80 lbs lost in less than 6 months and holding at 190 for the past 3 mos on a low carb diet <100g per day. Pretty satisfied with 190 for my height at 6'2" No calorie counting, no exercise none of that shit save a few months of lifting. Went from 38-40 waist size to a 32-34 right now.

My numbers are fucking excellent too. This past Nov got my blood drawn for work insurance shit and im heathier now than probably since my 20s. My doc said whatever Im doing to do more of because the shit is working. Cut my risk of heart issues by 100% since last year. Oh and lets not forget my blood pressure, That shit was my plague since my early 30s, finally under control and no meds. Before it was around 200/95

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A guy is just sitting in a deadlift/squat rack doing fuck all and a girl sounds like some dude is pounding her vag every time she does a rep. Fuck January.

BruuceWarduck_sl

shitlord
Was dreading going to the gym yesterday and trying to work arms and stuff but the weight lifting area was pretty much BAU. I think the 3 story planet fitness that opened a mile down the road got all the new year, new me people thank god

Sloshed

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well I've decided to get back in shape after a rough year. I'm as heavy as I have ever been in my life at 281 now but I think I finally got my head back on straight. I've lost weight in the past and have a pretty good idea how to do it but the mental toll of getting started is such a drain. I've done insanity in the past and cleaned up my diet and got down to 203 where I was fairly happy with but I'm 5 years older now and the thought of doing something as extreme as insanity sounds awful.

I started sunday trying to meal prep my food for the week and boy did that turn into an adventure. I guess I'll try and do a little at a time and try and pick up some recipes here and there and see how it goes. Pretty overwhelming atm. The problem I'm afraid of is when the weather turns nice again and I'm constantly on the go again that I fall back into that habit of just grabbing some quick fast food. Wish me luck I'll let you know how it goes.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Well I've decided to get back in shape after a rough year. I'm as heavy as I have ever been in my life at 281 now but I think I finally got my head back on straight. I've lost weight in the past and have a pretty good idea how to do it but the mental toll of getting started is such a drain. I've done insanity in the past and cleaned up my diet and got down to 203 where I was fairly happy with but I'm 5 years older now and the thought of doing something as extreme as insanity sounds awful.

I started sunday trying to meal prep my food for the week and boy did that turn into an adventure. I guess I'll try and do a little at a time and try and pick up some recipes here and there and see how it goes. Pretty overwhelming atm. The problem I'm afraid of is when the weather turns nice again and I'm constantly on the go again that I fall back into that habit of just grabbing some quick fast food. Wish me luck I'll let you know how it goes.
After you eat relatively clean for a while, the very thought of fast food will make you ill. You'll get there. Be strong!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The easiest thing to prep is to just buy some broccoli, brown rice (basmati is ok too), and chicken breasts. It takes all of 30-45 minutes to prep and cook, then you just portion it out into tupperware.

Some people do the full 7 days but I feel after 3 or 4 days the chicken is turning nasty.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
My wife makes a really tasty quinoa and siracha chicken stuff every so often that is pretty prepable. It has some pretty big flavor. The sauce is olive oil and siracha and depending on the ratios it can get pretty hot. I personally hate the standard-issue meal prep that seems completely devoid of flavor. I'd trade a few calories for not wanting to kill myself eating the same bland shit every day.

Also first Raising Canes of the new year. I wonder how much places with the "unhealthy and don't care" attitude suffer after the New Year. Holidays made me drop weight since I couldn't get to the gym. Back down below 150.

Sloshed

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well this first week will be trying. I'm cutting alcohol out completely after being drunk for roughly 5 days of the week for the past year. Reason is a whole different thread topic but anyway I'm on day 4 without a drink but this will be easy for me. My next step I hope to conquer is cutting out my caffeine intake. I honestly consume on average 10-12 dt mt dew a day. I had 4 yesterday and will be trying to cycle this down to zero as my body starts to detox from all the crap I've been feeding it. Headaches already and feel like shit but I'll get there.