Weight Loss Thread

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
now im googling. I've been stalled at 190-195 (5'8") for a while now... ready to jump into the latest fad diet to try to push down to 15% bodyfat (or ideally lower).
Give it a try. The app is really good. So if you do it, get the app.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I've had days where i weigh myself right b4 i take a nap (scale is on the bathroom like most, easy access), take a 3hour nap, wake up 2lbs lighter. Did i fuckin sweat this water weight off?, i'm 195, so it's not like i'm made of water.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've had days where i weigh myself right b4 i take a nap (scale is on the bathroom like most, easy access), take a 3hour nap, wake up 2lbs lighter. Did i fuckin sweat this water weight off?, i'm 195, so it's not like i'm made of water.
you breathed it out, actually. There is a lot of water in your breath. your body also continues sweating and processing urine while you sleep.

Why do I lose weight while I sleep? | HowStuffWorks

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
2lbs in 3 hours seems like a lot, but overnight and including a piss in the morning, that's about what I tend to lose. And it's not just water that you're breathing out, but carbon dioxide as well.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Down about 10 pounds on the latte and no french fry diet, my metabolism hasnt shit out as much as I thought it had now that I'm conscious of just how many bullshit calories I was taking in with sides and soft drinks.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Yea, medium fries are like 250-300 cal, and medium soda or coffee is often 200ish as well. Cutting both out over a week will burn 1-2 lbs.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Coffee is only about 5 calories if you drink it black, so it's not the coffee that's the issue. It's all the milk/creamers/sugar/other crap people put in the coffee.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This ends up being about 8oz of 2% milk and keeps me dancing for about 4 hours so it's a win overall prob

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I just forced myself to drink black coffee over and over to the point that I prefer it now.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Coffee is only about 5 calories if you drink it black, so it's not the coffee that's the issue. It's all the milk/creamers/sugar/other crap people put in the coffee.
Yea, and diet soda is generally 0 calories. The more popularly consumed version of the product is full of sugar.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I just forced myself to drink black coffee over and over to the point that I prefer it now.
Not to be a coffee snob but I feel most people who hate black coffee buy garbage coffee. Get yourself a grinder and don't buy folgers garbage.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Not to be a coffee snob but I feel most people who hate black coffee buy garbage coffee. Get yourself a grinder and don't buy folgers garbage.
I buy Starbucks French roast because I have no idea about coffee quality and just like the extreme bitterness, and I grind My own and do cold brew.

I am thinking about trying different brands, and recently read that blonde roasts actually have more caffeine, so I may try that.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Snob away, but don't tease me with the deets. What would recommend for someone who wants to learn to love black coffee?

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Just start drinking it and deal with the fact that you don't need to flavor coffee because you're not a five year old. In the end you'll come to prefer it.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Snob away, but don't tease me with the deets. What would recommend for someone who wants to learn to love black coffee?
I drink stumptown but that's cause it's everywhere and local here. Probably best to start with something medium flavor so it's not overpoweringly bitter.

lindz

#DDs
Just start drinking it and deal with the fact that you don't need to flavor coffee because you're not a five year old. In the end you'll come to prefer it.
Fuck that. I'll stay five years old so I can have my vanilla lattes. Also this is why I only drink coffee like once a week anymore.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I kinda feel like anything you have to "just get used to it tasting like shit" you should probably just skip.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Well you've picked your battle. I get it. you can, however, switch to black, drink it whenever you wish and ultimately it will make vanilla lattes somewhat gross by comparison. Fifey is right, cream and sweetener are for masking bad coffee.

I'm no coffee snob either. I'll drink the hell out of 7-11 coffee.