Weight Loss Thread

splorge

Silver Knight of the Realm
I dont have this problem. The things my doctor has me take every day contain...

3,340 IU Vitamin A
100mg Vitamin C
680 IU VItamin D
140 IU Vitamin E
32mg Thiamin
6mg Riboflavin
40mg Niacin
36mg Vitamin B6
1,000µg Folate
134µg Vitamin B12
260µg Biotin
130mg Pantothenic Acid
1,294mg Calcium
78µg Iodine
2,308mg Omega-3 (EPA)
1,052mg Omega-3 (DHA)
100mg Potassium
600mg Magnesium
40mg Zinc

I stopped taking a multivitamin after several huge studies pretty conclusively determined there was no benefits, and likely an increase in cancer risk. Here is the link to an article if anyone is interested.

The Vitamin Myth: Why We Think We Need Supplements

I do stilll take vitamin D and fish oil daily though.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
But smoothies are healthy, so if I grind my multivitamin up in a smoothie it's ok right? :D

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yea just a little spazzery. Mostly notice it when trying to sleep. I have a couple cups of tea + 3 pints of that watery stuff a day. That should be enough right?

I didn't mention it before but I often have a very heavy heartbeat. Not fast or irregular, just very ... poundy? That has actually gotten better over time. It was a constant annoyance when I first started.

Related to the heartbeat, monitor how much caffeine you are taking in and be conscious of your overall stress levels. I never went to a doctor for my 'issue', but when I was more overweight pre-diet / pre-exercise one of the items I wanted to address was what I would describe as an irregular heavy heartbeat or almost skipping a beat. Thinking back on it, I feel dumb for not bringing it up to a doctor but that is neither here nor there.

Keto and exercise (and quitting that job) helped immensely with the heartbeat problem. I am not sure when I stopped having the problem, but is is years later now and I haven't thought about it in some time. I would guess 3 - 6 months was a noticeable improvement.

I cannot speak to twitchy legs. For me, I associate low electrolytes with food craving as the trigger. If I think I am hungry now I will usually have some broth and wait. Most of the time I think I just needed some liquid and / or salt. I never noticed a benefit from taking potassium (but eat a lot of avocados) and do take ZMA from time to time, but not regularly.

Last edited:

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Related to the heartbeat, monitor how much caffeine you are taking in and be conscious of your overall stress levels. I never went to a doctor for my 'issue', but when I was more overweight pre-diet / pre-exercise one of the items I wanted to address was what I would describe as an irregular heavy heartbeat or almost skipping a beat. Thinking back on it, I feel dumb for not bringing it up to a doctor but that is neither here nor there.

Keto and exercise (and quitting that job) helped immensely with the heartbeat problem. I am not sure when I stopped having the problem, but is is years later now and I haven't thought about it in some time. I would guess 3 - 6 months was a noticeable improvement.

I cannot speak to twitchy legs. For me, I associate low electrolytes with food craving as the trigger. If I think I am hungry now I will usually have some broth and wait. Most of the time I think I just needed some liquid and / or salt. I never noticed a benefit from taking potassium (but eat a lot of avocados) and do take ZMA from time to time, but not regularly.

Restless Leg Syndrome is real.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
any of you been to Orange Theory? Just left my first class. Pretty intense. I'm going to join.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
this reminded me more of the workout when I was boxing. I think cross fit digs a little deeper into weights and pullups and such. but the class was themed around endurance so I havent hit the power days or anything yet.

They also use heart rate monitors and push you into different zones. There are screens you can look at to see what your heart rate is and what zone you're in. So lots of interval type stuff

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Bros I found these in the store:

Non-GMO Low Carb Tortillas Archives - La Tortilla Factory

This is what has been missing. Holy fuckballs. They taste just fine. 3g of carbs per tortilla. For someone who grew up in Texas and has viewed tortillas as a diet staple for my entire life, going without was hard to adapt to. Now, shit is ON. I got the whole wheat ones because that is what they had, made soft tacos, they were glorious. Making quesadillas this weekend. I've never been so excited about a mass produced grocery product before.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Bros I found these in the store:

Non-GMO Low Carb Tortillas Archives - La Tortilla Factory

This is what has been missing. Holy fuckballs. They taste just fine. 3g of carbs per tortilla. For someone who grew up in Texas and has viewed tortillas as a diet staple for my entire life, going without was hard to adapt to. Now, shit is ON. I got the whole wheat ones because that is what they had, made soft tacos, they were glorious. Making quesadillas this weekend. I've never been so excited about a mass produced grocery product before.

45 calories per tortilla is not bad at all. Thats pretty tight.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I have had those. They are terrible and nothing like a regular tortilla. chaos is leading you all astray.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
giphy.gif

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I was going to post that corn tortillas are also carb free, but then I realized I was confusing gluten free and carb free because they are both things I hate.

sonicmaster

Molten Core Raider
I'm 1.90m and went from 98kg to 75kg quite fast. But I have 2 problems:

1- there's still a little belly fat that doesn't want to go away! I love the way I look except for that bump below the bellybutton. How do I get rid of this?
2- the skin on my belly looks a little flappy. Completely unnoticeable when I'm standing but if I sit or bend over it folds ugly... I wasn't counting on this, 98kg with 1.90 I looked just a little overweight...nothing even close to pre-obese! And now if I try to loose even more fat on the belly will it look worse? If I try to gain muscle in that area will it fix it?

cypis

Lord Nagafen Raider
1. You can't target fat loss. The only way you can get rid of it is to lose more weight. Not sure that's a good idea though, seeing as you're probably allready in full blown skelly mode considering your height and weight.
2. You probably lost the weight too fast and your skin didn't really get the chance to readjust properly. Building a stronger core will definitely help in the area.

sonicmaster

Molten Core Raider
1Not sure that's a good idea though, seeing as you're probably allready in full blown skelly mode considering your height and weight

Not really. At least I don't think so. According to body mass indexes there still some weight to lose and still be in the normal weight. Not really sure what to do.
This could be a silly question but...building muscle below the belly fat wont make it stand out even more?

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I'm 1.90m and went from 98kg to 75kg quite fast. But I have 2 problems:

1- there's still a little belly fat that doesn't want to go away! I love the way I look except for that bump below the bellybutton. How do I get rid of this?
2- the skin on my belly looks a little flappy. Completely unnoticeable when I'm standing but if I sit or bend over it folds ugly... I wasn't counting on this, 98kg with 1.90 I looked just a little overweight...nothing even close to pre-obese! And now if I try to loose even more fat on the belly will it look worse? If I try to gain muscle in that area will it fix it?

Are you sure that area is actually fat? Some people's bellies are shaped differently and not everyone will get that perfectly flat washboard belly you see models have, even when they are ripped. Is the bulge below your belly button actually a fat deposit or just how your abdomen is shaped?

If it actually is fat then the only options are lose more fat or liposuction. The whole targeted fat loss thing does not work.