Weight Loss Thread

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Clothing difference could also play a part. I always weigh myself in the exact same pair of shorts using the same scale. But yeah; poop and water are the almost 100% guaranteed parts of that weightloss. 2000 calories is still a deficit for you (and a moderately substantial one at that, given your relative activity level) so that pays into it as well.

Either way, hey, you're still making progress?

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Last Saturdays weigh in is at 245lb. So down 65lb since July 16. 25lb to go then I start eating a bit more normal, and 45lb to go before I start eating 100% normal. Hoping to be 230 by christmas.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Clothing difference could also play a part. I always weigh myself in the exact same pair of shorts using the same scale. But yeah; poop and water are the almost 100% guaranteed parts of that weightloss. 2000 calories is still a deficit for you (and a moderately substantial one at that, given your relative activity level) so that pays into it as well.

Either way, hey, you're still making progress?

Gotta weigh butt ass naked

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well first of all, if you're going to weigh in, it needs to be the same time, same day, same clothing at each weigh in.

What works best for me when cutting is weighing in every morning (either pre or post-piss) before the gym in my boxers. My typical weight loss is .2 per pound per day when cutting. I realize most people can't do this, so pick a time, day, and check-in weekly or bi-weekly.

You also need to understand that your body will do everything it can to hold onto weight. The occasional "whoosh" will happen, where you drop 3-4+ pounds out of nowhere, ESPECIALLY if you've been stalling and know you're dialed in. It has to do with the absorption of water in your molecules and the way your body holds fat, I don't feel like explaining it, but nonetheless they will happen from time to time. Your body doesn't simply say "oh 3500 calories less, time to drop a pound." It rarely works that way, ESPECIALLY if you're not in good shape.

Don't focus on the scale too much.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Still at 190-195 fatasses.

134.jpg

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Well first of all, if you're going to weigh in, it needs to be the same time, same day, same clothing at each weigh in.

What works best for me when cutting is weighing in every morning (either pre or post-piss) before the gym in my boxers. My typical weight loss is .2 per pound per day when cutting. I realize most people can't do this, so pick a time, day, and check-in weekly or bi-weekly.

You also need to understand that your body will do everything it can to hold onto weight. The occasional "whoosh" will happen, where you drop 3-4+ pounds out of nowhere, ESPECIALLY if you've been stalling and know you're dialed in. It has to do with the absorption of water in your molecules and the way your body holds fat, I don't feel like explaining it, but nonetheless they will happen from time to time. Your body doesn't simply say "oh 3500 calories less, time to drop a pound." It rarely works that way, ESPECIALLY if you're not in good shape.

Don't focus on the scale too much.

I weigh in butt ass naked after I show every morning. I'm still under 335 and it never came back. I'll take it.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So just got my numbers back from annual visit for work and insurance reasons.

43 yr old male, 3 yrs ago, pre diabetic.

@2yrs of pretty much keto diet...

TC-173
HDL-70
TRG-212
LDL-61
non-HDL-103
TC/HDL-2.5
A1C-5.0

First year my HDL was higher than LDL, my chances of heart attack over the next 10 yrs...0.9% on some app the doc plugged in my numbers.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Closing in on 100 lbs since May 15th(91 lbs so far). Going to have a lot more fun with the next 100, belee dat.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
Need a suggestion on something that will help with appetite. I have always ate a lot and I mean a lot. I remember in college one time I was tailgating with football players from a big ten team and I ate them all under the table. I'm 6'0 225lbs ...my fighting weight should be around 185lbs. Last year at Newyears made resolution to lose weight. I'm still at the same weight I was last year. Every diet I go after a few weeks people start looking like walking chicken legs to me. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Need a suggestion on something that will help with appetite. I have always ate a lot and I mean a lot. I remember in college one time I was tailgating with football players from a big ten team and I ate them all under the table. I'm 6'0 225lbs ...my fighting weight should be around 185lbs. Last year at Newyears made resolution to lose weight. I'm still at the same weight I was last year. Every diet I go after a few weeks people start looking like walking chicken legs to me. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

One of the biggest helping factors for me was learning the difference between hunger and not being full. Others are hydration and not trying to cut every calorie right away, start slow, start with what you can handle. Don't just cut out 1000 calories per day and hope you won't notice.

Another option is to eat similar amounts of food, just change the type. I am a volume eater at heart and sometimes I just want to eat all the food. Now days that means stuffing my face with all sorts of green veggies like spinach, cucumber, zuchinni, etc. Not very many calories, but a boat load of food. On the protein side you could experiment with 'protein fluff' as a good volume meal.

In the end, I generally gravitate towards a ketogenic diet. Keeps me full, I eat tasty food, cravings go down, no blood sugar spikes, etc. It doesn't work for everyone, but I encourage most folks to give it a try for 4 - 6 weeks (to get to full fat adaption, not just the flu) and see how they feel at least once in their lives.

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
I understand what you are saying. I tend towards feeling a ketogenic diet is best for me as well but it still ends up being this thing where I get hungrier and hungrier as time goes on. I eat a ton of vegetables. I just ate a tub full of salad but I feel like for me to make the change permanent I need something to cope with the hunger.

Many years ago I had hit 210 and did do ketogenic diet and got back down to 185lbs. Some how it feels my hunger is more pronounced now that when I was younger.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk

I feel your pain. If you ever read the fast food thread, you'll see that most people here don't understand what it's like to have a truly voracious appetite with the ability to eat pretty much endlessly.

I don't know if you're a coffee drinker, but black coffee helps me a ton. The caffeine works pretty well as a strong appetite suppressant. I drink coffee with pretty much every meal, and throughout the day.

The other thing I've found to work is to continue eating massive volumes of food, but switch that to super low calorie food. For example, it's not uncommon for me to eat a pound of ground turkey with a pound of veggies mixed in for dinner. So two pounds of food in one sitting. A typical snack might be a pound of green beans with some seasoning. All told, it's a massive amount of food, but in terms of calories it's much more manageable than eating high calorie foods and it keeps your stomach full, so the voracious appetite doesn't hit quite as strongly.

I've never liked the advice of eating lots of small meals throughout the day, because once I start eating my appetite starts raging, and it's hard to stop until I physically have no room left in my stomach.

*Edit* I just saw the post you made, I definitely frown on salad. Anything that's made up of mostly lettuce isn't going to make a dent in your massive appetite. Eat veggies with much higher volume, like green beans, broccoli, carrots, etc.

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
Well I have to admit I avoid caffeine. Perhaps I'll try using some in the morning. Most chemicals seem to have a pronounced effect on me. I can't stand coffee. I'm not sure why but it tastes incredible bitter to me. Didn't know salad was that bad for you.

I totally get where you are coming from on the small meals. I am an excellent cook. Typically the hour or so I spend preparing food I am nawing on something the whole time and then we sit down and I eat another full meal.

All right Ill try the switch to cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, edamame..etc.

sonicmaster

Molten Core Raider
Typically the hour or so I spend preparing food I am nawing on something the whole time
This is terrible man. I've seen on a documentary sometime ago that people who do that wreck their diets right there, not on the main course. Try switching from high carb food to high protein/fat. Fat helps controlling the appetite better while carbs get you hooked.

Caliane

you sound like me. hungry. all the time.
I even drink a ton of water. far more then average people. and tea.

Aside from the biking/running exercise, I found the best thing I did to drop the weight was Protein shakes for lunch. They were much more effective in satisfying hunger, and getting me to dinner then anything else. Then possibly another after dinner/evening, when I get hungry again 9ish.