Weight Loss Thread

Binkles_sl

shitlord
I think those suggested dates are pretty conservative.
It's from a government institution, so the ranges are likely rather conservative to ensure public safety. Having worked in food service in another life, the stringency in the guidelines would appear to be the lower limits. I'd use it for a rough guidelines as the life of food in your fridge is definitely shorter than what most people seem to expect; although, freezing food appears to make it nearly immortal. Time for chili highlander.

Loki_sl

shitlord
Yeah, I've been eating stuff past those suggested dates for my entire life. Stuff like an open package of lunch meat for 5 - 7 days. Hell, I'm pretty sure I've eaten pizza that was more than a week old on at least a few occasions. I've never had a problem. I think those suggested dates are pretty conservative.
You'll change your tune after the first bout of food poisoning. I made some egg drop soup with egg whites that were 2 days over the suggested time....never again

Binkles_sl

shitlord
You'll change your tune after the first bout of food poisoning. I made some egg drop soup with egg whites that were 2 days over the suggested time....never again
Food poisoning has taught me that I can vomit and shit at the same time, without getting anything on me. The process was rather trial and error. The first was sushi in Iowa. I knew better, but my rational was, "it wouldn't be on the menu if it poisoned people, right?" The second was Chinese in Minnesota. There was a refrigerator repair company outside the restaurant when we went it. But, being a relatively high-end-ish Chinese restaurant, we assumed that regardless of the refrigerator situation, they wouldn't serve poor product. That assumption was wrong. The texture of the chicken was off and most of the food was not nearly as tasty as normal. 24 hours of shitting and vomiting later, I think I've learned to be more suspicious -- for now.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I've pretty regularly tossed some chicken breasts on my Foreman grill that had been in the fridge past the best before date AND smelled fairly terrible. Can't really think of the last time I've gotten any sort of noticeable food poisoning. My digestive system is the boss.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think there's a difference between a cooked chicken breast sitting in a container, and fucking egg whites. NEVER. FUCK. WITH. EGGS. OR. MILK.

Df~_sl

shitlord
I wouldnt eat a poorly cooked egg that was fresh, but have little fear of a properly cooked egg thats been sitting on the counter for a week. Though I wouldnt touch uncooked eggwhites left in the fridge... at all :p

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
The fucking worst is a rotten egg, because you often can't tell the yolk has gone over. I generally fry my eggs sunny side up, and dip my toast in the yolk. Nothing like taking a big bite of rotten egg on toast to start your day off right.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I just overheard a conversation by two coworkers that sums up why most Americans are fat fucks. They're both really fat,at least200 pounds and only 5'3 - 5'5. They've been trying to lose weight by eating "healthy" food recently, and today the fatter of the two was eating a reduced fat blueberry muffin from Dunkin Donuts. The other coworker saw this and made a comment about how healthy it was to eat a reduced fat blueberry muffin. The fatter one agreed and said at least she wasn't eating a donut.

Of course, she'd be better off eating a donut because the vast majority of them at Dunkin Donuts have over 100 calories LESS than a reduced fat blueberry muffin. But it's got blueberries and it says "reduced fat" so it must be a healthy option for losing weight!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
BECAUSE EATING FAT MAKES YOU FAT AMIRITE? Just slap their heads together.

I hate americans. FUCK. I'm overweight but at least I'm educated.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just overheard a conversation by two coworkers that sums up why most Americans are fat fucks. They're both really fat,at least200 pounds and only 5'3 - 5'5. They've been trying to lose weight by eating "healthy" food recently, and today the fatter of the two was eating a reduced fat blueberry muffin from Dunkin Donuts. The other coworker saw this and made a comment about how healthy it was to eat a reduced fat blueberry muffin. The fatter one agreed and said at least she wasn't eating a donut.

Of course, she'd be better off eating a donut because the vast majority of them at Dunkin Donuts have over 100 calories LESS than a reduced fat blueberry muffin. But it's got blueberries and it says "reduced fat" so it must be a healthy option for losing weight!
Sometimes I wonder how some people are so fucking fat, and then you hear a story like this.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
In other news, instead of weights my trainer had me doing modified strongman training all week (3 sessions). Result was a drop of 1.5% body fat from last week, despite going out at the weekend and drinking excessive amounts of cider and soda, plus Dominoes the next day. He reckons it's going to catch up with me next week so we'll see.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
You dropped 2-3 pounds of fat in a week without starving yourself (assuming you're somewhere around 150-200lbs)? That's the equivalent of having a deficit of ~10,000 calories in a single week, or about 1,500 a day. Stop and ask yourself if you think that's realistic.

Celebrindal

Golden Squire
Fat, out of shape people who give advice is nails on a chalkboard for me.

A while ago, I was drinking a protein shake outside of my former job, and a co-worker came up to me. Convo went sorta like this:

Her: What's that, a shake?
Me: Yeah, protein shake
Her: Oh, those don't really work, I tried them. Also, too much protein will hurt your kidneys
Me: No, not really. It works though, especially when I don't have time to cook all my meals throughout the day.
Her: Well, that stuff will kill you, be careful
Me: I will, thanks. ::watches as she totes along a big greasy bag of 5 Guys, eating her way through 5lbs of Fries to get to her burger while she walks to the back::

I also had this one
Fatgirl2 is a 5'2" 200lbs+ woman.
Fatgirl2: Oh what's that, a protein shake?
Me: Yep, like usual. You guys see me drink this every day.
Fatgirl2: Ah. Where do you get it from?
Me: Walmart, $15. Takes me about 4 days to go through a tub.
Fatgirl2: Oh, that's not as good as mine. I spend $80 on my 2lbs tub.
Me: That's absolutely insane. Trust me, I doubt there is much difference between what I buy and what you do.
Fatgirl2: Oh it's legit, everyone I know swears by it.
Me: How long have you been taking it?
Fatgirl2: Oh about a year and a half
Me: Ah. Well good luck with that.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Fat, out of shape people who give advice is nails on a chalkboard for me.

A while ago, I was drinking a protein shake outside of my former job, and a co-worker came up to me. Convo went sorta like this:

Her: What's that, a shake?
Me: Yeah, protein shake
Her: Oh, those don't really work, I tried them. Also, too much protein will hurt your kidneys
Me: No, not really. It works though, especially when I don't have time to cook all my meals throughout the day.
Her: Well, that stuff will kill you, be careful
Me: I will, thanks. ::watches as she totes along a big greasy bag of 5 Guys, eating her way through 5lbs of Fries to get to her burger while she walks to the back::

I also had this one
Fatgirl2 is a 5'2" 200lbs+ woman.
Fatgirl2: Oh what's that, a protein shake?
Me: Yep, like usual. You guys see me drink this every day.
Fatgirl2: Ah. Where do you get it from?
Me: Walmart, $15. Takes me about 4 days to go through a tub.
Fatgirl2: Oh, that's not as good as mine. I spend $80 on my 2lbs tub.
Me: That's absolutely insane. Trust me, I doubt there is much difference between what I buy and what you do.
Fatgirl2: Oh it's legit, everyone I know swears by it.
Me: How long have you been taking it?
Fatgirl2: Oh about a year and a half
Me: Ah. Well good luck with that.
Out of curiosity, what brand protein? 2 lb tub of ON 100% whey runs me about 25 bucks and last me about 2 weeks. Speaking from a nutritional stand point was about the best I have found. Been using it for a few years now so my research may be dated.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
You dropped 2-3 pounds of fat in a week without starving yourself (assuming you're somewhere around 150-200lbs)? That's the equivalent of having a deficit of ~10,000 calories in a single week, or about 1,500 a day. Stop and ask yourself if you think that's realistic.
you're idiot

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It's alright, Eomer forgot to factor in the coconut oil. They don't have many coconuts up in moosejockey land.

Df~_sl

shitlord
Originally Posted by Eomer
you're idiot
Yeah Eomar, stop try use math. Hooman body am mystery. Trainer say am lose 1.5! It arr fact.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Yeah Eomar, stop try use math. Hooman body am mystery. Trainer say am lose 1.5! It arr fact.
Did I say anything about physical weight of fat I lost? No retards, I didn't - since when was % a measurement of weight?