Weight Loss Thread

Your body fat varies wildly though depending on when and how you measure it. If I go straight from bed to gym and do body comp with no food/activity/etc my bodyfat is 3% higher than if I were to measure it after a heavy workout when I've got a pump going. It's also different when loaded on creatine vs in ketosis.
You fucking mean to tell me that your water balance has an impact on the accuracy of calipers?

GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE. GET OSSOI IN HERE.

OSSOI YOU LAUGHED AT THIS! YOU LIED TO ME! KING POLIQUIN CAN'T BE WRONG!

But anyway, you don't need to cycle creatine Squigg. There's no benefit to doing so at all, your body doesn't become accustomed to it or anything.

Squiggoth

Golden Squire
I cycle off my supplement stack every 8-12 weeks (including pre workouts) and eat clean paleo to let my body chill for 2 weeks. Some of it is just a mental thing, but it also helps kick start my cutting cycle because if I don't change anything when I switch from bulking to cutting I tend to not change my eating habits.

For me it helps as a reset button and isn't a function of making sure I don't get too accustomed to creatine. I just stagger my training so I stagger my stack. I do however get benefits from laying off the pre-workouts for a couple weeks. "One" scoop gets bigger over time. Lol

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
You fucking mean to tell me that your water balance has an impact on the accuracy of calipers?.
As I said earlier, if my body fat is measured at the same time on the same day by the same guy with the same tools after 1 week of eating the same food and following the same exercise routine, how can my "water balance" be different to the week before and therefore affect the results?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
"If anyone else has an explanation for how my weight has stayed in a range of 78-82kg since February and the BF% readings have come down from 23% to 15.8% other than fat loss I would love to hear it, after all you all know so much more than me and my trainer"

Answer the question
Arkk still failing to answer the question, third time of asking now.

Celebrindal

Golden Squire
What's the backstory on the coconut oil hate? Coconut oil is probably the best oil I've ever used. The difference in taste when making eggs with it vs. olive oil is tremendous.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
What's the backstory on the coconut oil hate? Coconut oil is probably the best oil I've ever used. The difference in taste when making eggs with it vs. olive oil is tremendous.
I said that my trainer had recommended drinking a tbspoon of melted coconut oil before meals in order to speed up metabolism, someone posted that was retarded or negged me..after a week of doing it in addition to my normal diet and exercise routine my bf % was down 1% from the week before, I saw this as a fuck you justification to whoever negged me.....arkk and his cronies haven't let it go ever since.

And it's funny he's calling me an attention whore...last I checked this was a weight loss thread and it was only a few pages ago that someone was asking for progress updates, so I'm going to keep posting my progress and methods, the haters can eat my left over coconut oil

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
As I said earlier, if my body fat is measured at the same time on the same day by the same guy with the same tools after 1 week of eating the same food and following the same exercise routine, how can my "water balance" be different to the week before and therefore affect the results?
Try taking several body fat measurements on the same person, at the same time. They'll come out different. They're not a very accurate tool. I'm sure you've lost body fat, and I doubt anyone will argue that. But when people throw out 15.3% body fat, it's a load of shit. Even water displacement isn't that accurate. Really, body fat percentages are pretty worthless. Just use it as an estimate. Take some progress pictures and see if you look different. If you do, great. If not, try harder or change what you're doing.

I'm curious how tall you are, Squiggoth? You didn't seem all that big at 300+, and even at 236 you don't look like you're carrying a ridiculous amount of muscle. So I'm guessing you're like 6'3"+?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Try taking several body fat measurements on the same person, at the same time. They'll come out different. They're not a very accurate tool. I'm sure you've lost body fat, and I doubt anyone will argue that. But when people throw out 15.3% body fat, it's a load of shit. Even water displacement isn't that accurate. Really, body fat percentages are pretty worthless. Just use it as an estimate. Take some progress pictures and see if you look different. If you do, great. If not, try harder or change what you're doing.

I'm curious how tall you are, Squiggoth? You didn't seem all that big at 300+, and even at 236 you don't look like you're carrying a ridiculous amount of muscle. So I'm guessing you're like 6'3"+?
I don't think I ever argued they were scientifically accurate to the 99th percentile or whatever you want to call it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I don't think I ever argued they were scientifically accurate to the 99th percentile or whatever you want to call it.
I said that my trainer had recommended drinking a tbspoon of melted coconut oil before meals in order to speed up metabolism, someone posted that was retarded or negged me..after a week of doing it in addition to my normal diet and exercise routine my bf % was down 1% from the week before, I saw this as a fuck you justification to whoever negged me.....arkk and his cronies haven't let it go ever since.
rolleyes.png

Squiggoth

Golden Squire
Notice any performance hit when you were in ketosis? I was doing paleo diet for a few months which is low carb and got me into ketosis but I found I had to add in some carbs like sweet potatoes and oatmeal after a while doing it or my strength failed. Maybe I fucked it up though on the timing of eating or something. It worked really well for me initially though. I killed a lot of fat fast, then tapered off. I had to take a break.

I'll probably go back now and do ketosis and IF, it always works well for me in short bursts.
When i had a refeed (100g of extra carbs from sweet potatoes) on a weekend when i was plateauing that helped with the weight loss and fat loss. I'd bounce up and then bounce way back down and get back on the grind.

In terms of performance/etc, while i was getting fat-adapted i had to take preworkout and then an intraworkout supplement (either a preload of whey isolate, a slow-digesting starch carb, or BCAA's) to get through my heavier days.

After being in ketosis for months, i don't have a performance gap, but omfg if i have glycogen in me it's like crack cocaine in terms of how much energy i have.

Squiggoth

Golden Squire

I'm just shy of 6'4" but i have always carried my weight well. I've got a bit of skin that still needs to tighten up which will take some time, and then still have to lose a bit more on my gut.

Squiggoth

Golden Squire
I'll admit i didn't read most this thread so i dunno backstory, but week to week fluctuations are common. Over the long term trending is beneficial and you can see the results. My weight's stayed the same since early March but i've dropped ~4% more bodyfat. Is it 3%? or 2%? or 5%? Who knows. But i lost 4 inches on my waist and i needed to get a new belt after just 12 weeks so something changed. The actual number didn't matter to me, just how i looked and felt and how many women wanted to jump on my dick.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've never cooked eggs in oil, always butter (just the way my parents did it tbh). I've got two gallons of canola oil, should I start cooking with that instead of ze butter?

Celebrindal

Golden Squire
I never tried Canola oil in eggs, so I don't know how different the taste would be. Coconut oil doesn't leave the eggs with a greasy/oily feeling, and it doesn't alter the taste. Butter and olive oil change the taste and I don't prefer it.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Non stick pan = don't need anything. All oils fuck up the taste of eggs in my experience. Butter changes it, but not too much.

Or, poach them like a boss.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I like butter. Canola oil is the devil, so I'm told, because of how highly processed it is. They chemically extract the oil, bleach it, deodorize it an whatever else. Others say it's good because of low saturated fat and high omega 3's. Depends who you believe I guess. You can watch how it's made here:

I know this is controversial here but... I use coconut oil now and I like it for eggs. It really is good for cooking.