Weight Loss Thread

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Squigg, when you were getting into shape, what were your training days like? Working out 7 days a week? Cardio and Strength on same day? What type of cardio were you doing?

Really interested in what kind of weekly programme you underwent during the losing fat and building lean mass cycles

Squigg, when you were getting into shape, what were your training days like? Working out 7 days a week? Cardio and Strength on same day? What type of cardio were you doing?

Really interested in what kind of weekly programme you underwent during the losing fat and building lean mass cycles
Squigg probably learned a lot about himself but when you have a LOT to lose like he did, you can really do almost anything exercise wise. Find something you enjoy and do it. As long as that something isn't chess or magic the gathering. It has to be athletic.

He's in the minority with being on top of it as much as it he is/was.

Squiggoth

Golden Squire
Generally i have a repeating 6 months of training foci that was structured in cycles of stability/calisthenics, muscular endurance, hypertrophy, strength training, SAQ and interval training, power lifting.

For the first 8 months my week was like this:

Sunday - lower body strength training
Monday - core work and cardio (3-5 miles of interval running)
Tuesday - 60-90 minutes of spin class
Wednesday - rest day
Thursday - Upper body strength training
Friday/Saturday - one day of rest one day of bootcamp/Pilates

My cycle now is a 6 day split with basically 5 days of strength training with one day of Pilates/yoga and one day of rest. My strength days include HIIT cardio as part of a dynamic warm up and then a mobility wod.

These days I spend about 15hrs/ week in the gym which includes hot tub/sauna time

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I think it's just a matter of keeping in ketosis though to burn fat. I have my oatmeal in the morning so I'm kinda killing it then and there. It's fine for maintenance though but I'm still a few pounds away from stopping my cut.
I stopped caring about ketosis and stopped buying ketostix from the moment my trainer put me on the meat and nuts breakfast. I'm not sure whether the carbs in a daily portion of nuts are enough to throw me out of ketosis but like I said I haven't checked via sticks for months.

Squiggoth

Golden Squire
I can eat cheesecake and stay in ketosis. All depends on when you eat vs when you bust your ass. I haven't had breakfast in 5 months though. Intermediate fasting helps me on lots of areas and I just eat a big lunch

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think some people get way too involved with this shit. Just fucking eat right, exercise, and the pounds will come flying off. It is that fucking simple. Watch your calories, watch your macros, watch the weight fall off, watch the bitches come crawling, watch Game of Thrones. Simple rules to live by guys.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I think some people get way too involved with this shit. Just fucking eat right, exercise, and the pounds will come flying off. It is that fucking simple. Watch your calories, watch your macros, watch the weight fall off, watch the bitches come crawling, watch Game of Thrones. Simple rules to live by guys.
This. It isn't that difficult. Calories out > calories in = not a fat ass. Throw in some strength training, protein, etc. and you're golden. You don't have to be Mr. Fucking Universe to nail decent looking women. Just don't be a slob and you're good.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Day 10 on my new diet. I've got a mean craving for a pizza. Especially with the papa john's 50% off deal this week. This craving is out of control. I'd kill my parents for a slice of pepperoni pizza. I'd cut off my balls for a supreme.

Jesus Christ.

Fuck pizza.

Celebrindal

Golden Squire
Yeah it's about powering through that craving shit. I know the feeling. It takes about 20+ days shake it.

On the subject of before and after. Here is 08(280+) to now(185).
rrr_img_26091.jpg

rrr_img_26092.jpg

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
This pizza craving has been going on for more than eight fucking hours now and it's not going down. Shit is driving me crazy and it's not going away.

Squiggoth

Golden Squire
This pizza craving has been going on for more than eight fucking hours now and it's not going down. Shit is driving me crazy and it's not going away.
Himeo; i make this every 2 weeks for pizza cravings and it's fucking GOOD. Cook the "crust" for 16 minutes and be sure to let it sit between putting the toppings on and then let it sit 5-10 minutes after finishing baking.

http://sinorslim.com/meats/bacon-and...-pizza-recipe/

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I'm 6'2" and 185 and I look like a twig compared to him still. I think I'll need another year of lifting and 10-15lbs of muscle to look like Celebrindal. I'm also probably just south of 15% bf still because I'm too lazy to track my macros and balance them out. I'll try and get a duckface photo up though (some homo).

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I had dreams about coca-cola, subways and greasy pizza's when I first started on my diet...it gets easier, just got to stick with it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So just eat the pizza. Not the whole pizza, just a slice or two.

Seriously, by itself, what is wrong with eating pizza?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
This is about to sound gay as fuck, but here goes.

For pizza we do it a different way. We buy these oat bran & wheat wraps by a company called Josephs (not sure if local). Stack two on top of eachother and cook at 425 for 5 minutes. Pull them out, put on sauce and cheese (and whatever else) and cook for another 7 minutes. It's not the same as regular pizza, but it's like 5% of the carbs and one usually fills me up.

Otherwise sack up. It's just pizza dude. Every positive choice you make is a step towards your goal.

I've cut down to only diet soda once a day now, cut out all sugars (mostly), and trying to stay low carb. Lost a few pounds this week. Ended up pulling a muscle in my foot, so couldn't do much cardio for a few weeks. Back on the horse. Getting married in 3 months and feel like I'll look like a fat turd still.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Himeo; i make this every 2 weeks for pizza cravings and it's fucking GOOD. Cook the "crust" for 16 minutes and be sure to let it sit between putting the toppings on and then let it sit 5-10 minutes after finishing baking.

http://sinorslim.com/meats/bacon-and...-pizza-recipe/
Totally gonna make this tonight! Gonna substitute the bison and bacon for peppers, onions and mushrooms. I'll let you know how it works out.

spronk

FPS noob
So just eat the pizza. Not the whole pizza, just a slice or two.

Seriously, by itself, what is wrong with eating pizza?
if you are on a low carb diet, you are physiologically changing the way your body fuels itself. Eating minimal carbs for a few days (20-30g) while eating lots of fat and protein causes your liver to start producing ketones which burn fat to fuel the body. When you eat a normal amount of carbs (100g+/day) your body creates insulin to convert the carbs to glucose, also known as an insulin reaction. No matter what you eat your body is creating insulin, but on a low carb diet with ketone production the insulin level is very low and steady and your body is mostly using fat for fuel, whereas with a regular carb diet you have insulin spikes (blood sugar levels is another term) related to food intake.

I should say in both cases the protein you eat is used for maintaining (or building) muscle mass, with carbs (glucose) or fat (ketones) used for other energy requirements, which is why as you approach more optimal body weight levels (or stalling on weight loss) it becomes important to figure out exactly the macronutrient levels you need to lose or maintain weight - X amount of calories used at Y weight (BMR), and a percentage mix (usually around 60/35/5 of fat/protein/carbs) to support that. There are online calculators likehttp://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/that let you calculate the exact macros for your weight, height, etc.

So thats why those who are obese and on a low carb (keto, atkins, lchf) diet shouldn't eat a slice of pizza, the amount of carbs would "kick" you out of keto by producing a lot of insulin to convert the carbs and stopping the production of ketones until the insulin reaction has subsided. You can re-enter ketosis within a few hours or a day or two of eating a lot of carbs, but you have halted your progress until that process is complete.

The biggest thing about a keto diet is not the way the math works out on energy consumption, but the idea that by eating mostly fat/protein you satiate yourself much faster than with carbs, you stop developing cravings for sweets/breads/pasta after a week or two (usually), and end up over the long run being able to eat well within your calorie limit while not craving carbs/sweets (blood sugar spikes).