Weight Loss Thread

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
"protein potatoes" are dried potatoes mixed with whey protein steamed grated cauliflower and water.

Sounds fucking awful, why not just mix the whey protein with water and drink it like a real person

That's all. Also, funny that someone mentioned they didn't eat carrots on their low carb diet because "they contain too much sugar", and you ignored them and have constantly attacked me for saying to not overeat tomatos while on a low-carb diet, and tomatoes have about the same sugar as carrots.

LOL, from your internet tough guy routine in politics thread I'd never have guessed you're so sensitive. I'm sorry for not replying to every single low carb/keto idiot. But repeating yourself constantly gets old

Also notice, he said he was not counting calories, but eating "primarily leafy greens" from 580 to 260. How many calories, if you had to guess, was he intaking while losing weight from 580 to 260? If he ate 5 pounds of "leafy greens" in a day that's about 1000 calories depending on the green (spinach, for example would need to be about 10 pounds).

He said his food was mixed - and everyone's plate should always have a significant quantity of leafy greens along with a protein source and fat - which he was adding in the form of olive oil

Did you miss the part where he said he went from 230 to 220 on 3000 calories?

Dude, like I keep telling you - just accept that some people have been doing this and posting in this thread for longer than you have. It really doesn't need to keep going back and forth. As I said, multiple people have expressed concern about your diet.

I offered plenty of times to people in the old thread - I am happy to design a diet and workout plan for anyone, all they have to do is ask.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Skipped a few pages, but thought it was pertinent to post that I probably eat 1500-2000, calories a day, potentially more if I feel eat more pork rinds than normal, or have a double serving of keto pancakes for breakfast with my eggs, but I'm down to the lowest weight that I've been in years. 310.6, from 335.

Fuck starving yourself!

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
The more expensive ones are actually quite good at the body fat analysis, but in any case in the context of wanting to lose some weight when you weigh say 200lbs, the +/- 0.5 pound margin of error is absolutely irrelevant. Please tell me how this tiny margin of error has any material impact in gauging your weight loss progress. Again, you're weighing a human, not pharmaceuticals. This is the exact reasons why there are electronic lab scales that go all the way to the 4th decimal point, as well as balance scales used to weigh elephants. You're basically saying it's worth having a bigass ugly balance scale in your bathroom, maintaining a journal of weight loss, and a BMI caliper, just so you can have 0.5lbs greater accuracy or so when you weigh 200lbs.. /boggle.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Skipped a few pages, but thought it was pertinent to post that I probably eat 1500-2000, calories a day, potentially more if I feel eat more pork rinds than normal, or have a double serving of keto pancakes for breakfast with my eggs, but I'm down to the lowest weight that I've been in years. 310.6, from 335.

That's awesome, keep it up.

scale garbage

Oh-My-God-Who-The-Hell-Cares-Gif-On-Family-Guy.gif

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You made A case, but not necessarily a relevant one for most people here. A downward trend in body fat and overall weight is what they should be shooting for. Not an exact measurement to the fourth decimal point. That's not going to be particularly useful and in some cases, could be detrimental to someone's mental state or confidence.

We're all here to help, let's not keep getting pissy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
This keto shit is insane. I am seriously down a lb a day on the scale despite eating more food and according to my ketostix only being right in the middle of the range of actual ketosis. 371 today which means I've lost 47 lbs since May 15th when I started back up. 378.4 on August 5th which was at that point a new low, to 371 today Wow.

I will increase my food intake if I keep losing this fast. I've missed one day of workouts(2 days of cardio because fuck cardio) since I started and the pounds are just flying off.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
I don't lose weight, or gain it. Hovering at around 1500-2000 calories a day, but I am sedentary so no deviation.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's really not that difficult, though. One of my staple dinners is 1.3 pounds of ground turkey, a vidalia onion, and a green pepper tossed in a pan till cooked. I don't even use any oil, and that's nearly 1k calories for a single meal of nothing but "healthy" food. Portion size is just as important as the kind of food you eat.
Dude that's like 2 pounds of food of course that's a lot of calories

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Dude that's like 2 pounds of food of course that's a lot of calories

Weight has little bearing on calorie count. I could eat 2 pounds of broccoli for hardly any calories, or 2 pounds of Doritos for an insane amount of calories.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
This keto shit is insane. I am seriously down a lb a day on the scale despite eating more food and according to my ketostix only being right in the middle of the range of actual ketosis. 371 today which means I've lost 47 lbs since May 15th when I started back up. 378.4 on August 5th which was at that point a new low, to 371 today Wow.

I will increase my food intake if I keep losing this fast. I've missed one day of workouts(2 days of cardio because fuck cardio) since I started and the pounds are just flying off.

My experience is that the loss will slow down significantly, and then it will be streaky from week to week. Some weeks I lose 2 lbs, some weeks I gain a lb, some weeks I lose 4. Kind of all over the place but it averages out to a little under 2 lbs per week.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

it's called water weight.

If you don't realise this then you either haven't read the posts on this subject from a few days ago, or haven't read much about keto diets

I'm 80kg, if I go keto then I'll drop 3kg in the first week. All it takes is a big carb meal or very sugary foods to put it back on.

You're much heavier than me, therefore you are carrying more water weight, easily 5kg / 10 lbs worth of water.

You're already starving yourself, keto isn't speeding anything up.

As I said, you're just making it harder for yourself, at least you would be if you're following a taxing workout program.

I occasionally go keto for a week, usually if I've had a weekend of drinking and bad food. My normal workout is 40 minutes weights and 20 hiit cardio, on keto I can barely last for 10 minutes of hiit

Last edited:

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
This is exactly what my doctor has told me, which is why this diet will change once I hit 32 BMI

BMI is completely worthless as an indicator. Instead, measure your waist-to-hip ratio. Or, if you have some time, google the USMC body fat calculator.

Any recommendations on a scale? The really good one they use when I weigh in is a Tanita, but I am not sure how reasonable it is for home use.

They all suck, more or less, even the ones from Tanita. The ones with a handbar are rumoured to be more precise, but even those still deviate around 1%, depending on hydration level and if you slept/worked out three hours before. Its good enough for a rough estimate if you weigh in daily and average by 5 days or so.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wasn't aware there was an exodus, so I'll copy/paste...

I know you guys shit all over me the last time I posted an update. Oh well, here goes again, I do enjoy reading all of your progress stories.

Decided to start my 3rd prohormone/steroid cycle. (first was in november of last year, second in march of this year)

Went with M1AD (Methyl-1-Etiocholenolol-Epietiocholanolone) again when I saw it for sale a second time on Amazon (although different manufacturer, first was blackstone labs, this time alpha pharm, I bought 3 bottles (about 4 cycle supply and I'm glad I did because it is sold out again)). That's what I used for my first cycle and it was really quite amazing the effect it had on my body. I Used 2 bottles of 1-Andro and 1 bottle of epi-andro (ironman labs) (over the span of 6 weeks) for my 2nd cycle and was not impressed at all by the effects, leaned out a little bit, but very little added muscle (perhaps my dosages were not high enough) by the time I had completed my pct I was back to my starting weight. I've been using "cycle support" (ironman labs, mostly for the milk thistle) during both of my cycles, and ironman labs pct extreme for my PCT along with arimistane (otc AI, first time blackstone labs, this time olympus labs) sparingly during my cycle (about 25mg every other day) followed by a heavier dose tapering off as part of my pct (50mg a day for the first week). Along with the usual creatine/fish oil/multivitamin.

My first cycle of M1AD I used taurine to combat back pumps, but that hasn't been an issue so far with this 3rd cycle 4 days in. I plan on adding a small half dose dermacrine (dhea/mild AI) during my 2nd week to keep up libido/combat lethargy which was a little bit of a problem during my first cycle. First 2 cycles I also cut out yohimbe/caffeine, but I plan on continue using (in small doses) this time around to try to keep up my energy level/alertness since I'm normally at 200+ mg of caffeine a day and I think that contributed a lot to my lack of energy during my cycles.

5'8" 205lbs approx 20% bodyfat. (gained about 8lbs in 4 days mostly from water retention, but I do look huge right now, so that's cool)

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'd consider steroids if the side effects weren't so awful and permanent. What's your motivation to take them, Antarius? Do you compete?

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just do it to look good, and as a part of pushing myself to see how far I can go/improve. I figure that my testosterone is slowly declining with age, and worse case scenario I could always go on long-term testosterone replacement therapy if I actually did screw something up, but so far I've bounced back really quick to "normal feeling" really quick (within a week, even though I continue taking them for the full duration) even with just over the counter PCT products. Part of that is likely from my liver not being abused my entire life, so maybe the sides from this methylated compound isn't as bad as it is for some guys, I've always been a light drinker, and my cycles being relatively short, so my natural production is only shut down for short periods of time compared to people doing 8+ week injection cycles. At some point I'd like to have kids, if it was a problem, I imagine I could get prescribed some HCG or something to jumpstart my natural semen production as well.

I haven't posted about my relationships in a long time in this forum. But in the past month I've banged 5 women. 2 were 18, 1 was 19. I'm 34. I spent most of the past year dating a 20 year old student working on her Ph.D. before I broke up with her. She has been trying hard for the past 2 months to get me back, including buying me concert tickets, cleaning my house, cooking me dinners. That's motivation enough for me to continue lifting. Yes, feeling like a horny 16 year old kid again, except with the knowledge of a 34 year old, is a good feeling.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Others might berate you, but I figure you're a grown ass man, know the consequences of what you're doing, and you're living how you wanna live. I think you're selling yourself short and could get those same results without the steroids (with a lot of effort and a little patience), but I'm clearly more risk averse than you are.

Welcome to the new forum, by the way.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Quick keto update. Ended up at around 6 lbs lost this week, according to my ketostix I am now in the second highest stage of ketosis. I hurt my back Tuesday(don't ask, dumb story) so I haven't done cardio and three days and all I've done is bench and do seated stuff(rows, hammer curls, extensions).

I know it's apparently impossible to gain muscle while at the deficit I am running but my arms are massively more defined than they were a month ago. The frustrating part of this is that there is simply nothing I can do but wait for the weight to fall off. So much other shit I want to do and I'm just waiting around to get this weight loss done. Hurry up and wait I guess.

Caliane

just to make a post.
friday weigh in was 177. obviously as noted week had shenanigans, fucking up planned diet and exercise.

180 and below, transitioning into stable diet, and exercise. Getting sub 20% body fat, and within target weight. So, cutting down to 3-5miles/day run, and planks/bridges/pushups,etc. Got a blender, adding protein shakes into the mix. Mostly just replacing peanut butter lunch.
Again, the goal was never really just weight loss, it was "eliminate or reduce spare tire". Which has largely happened, but cutting it more, great. The body fat% is now the key target.

Although, smoothies all around. Kindof brings back the icecream complaint. 1/2 cup "serving size" chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. 66grams. 160calories, 14g sugar.
or a strawberry/banana smoothie. 1 pint/470grams 140cal, 17g sugar. +dietary fiber, and vitamins. WAY more satisfying.