Weight Loss Thread

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Day 8 of cycle.

210lbs (gain of 13).
Pants are actually fitting looser, so I've actually lost size off my waist despite the weight gain.

Started taking test base tonight, my sex drive, after initally going through the roof had plummeted to zero that last 2 days, so hopefully this will get that back up and running again. Ex girlfriend (we work out together still) said that she thought my chest and arms were looking really nice today while I was doing lat pulldowns. I haven't significantly altered my diet at all, other than trying to get much more protein into my meals, which makes the insane weight change all the more remarkable.

cypis

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm confused, why are you using prohormones instead of regular roids? You're basically getting all the negative side effects for minimal benefits.
Also, I'd suggest actually paying attention to diet before hopping on. A cycle at 210 lbs and your height is just a waste of money.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
5'6"
I am not a big person. 155 was around 10% bodyfat though, and now I'm comfortable at 165ish and 13ish%. Easy to maintain and since I'm not a pro (like basically -everyone- who comments in this thread) I'm not going through weird cutting or bulking phases.

I had a pretty gnarly beer-gut at 185 (in my opinion) and it was the impetus to knock the lbs off. It was entirely too easy to go from a fairly athletic looking guy to looking like the upper end of "dad bod" with comparatively (to the bigger folks here) little weight change. While I'm a little stocky naturally because I'm shaped like a small gorilla, for 20+ years I weighed between 150-160lbs prior to randomly gaining 30lbs during the end of last summer/early fall. I'm sort of lucky I didn't end up with stretch marks, to be honest. I put the weight on in a -very- short period of time, and it basically all went directly to the abdomen. Didn't really have lots of extra fat anywhere else, just a spare tire. Looked really bad, and it legit made me go from wearing my normal clothing to a lot of "athletic" stuff on the average because I didn't want to purchase a new wardrobe going from a 30" waist to a 34" (and a snug 34 at that).

OK, that makes some sense, at your height. Agree on the weight gain ONLY in the gut. Happened to me too for a couple of years before I started being active again. It's hard to get rid of it, for me. I took abs for granted as a kid and now I have to fight for them. 165 and 13% seems pretty damn good for maintenance.

And here's a pro tip, from a non-pro; all the pros here just read bodybuilding.com and watch youtube. After a certain number of hours, they get mailed a "certificate of bullshit pro-ness". Most can be ignored, lol.

And this steroid dude.....really? Really Brah?

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Please don't hormone shame Antarius eventually something hilarious will happen.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Pilforgod

Silver Knight of the Realm
Okay, so I really need to make changes and want to do them correctly so they stick. Right now, I am about 330 and am 6'3. In the past, back in college I was at 215 with tons of muscle but that was when I had time to spend 4 hours in the gym every day (and took stacker 2, nitro-tech and cell-tech (creatine)).

So now I have a work at home job, watch 3 kids (2 are in some sort of school) and has a wife who is okay with me the way I am. Obviously, I need to get back on track because health is a big issue. Just being this fat to begin with and now I have severe sleep apnea which is making it harder to lose weight. I get that corrected in October, once I get my machine.

I love going to the gym and being there, weightlifting, swimming and all that stuff. Generally, up until now I enjoy just focusing on one part of the body hard and doing some cardio but I am open to change. The hard part is actually getting my ass there to begin with. Also, I am no spring chicken anymore at 37 and with the weight and 3 herniated discs I need to be careful these days (don't even mention deadlifts). I'm basically looking for the best way to start so it sticks and becomes something that is part of the daily routine. It's time to be the correct role model for the kiddos.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Find a time slot that works for you to go to the gym, something you can stay committed to. I'm going to be honest with you, there's no way to motivate you to go. You need to get off your ass and motivate yourself. If you like the "bro-split," go for it. If you want double frequency, do some push-pull-legs. With your back the way it is, I wouldn't recommend a powerlifting routine and I'd stay away from squats and deadlifts. Keep it simple in the beginning, I'm sure you remember the basics: benching and its variations, flys, rows, pulldowns, pull-ups, shoulder press, tricep extensions, curls, hit them legs so you don't look like an idiot. Nothing has changed since you were 215 except steroids have gotten a lot better.

But in reality, going to the gym means fuck all if you don't tune in your diet. At 330, you could drop weight relatively easily just by removing basic shit from your diet and laying on your ass all day. Take me through a basic day of what you eat and maybe we can figure this out. I'm focusing mainly on shit you need to remove pretty much completely -- soda, anything loaded with sugar, deep fried bullshit, processed foods, etc. Also, any pre-existing medical conditions?

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
You need to stop eating too much. Until you get that right it probably won't matter much what you do in the gym.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
about 330 and am 6'3. .

I love going to the gym and being there, weightlifting, swimming and all that stuff.

Well the good news is that 330lbs you could eat 3500 calories a day and still lose weight. That's a shit ton of food.

3-4 60 minute gym sessions and 3000-3500 calories and the weight will fly off.

Last edited:

Pilforgod

You need to stop eating too much. Until you get that right it probably won't matter much what you do in the gym.

Yeah we eat out/bring in way too much and am cutting portions. Should I just do my normal weight routine to make sure I don't get that saggy skin effect when I lose all of this?

Caliane

Okay, so I really need to make changes and want to do them correctly so they stick. Right now, I am about 330 and am 6'3. In the past, back in college I was at 215 with tons of muscle but that was when I had time to spend 4 hours in the gym every day (and took stacker 2, nitro-tech and cell-tech (creatine)).

So now I have a work at home job, watch 3 kids (2 are in some sort of school) and has a wife who is okay with me the way I am. Obviously, I need to get back on track because health is a big issue. Just being this fat to begin with and now I have severe sleep apnea which is making it harder to lose weight. I get that corrected in October, once I get my machine.

I love going to the gym and being there, weightlifting, swimming and all that stuff. Generally, up until now I enjoy just focusing on one part of the body hard and doing some cardio but I am open to change. The hard part is actually getting my ass there to begin with. Also, I am no spring chicken anymore at 37 and with the weight and 3 herniated discs I need to be careful these days (don't even mention deadlifts). I'm basically looking for the best way to start so it sticks and becomes something that is part of the daily routine. It's time to be the correct role model for the kiddos.
yeah.

As Ossai said. you need like 3500 cal/day to maintain. so you are eating a ton of calories.

what are you eating? 3-4 good meals/day, with major binge/snacking on bad stuff? soda? beer? or, just bad all around?

back problems, and overall weight will definitely interfere with exercise. But at the same time, its really good for your health. you used to lift, and now have kids.
finding something you can physically do without pain, or damage, as well as enjoy should be #1. Also, working the kids into it, is likely the best idea. Running/hiking/walking/swimming/basketball, etc. if the kids do a sport, get out there with them.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

This guy went from 312lbs to 172, lifted weights and ate sensibly. Figured it gives some of the guys here an example of a "best in class" before/after

Pilforgod

yeah.

As Ossai said. you need like 3500 cal/day to maintain. so you are eating a ton of calories.

what are you eating? 3-4 good meals/day, with major binge/snacking on bad stuff? soda? beer? or, just bad all around?

back problems, and overall weight will definitely interfere with exercise. But at the same time, its really good for your health. you used to lift, and now have kids.
finding something you can physically do without pain, or damage, as well as enjoy should be #1. Also, working the kids into it, is likely the best idea. Running/hiking/walking/swimming/basketball, etc. if the kids do a sport, get out there with them.

Today, I had fiber heavy oatmeal and coffee for breakfast. Then two BBQ sandwiches (should've had 1) for lunch and then I just had a bowl of raisin bran for dinner. Obviously, I could've cut out a sandwich but if we don't eat out/bring in I don't eat too terribly. When the chinese and pizza start flowing it is over.

I also need to learn to like water, my brain is so sugared up and craves coke zero, diet dr. pepper so badly that it becomes very hard to drink anything else. I need to go the Penn Jillete route and just eat baked potatoes for 2 weeks to reset my brain chemistry

This guy went from 312lbs to 172, lifted weights and ate sensibly. Figured it gives some of the guys here an example of a "best in class" before/after

I will read this when I can actually give it more than 30 seconds of attention lol. Thanks for posting it. I will never be 172, I just do not have that body frame with the lifting I did in the past and still do when I go. I want to get healthy so my boy sees me like that and doesn't make the same mistakes I did. Right now the doctors have him pegged at 6'5" at least when he grows up and I can't wait to see what he can do with himself.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Yeah we eat out/bring in way too much and am cutting portions. Should I just do my normal weight routine to make sure I don't get that saggy skin effect when I lose all of this?

That's going to be up to genetics and luck probably. I went from 315-330 ish from the time I was like 16 until I was thirty and right now I'm down to like 235 and my torso looks pretty awful. Ass skin sags too it's very Hank Hill. Oh well still better than being a turbo fat.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Today, I had fiber heavy oatmeal and coffee for breakfast. Then two BBQ sandwiches (should've had 1) for lunch and then I just had a bowl of raisin bran for dinner.

Props for trying and I'm sure this feels like a significant change, but I really suggest you be more descriptive (at least, to yourself).

Not all "oatmeal and coffee" is created equal. That's either a 200 calorie breakfast or an 800 calorie breakfast depending on who I ask. Throw a fuckton of brown sugar and other crap into oatmeal and it starts to become a morning dessert. Same for the sandwiches; choice of bread, sauce, meat, and the ratios between them. Bread really sucks for food in comparison to potato. A bowl of cereal for dinner is almost as nutritionally devoid as you can make it -- sure, it's slightly better than ice cream but its really just a shitton of simple carbs. Take a fiber pill and eat a baked potato with some spice and a dab of sour cream.

At your current weight, you'll absolutely lose fat by abstaining from the truckloads of garbage that got you there -- but to actually achieve a healthy weight and stay there, you must learn how to plan, shop for, and cook actual food.

My wife and I are in the process of losing the last ten pounds or so (I'm 6'1 195 20% bf), last night we had:

salmon filet lightly coated with olive oil (300c)
spinach salad with chopped cucumber, carrot, and onion (80c)
baked potato with sour cream and hot sauce (150c)

That's our largest meal of the day. Tonight I'm making chicken bowls:

8 oz sliced chicken breast (250c)
quartered and baked potato with sour cream and hot sauce (150c)
And a huge spinach/carrot/cucumber salad with very light sauce (50c).

I'm using unprocessed meats (protein) with a bit of oil (fat) and potato (carb) to hit macro targets, and using high flavor things like green onion, spices, and hot sauces to make the meal more interesting.

Keep in mind, most people, even healthy people not following a strict diet, have "cheat days" but they don't call them that. They just eat slightly below their maintenance rate throughout the week and then have a bit extra on the weekend. All too often you see people struggling with diet, but when you really investigate, you find that they are suffering throughout the week but then smashing through 5k calories on fri/sat just like they used to and all their suffering throughout the week is for naught. I've never been obese but I can happily put away 5k+ calories eating what I want to and having some craft beers. If I intend to do that on Friday, then I need to plan for it by not indulging throughout the week.