Weight Loss Thread

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The biggest problem I see with these drugs is that once you are on them, you are on them for life.
Or tough to ween off of them, by the lifestyle change at least. IMO, drugs/treatments like these should be used for more ‘extreme’ cases or those with addition factors/limitations.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Or tough to ween off of them, by the lifestyle change at least. IMO, drugs/treatments like these should be used for more ‘extreme’ cases or those with addition factors/limitations.
Haven't tried to do any research, but I think one of the health-tubers mentioned possible insulin down-regulating basically inducing the diabetus. Not sure how true that is, but it sounds like a great way to keep you on a really expensive drug for life... so feels pretty plausible. Also something about turbo-thyroid cancer in some people. I would really love for that to just be fear-mongering, but really hard to trust pharma these days.

Last edited:

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Semaglutide works yes. It’s a medication primarily for diabetics. And yes it’s expensive. Do you need to be in it for life, no.

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
Can we talk about Wegovy/Ozempic? Its been off my radar but I'm hearing about it everywhere now. Are any of you on it? My insurance won't pay for Ozempic unless you have diabetes (which I don't have). Shit is expensive at 900 a month or so?

I have 40lbs to lose, and yes I know "just eat less bro".
It's pretty difficult to give any kind of recommendations without any details on your current diet/sleep/activity/health etc. Figure out which type of "just eat less bro" works for you, and don't feel like you have to go to it cold turkey *dadum tss*. Choose one small thing to improve on whether diet or exercise, make it a habit, then throw in something else. It's crazy how much difference even small changes make, especially in the beginning.

For instance, a quick walk/jog, even 2 minutes, in the morning sunlight (no sunglasses) is like fucking magic for energy throughout the day.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I signed up with a online provider , have a telehealth appointment for Tuesday and after that they will ship me the stuff from a compounding pharmacy from here in Florida. I'll keep yall updated... price was just 1/3rd or less of what it would have been from a regular pharmacy since my insurance does not cover this.

I'm 5'9" (use to be 5'10" or 11" but age and scoliosis shrinks us) and 227lbs naked in the AM. No desire to go below 180lbs, i'll just look like skeletor at less than that.

Lets see if this shit is the miracle drug or not.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I wish I still had side effects from ozempic, I liked losing the weight as a result of them. Instead now it just controls my blood sugar like it's supposed to while letting me eat whatever I want for the most part. Only one episode of high blood sugar from a glucose test, and that was from drinking a slurpee and eating a slice of carrot cake like a fucking idiot.

Been on it a year (0.25 -> 0.50 -> 1mg), lost 40 lbs in the first few months. Doc not increasing dosage to the typical 2mg unless my a1c ticks up. Was at 8.8 when I was prescribed after being below 7 for 3+ years. Hasn't been above 5.5 since.

Like others have said though, need to do the small things, make them a habit, then add on. I need work more on that stuff and not assume this will work this way forever. Take advantage of the opportunities it gives me to make changes and not need it forever.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
I signed up with a online provider , have a telehealth appointment for Tuesday and after that they will ship me the stuff from a compounding pharmacy from here in Florida. I'll keep yall updated... price was just 1/3rd or less of what it would have been from a regular pharmacy since my insurance does not cover this.

I'm 5'9" (use to be 5'10" or 11" but age and scoliosis shrinks us) and 227lbs naked in the AM. No desire to go below 180lbs, i'll just look like skeletor at less than that.

Lets see if this shit is the miracle drug or not.
Skeletor at 180? I'm just under 5' 11" and at my heaviest about 18 months ago was 173. I've always been naturally pretty thin though and leaned toward sports/activities that reenforce it.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Skeletor at 180? I'm just under 5' 11" and at my heaviest about 18 months ago was 173.

Yeah, I'm 5'10''+, active a with a fairly wide frame, and when I'm 180 (195 now, womp womp) I look decent at the beach but still don't have a full six-pack. I should probably be 170. No disrespect to Locnar, but most people (myself included) badly overestimate what their healthy weight is until actually getting there. People are now about an inch taller due to protein and hormones, but during my dad's generation the average male weight was ~165.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I meant Skeletor in the more literal sense... I'm sure you two have good bodies just like him, but after a certain age when you drop weight your face becomes... literal skeletor. I don't care how healthy someone is, past 50 when you have low body fat it takes a HEAVY toll on your face. Being plump keeps your face looking younger. I have a older neighbor that runs everyday, I'm glad for him and he is healthy, but I'm expecting battlecat to engage him everytime he runs up and down the street.

Anyways, had my telehealth appt today and it was just such a quick formality. I noticed this company charges the same monthly rate no matter the dosage, (up to a certain point), so I told her I was already on the introductory "low dosage" via a friend so she wrote me down for a higher dosage which basically means more vials of this stuff... for the same price.

Regardless, its still 400ish a month via this route but depending how I like it, I'm already researching what so many are already doing. Getting the stuff shipped directly to them in powder form and reconstituting it yourself, which costs a fraction of the price of even the compounded stuff I ordered today.

Reading about all this on line, it almost sounds too good to be true. We will see.

I'll keep you guys, my cohort, updated as I (sound like a fat woman now lol) "go on this journey"..

Oh, because its such a great movie and I like to plug it wherever I can, here is a visual of what I'm talking about when you are middle age and drop too much:

1701216331641.png

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I wish I still had side effects from ozempic, I liked losing the weight as a result of them. Instead now it just controls my blood sugar like it's supposed to while letting me eat whatever I want for the most part. Only one episode of high blood sugar from a glucose test, and that was from drinking a slurpee and eating a slice of carrot cake like a fucking idiot.

Been on it a year (0.25 -> 0.50 -> 1mg), lost 40 lbs in the first few months. Doc not increasing dosage to the typical 2mg unless my a1c ticks up. Was at 8.8 when I was prescribed after being below 7 for 3+ years. Hasn't been above 5.5 since.

Like others have said though, need to do the small things, make them a habit, then add on. I need work more on that stuff and not assume this will work this way forever. Take advantage of the opportunities it gives me to make changes and not need it forever.

I'm going to be doing Tirzepatide (Mojorno). Recent studies (a big one just came out) said its more effective for dropping weight. A little more expensive, but.. I'll start myself on the lowest dosage and work up as needed. I've just let myself go and need something radical to get me to a new baseline I can work with.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I meant Skeletor in the more literal sense... I'm sure you two have good bodies just like him, but after a certain age when you drop weight your face becomes... literal skeletor.
This is just being used to seeing more plump faces and used to seeing yourself more plump and seeing the converse as "strange." Just like when a guy who has had a beard for 10+ years and shaves it, he feels like he looks very strange.

There is zero chance that someone 5'10 180lbs is "skeletor".

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Im 6'1 and cut from 200-175 at summer and could barely see abs, far from looking like a concentration camp victim.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
There is zero chance that someone 5'10 180lbs is "skeletor".
Unless he's fucking comically ripped (he aint if he saying he's skeltor!), 180 lbs at that height is definitely tubbo range. I'm 6'3", and I'm beach ready with six pack and all at 190. I could easily drop 40 lbs of muscle and I'd probably just look soy faggy or something, and nowhere near 'skeletor'.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
You guys keep bring up the body, I thought I explained the middle age skeletor look is the face only. Any old dude that is getting into single digit fat composition is going to look pure Lich.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
You guys keep bring up the body, I thought I explained the middle age skeletor look is the face only. Any old dude that is getting into single digit fat composition is going to look pure Lich.
What are you a woman. If you were 5'10" and 180 you'd have some ripped muscles. Who cares if your face is ugly. You probably had an ugly face to begin with anyways.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
What are you a woman. If you were 5'10" and 180 you'd have some ripped muscles. Who cares if your face is ugly. You probably had an ugly face to begin with anyways.

I'd much rather keep my handsome face than thin papery skin stretched over veins and "ripped" muscles. I see why you have to wear a fur suit now, skeletor.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.

We're all middle aged here at this point and we're telling you this is a non issue. At 180 you'll probably still be 15%+ bodyfat. Faces don't start to look drawn out until ~5%.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I don't know about the specific numbers in this discussion, but I have definitely seen older guys who lost weight and looked worse afterwards. There's lots of celebrities that fit this. Alton Brown is one that comes to mind who I thought looked better before he lost weight. This picture isn't the best example but it was all I could find without much effort.

Screenshot 2023-11-29 8.17.40 AM.png

Everyone who sees them is all like "OMG You look AMAZING" but I'm thinking "if by "amazing" you mean 10 years older then yeah, I guess they do."

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
He looks fine in the after pic, I think ya'll just too used to seeing fat people anymore.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users