Weight Loss Thread

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Also I might add that working out with my wife is one of the most painful experiences, she loves it.

I love you lindz. I would workout with you any day.

lindz

#DDs
*Edit* Also, as has been said numerous times in this thread by many people, diet is by far the most important ingredient in getting that muscle definition. This is especially true when you want to get nice abs. I'm curious what you (Lindz) mean when you say "a healthier diet", because what a lot of people think of as "healthy" is often far from it.
Honestly healthier doesn't take too much for us. Cutting out shitty snacks and sugars which we never have too much of, but some are there for school lunches. Cutting down on carb intake, adding more veggies to meals, cut fast food, proper portion sizes.

Again, for us it isn't about being perfect it is about being sustainable for a family of 5 with little kids.

We've have a lot of success with P90X before so we're pretty comfortable sticking to that sort of thing for now. If it is something we can get into our regular routine more longterm, I would love to have things like dumbbells and a cardio machine at home.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
McCheese's change in diet might be a bigger delta than most other people changing their diet. Except for that guy drinking the garlic butter sauce. Either way, that could be why he emphasizes diet so much.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
We want definition without losing a soft feminine look. I understand people use different terms to appeal to women because the idea of gaining bulk is something most want to avoid. Every trainer I have ever spoken with has used those words with me, what can I say. I don't really care about the terminology, I just know what I want to achieve and am looking for ways to achieve it.
I feel like it's just a lack of logic on the part of women (not calling you out lindz, just quoted you instead of McCheese since his was in response). How many men have worked out at the gym for 6-12 months, at some point in their lives? It's probably a pretty large percentage, since we're not talking about those who go regularly. Now, how many of those people have shit physiques? Almost all of them.

The reason is, it's fucking HARD AS SHIT to get big in the gym. Keep in mind I'm only talking about men here. Even if you go into a gym, how many guys would you actually call big? At any given moment the answer is likely zero, but maybe 3 or 4 if you're at a big gym.

So if it's that hard for a man with all our extra testosterone to get big, why in the love of fuck would a women think lifting heavy is going to get her bulky?

The only women who you see that are bulky are the ones running cycles (plural, they're not doing just one) of some type of steroid. Unless you're squatting 2x your bodyweight as a woman, you've got nothing to worry about. Even then, you'll probably actually like how you look being able to lift that much.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
We want definition without losing a soft feminine look.
This is a contradiction.

Can you show us some pictures of women that have the look you want? Maybe that will be more effective at helping you.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I've been lifting for something like 15 months pretty solidly and have made definite improvements in strength and my weight has gone from 165lbs to 192lbs with what I estimate to be just north of 15-16% bf the entire time (I still haven't figured out this nutrition thing at all) but I still look like a scrawny man child.

A woman bulking up just makes me laugh so goddamn hard knowing what I know now. If looking like Arnold or Dmitry Klokov was easy... well I wouldn't be complaint about life as much.

If a woman lifts heavy she'll look like a fitness model/swimsuit model if her diet is 100% perfect and she'll have visible abs. Otherwise if her diet is 90% clean she'll have a small layer of subcutaneous fat which will smooth her out like you're looking for.

Cardio is bullshit unless you're training for a related endurance event.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
That's some pretty nice gains leadsalad. Probably much harder than what I experienced going from 220 to 190.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Even a guy with very impressive amounts of strength (1rm on bench of 275+, squat 350+, deadlift 395+) won't look "big" unless he is cycling. Natural, raw strength doesn't automatically blow up your muscles to bodybuilder size.

Shit I see some petite women at my gym doing shit like clean and jerks and they are just heavenly to look at. They are all kinds of sexy.

Rydil

Golden Knight of the Realm
I was able to do goblet squats without any pain tonight. But wondering what type of sets and reps I should be doing. I did 3x8 tonight but my knee got tired fast. Would a 5x5 program work well, even if the weight is low?

Khane

Go see a doctor. Do not be an idiot like I was. I "worked through the pain like a man" for 3 years. By the end of it I couldn't even chicken wing with my left arm. My shoulder was completely fucked and required surgery. I feel better now but I still can't fall asleep on that side or I wake up in pain, I still get pain when the weather changes, and I will never have the strength I used to have. That shoulder will never be the same.

Rydil

Golden Knight of the Realm
Go see a doctor. Do not be an idiot like I was. I "worked through the pain like a man" for 3 years. By the end of it I couldn't even chicken wing with my left arm. My shoulder was completely fucked and required surgery. I feel better now but I still can't fall asleep on that side or I wake up in pain, I still get pain when the weather changes, and I will never have the strength I used to have. That shoulder will never be the same.
I had ACL surgery 10 weeks ago, doctor & PT told me to take things slow. Was told to start doing squats, lunges, and step ups. So I have been messing around with a few things and seeing what I can do. Figured out I can do goblet squats with a 20lbs kettle bell. But can not add any weight to my lunges. So just wondering if I should stick to my 3x8 and build it up to 3x10. Or lower my reps to 5 and see how many sets I can do.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you're 10 weeks post-op, you should be talking to your Doctor/PT about this sort of thing.

Khane

Rydil: Doc... bro... do you even lift? Just tell me some shit to do, gimme a break with this garbage
Doc: You need to rest, there are exercises you can do but you need to speak with your PT and follow the program that's been recommended
Rydil: Whatever, I've got the internet
[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */: Bros I don't know what's going on, I tried to squat with weights today but my knee hurts and I have no idea why. I think I'm not drinking enough coconut oil. Any suggestions?

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
My girlfriend lost 17 lbs in 3 weeks... Her goal is 50 lbs in 5 months (although even if she only makes it to 30 that'd be great, starting at about 190)... Any advice for helping her stay motivated any on-track? When we talked about it, I tried to talk her into doing 1500 calories, but she's been doing under that every day and claims she isn't too hungry despite also working out every day for at least 20 minutes, Just don't want her to rebound/yo-yo.

Khane

She lost 17 lbs in 3 weeks. She doesn't need advice. Whenever she's hungry fuck her. Sate her desires.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
When you first start pounds melt off, and that of is usually motivation enough, as things slow down that is where she will struggle to keep at it. Best thing for me to make sure i don't lose motivation and get off track is counting calories. If i know exactly what im putting in me i stay on track better. Also helping her find interesting workout alternatives if her current one plateaus or gets boring. Plus Kanes advice doesnt hurt.