Weight Loss Thread

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
rrr_img_69221.jpg
You are a beautiful man. Thanks for motivating me to work harder at this shit.

also, /endgay

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
I finally achieved my first goal over this weekend. I weighed in at 199.8 this morning. That makes for a total of 83 lbs lost in one day under a year. Overall changes are 42 > 36 inch waist and going from XXL > L shirt. I was somewhat worried I would hit goal by the year marker as I injured myself last week and it has kept me from attending my BJJ classes. Pretty strong mental accomplishment for me on that side.

While I was waylayed I tried out a couple of other activities. I went climbing at a Vertical Endeavors which was a surprising amount of fun. I also tested the waters for biking from my house to work, which is about 9 miles one way. I think I am going to be healed up enough to go back this coming week.

I do not think the coming months are going to change much in terms of the plan. Going to keep on going at this pace of 1 - 2 lbs./week as long as I can. I think the addition of climbing into the mix could help to spice things up. It was a pretty intense workout in a short period of time.

The changes to the diet are going well, it is evolving. I still drink BPC in the morning, but I have turned it into more of a protein shake now. I am hitting about a 50 / 50 split between protein and fat intake (or 60/40 on the side of protein). I may need to tone back the protein a bit as it seems to be hindering my ability to get back into ketosis (had an incident with chips and salsa at a BWWW). Going to keep monitoring once I am back on full gym schedule. BJJ has a way of getting me into ketosis in a hurry.

Next goals are going to be getting into the low 170s and competing in a BJJ competition at middleweight. I am hoping to be able to keep up the pace and get this done in the next 6 - 9 months. Once I hit this goal I will review again and see what is next. I am guessing I only have around 140 - 150 lbs. of lean mass so lifting may be in my future. All in due time.

Pics are below. I didn't take any actual before pictures, but this one is from about a month before I started. Not confident enough for no shirt pics, no one wants to see that :p. After being so large my main problem area is stomach / love handles. Will take some time for those areas to get addressed. I am hoping that my body will respond well to some additional weight loss and begin to tighten up.

Before:
rrr_img_69637.jpg
After:
rrr_img_69638.jpg

EDIT: I almost forgot. I owed this to Arkk and I am a man of my word.

rrr_img_69644.jpg

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Damn man, that's awesome. I sometimes wish I had been a giant fatty just so I could lose a ton of weight. I always am entralled by weight loss shows.

I also like how the first after picture almost looks like you just did a bad shop job on it to make it skinnier (I think because you lost so much weight in your face).

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
You look a hell of a lot better. Great job.

Stand up straight. In your after picture you've got a nasty slouch going. You're not a fat slob anymore so stand up tall, proud, and confident!

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I finally achieved my first goal over this weekend. I weighed in at 199.8 this morning. That makes for a total of 83 lbs lost in one day under a year. Overall changes are 42 > 36 inch waist and going from XXL > L shirt. I was somewhat worried I would hit goal by the year marker as I injured myself last week and it has kept me from attending my BJJ classes. Pretty strong mental accomplishment for me on that side.

While I was waylayed I tried out a couple of other activities. I went climbing at a Vertical Endeavors which was a surprising amount of fun. I also tested the waters for biking from my house to work, which is about 9 miles one way. I think I am going to be healed up enough to go back this coming week.

I do not think the coming months are going to change much in terms of the plan. Going to keep on going at this pace of 1 - 2 lbs./week as long as I can. I think the addition of climbing into the mix could help to spice things up. It was a pretty intense workout in a short period of time.

The changes to the diet are going well, it is evolving. I still drink BPC in the morning, but I have turned it into more of a protein shake now. I am hitting about a 50 / 50 split between protein and fat intake (or 60/40 on the side of protein). I may need to tone back the protein a bit as it seems to be hindering my ability to get back into ketosis (had an incident with chips and salsa at a BWWW). Going to keep monitoring once I am back on full gym schedule. BJJ has a way of getting me into ketosis in a hurry.

Next goals are going to be getting into the low 170s and competing in a BJJ competition at middleweight. I am hoping to be able to keep up the pace and get this done in the next 6 - 9 months. Once I hit this goal I will review again and see what is next. I am guessing I only have around 140 - 150 lbs. of lean mass so lifting may be in my future. All in due time.

Pics are below. I didn't take any actual before pictures, but this one is from about a month before I started. Not confident enough for no shirt pics, no one wants to see that :p. After being so large my main problem area is stomach / love handles. Will take some time for those areas to get addressed. I am hoping that my body will respond well to some additional weight loss and begin to tighten up.

Before:
rrr_img_69637.jpg
After:
rrr_img_69638.jpg

EDIT: I almost forgot. I owed this to Arkk and I am a man of my word.

rrr_img_69644.jpg
Awesome job man. Going to be hard to lose that last 20 lbs of fat without lifting weights and putting on more muscle, but easing into it shouldn't be an issue. Good luck!

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good job, man. Take McCheese's advice and work on that slouch. It can take some work initially, but it makes a huge difference.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Decided to start using my home gym. Went back into my old weight-lifting routine. Was kind of worried that I wouldn't be able to hit my body like I wanted.. well, after two 1.5 hour sessions I am definitely feeling it - in a good way of course.

Need to weigh myself and take a picture tonight. Slightly worried about what I'll do on leg day. I have a gym membership so maybe I'll just go there on leg day .

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I love me some summertime, race season is in full effect now and I've been eating/drinking anything and everything without worry.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
It's been 3 weeks since I've started keeping detailed nutrition logs. I also recently changed my caloric intake to a deficit and reduced gym volume. Even with only 3 weeks, the trend is pretty clear. I plan to do this for months and it'll be cool to show a 6 month log incorporating a full cut/bulk cycle. The broscience or straight up misinformation that otherwise intelligent people subscribe to blows my mind. Himeo with his "sugar is the debil", my other friend who thinks weight loss + eating carbs is impossible, and other people who think a body routinely violates thermodynamic laws (people who refute calories in / calories out). Also worthwhile to note that I began a 5mg creatine a day intake about two weeks ago which probably gave me a few lbs of water weight.

EDIT: The graphic erroneously lists the weights as KG. These are all in pounds.

rrr_img_69996.png

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Great results, but at 197kg (434 lb?) it's not really surprising to see that kind of trend. People at that weight can shed a lot just by cutting out shit like soda. Either way keep tracking, I'm interested to see your results in the long term. What are you using to log?

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Great results, but at 197kg (434 lb?) it's not really surprising to see that kind of trend. People at that weight can shed a lot just by cutting out shit like soda. Either way keep tracking, I'm interested to see your results in the long term. What are you using to log?
Haha -- my bad. Those are all in lbs. The webapp I'm using just states everything as KG. I useFree Calorie Counter, Diet Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.comto log andMyFitnessPal Exportto scrape the data and make the chart.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
At 200kg you could probably take a dump and have it equate to giving birth to a child.

First week of weightlifting done. Gonna start the photo log this weekend.. not sure if I will post it. I did squats last night and immediately my legs were rubber. Today they're even worse. I always loved that feeling in a sick, masochist way.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I stopped squatting heavy a while ago because it completely ruined any enjoyment I got from riding my bike. Now I just do some light medicine ball squats.