Weird Math

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I was born in 1980. This is the only year where someone can always know how old you are according to the year.

It is 2013 so 20 + 13 = 33

It is a little complicated prior to 2000 but it still works.

1981 is 1 - (9 - 8) + 1 = 1
1995 is keep the first 1, let the 9's cancel each other out and then place the second number after the 1 so I was 15.

Someday when I have Alzheimer's I will be able to still remember my age.

It works only until 2099 though, after that I can't even imagine the math gymnastics you need in order to make it work.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
If you have alzheimers, you might not even remember this little trick. You're fucked.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
A bird just flew on my back porch, then ran into a pane of glass and broke its neck.

Tide goes in
Math comes out
You can't explain that

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A doctor who specializes in skin diseases will dream he has fallen asleep in front of the television. Later, he will wake up in front of the television but not remember his dream.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I was born in 1980. This is the only year where someone can always know how old you are according to the year.

It is 2013 so 20 + 13 = 33

It is a little complicated prior to 2000 but it still works.

1981 is 1 - (9 - 8) + 1 = 1
1995 is keep the first 1, let the 9's cancel each other out and then place the second number after the 1 so I was 15.

Someday when I have Alzheimer's I will be able to still remember my age.

It works only until 2099 though, after that I can't even imagine the math gymnastics you need in order to make it work.
Happy birthday, a_skeleton_03!

I'm also disappointed because I thought the title said Wierd Meth...

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If all the animals along the equator were capable of flattery, then Thanksgiving and Hallowe'en... would fall... on the same day.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Some day, you have no idea when, you will stand on a bridge. On the other side is eternal life, behind you is eternal damnation. There is a figure blocking your path, he seems agitated and possibly horny. It is the year 2042. The figure looks at you and says:

"I'm going to ask you a single question. Pass, and eternal life and glory and lots of hot bitches is yours. Fail... well, I have a hard dick and you have a tight ass. The question is, how old is someone born in 1980?"

You scour your brain, but you were never good at math under pressure. Time is ticking, and your butthole is clenched. Finally you remember... you know this.

".. 62, shithead."

The figure disintegrates before your eyes and you coolly and calmly walk towards eternal life and hot bitches. You put on your sunglasses David Caruso style. Not today, faggot. Not today.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is how I envision it. Thanks for the tip, I will always cherish it.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
octal 31 = decimal 25

And don't knock the guy, that's the only non-shit post in this whole thread (mine included).

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Hey guys, guys, listen to this.

Why was 6 afraid of 7?

Because 7 ate 9!

spronk

FPS noob
you need to check your math privilege, its cis transnormative heterobiased privilege of hundreds of years of slavery. 1+1 is not always 2, ok

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Unless you're born on January 1st, you'll be two different ages in the same year.

...and if you have Alzeheimer's, good luck remembering when you were born.