Weird: The Al Yankovic Story

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
We saw him in Vegas and he essentially did this live starting across the street on a bridge and walking all through the back halls of the hotel during the first verse. The guy's stage execution is nothing short of incredible. Also, his acoustic and all cover tours were amazing.

Fun fact: The building that was shot in was used as Maude Lebowski's apartment in the Big Lebowski movie.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I’m going to watch this because it looks entertaining and I’m a sucker for nostalgia crap.

However I don’t recall Weird Al banging Madonna as shown in the trailer or looking like he’s getting ready for a role in Fight Club 2.
1661872236959.png

Feien

Ploppers
I’m going to watch this because it looks entertaining and I’m a sucker for nostalgia crap.

However I don’t recall Weird Al banging Madonna as shown in the trailer or looking like he’s getting ready for a role in Fight Club 2.
View attachment 430577
Oh they were banging all right. She could never resist his incredible animal magnetism.

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
It appears to be a "What Al imagined his life would be like" kind of biography.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Or kinda wished it had been like. heh
pretty much, Weird Al is fantastic, but because he's "quirky" he never really made it big into the mainstream. thats not a bad thing. mainstream celebs are empty retards who have to do dumb shit to stay relevant. Al's been doing his thing for over 40 years and hasnt been changed by his popularity at all. which makes him amazing.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It being a parody is pretty fucking ingenious. I haven’t watched but the last trailer, so I assume this was his idea.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Many performers consider it a badge of honor to be parodied by Weird Al, that might not be the same as being a mainstream star yourself but it's pretty neat.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I remember watching the Weird Al behind the music when I was a kid and it was either Devo or the guys who wrote My Sharona basically saying they absolutely hated him for parodying their song. They seemed like the only ones who got butthurt about it.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I remember watching the Weird Al behind the music when I was a kid and it was either Devo or the guys who wrote My Sharona basically saying they absolutely hated him for parodying their song. They seemed like the only ones who got butthurt about it.

Coolio was a whiny bitch about Amish Paradise

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Coolio told him it was ok. Then in true bigger moron fashion got mad when it was successful

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
And the irony of Colio getting mad is that his song was just a straight up rip off of Pastime Paradise, an all-time Stevie Wonder classic.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Songs in the Key of Life was absolutely pillaged by hip hop and rap for hooks.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Probably because Weird Al was a better Devo.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I need to find the clips, but there are some bits from interviews on the press tour for this where Weird Al and Ratcliffe are both completely keeping up the schtick. Ratcliffe saying "this is all true.. every bit of it"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user